Linn County News
Published Feb. 21, 2018
Robert L. “Bob” Calvert, age 76, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018, at his home after a short battle with cancer. He was born in Higginsville, Mo., on Sept. 14, 1941, the son of Robert G. and Pauline Davis Calvert.
He married Linda Cranmer on April 2, 1966, at Higginsville.
Bob worked as an application engineer for Sprint North Supply before retiring in 2001.
As everyone knows, he never really retired; he began his passion for farming and helping anyone fix anything. He was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus Council No. 12437. Bob loved his farm, animals, fishing, hunting and just being busy. He will be greatly missed by many.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Michael; and a sister, Lucille Branson.
Bob is survived by his wife Linda; daughter Amy; son Scott; six grandchildren, Austin, Cody, Morgan, Gracie, Molly and Allison; great grandson Brayden; sister Debbie Calvert-Mapp; and niece Jamie.
Funeral service was Monday, Feb. 19, 2018, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Louisburg, Kan. Rosary was prayed Sunday at the Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to Cancer Research, Grady’s Kids or Knights of Columbus. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Jan. 26, 2022 Douglas Leonard Whitcraft, son of the late Donald Francis Sr. and Bernice Rose (Benson) Whitcraft, was born on Dec. 5, 1958, in Cleveland, Mo., and began his eternal journey with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 26, 2022 Sandra Louise "Sandy" Hagman, age 80, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, Jan. 21, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 26, 2022 Kathryn N. Kite McGee, age 92, Centerville, Kan., passed away, Jan. 18, 2022, at the Residential Living Center in Garnett, Kan. Kathryn was born, June 7, 1928, the daughter of Chester and Velma (Lee) Kite,... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Property involved is at Industrial Park La Cygne has annexed 12.5 acres of Linn County property. At their regular meeting last Wednesday, Jan. 19, the city’s council voted 4-0, with Thomas Capp not present, to adopt Ordinance No. 1498 that makes the Industrial... [More]
Question comes with recusal of council member on wife’s contract The first meeting of the year was held On Jan. 3 with three Pleasanton council members present: Joe Whitaker, Jake Mattingley and Melanie Staton. As recorded in notes from that meeting in the Jan.... [More]
Defendant may be on 160 acres, but no driving A Parker man charged with the second-degree vehicular murder of his mother will be allowed to access a 160-acre contiguous square residential plot in Franklin County as part of a bond condition. At a state’s motion... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton basketball teams hosted their Midseason Tournament this past week as six teams competed: Pleasanton, Jayhawk, Osawatomie, Oswego, Northeast (Topeka) and Heritage Christian. The Jays started on Jan. 17 against Jayhawk. The girls won their game 47-17 while the... [More]
Prairie View’s boys’ and girls’ basketball teams traveled to Uniontown this past week to compete in the Kenny Holt Memorial Tournament. The tournament featured four teams, Uniontown, Prairie View, Kansas City Christian (KCC) and Altoona Midway. Both the boys’... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com