Linn County News
Published July 3, 2019
Rosalie Rebecca (Priest) Rowe of Iola, Kan., went to be with the Lord on Monday, July 1, 2019. Rosalie departed this world peacefully at home surrounded by her husband and her sons. Rosalie was born in Lawrence, Kan., on Jan. 15, 1935, to Samuel Franklin Priest and Jessie Olive (Edmonds) Priest. Rosalie grew up and attended school in Blue Mound, Kan.
On Jan. 27, 1952, Rosalie married Jerry Rowe in Ozark, Ark.
Rosalie was a stay-at-home mom most of her life. Rosalie and Jerry raised their four boys on a farm between Blue Mound and Mound City, Kan. Rosalie enjoyed camping and was involved for many years in the Kansas Old Time Fiddlers and Pickers, serving as president for two years. Rosalie always said the most important part of her life was living on the farm with her loving husband and raising her four boys.
Rosalie was preceded in death by her parents, Samuel Franklin and Jessie Olive Priest.
Rosalie is survived by her husband, Jerry, of 67 years; her four sons, Ricky Rowe and his wife Lori of Lowery City, Mo., Ken Rowe of Iola, Patrick Rowe and his wife Rhodenia of Iola, and John Rowe and his wife Anita of Mound City; and her eight grandchildren and seven great grandchildren.
Memorial services were scheduled at 11 a.m. Monday, July 8, at Feuerborn Family Funeral Service, 1883 U.S. Highway 54, Iola, with graveside service following at the Blue Mound Cemetery, Blue Mound.
The family was scheduled to greet friends at 10 a.m. Monday, July 8, at Feuerborn Family Funeral Service, Iola.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to the Kappa Alpha Sorority and can be left with Feuerborn Family Funeral Service.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Dawn Marie Steinkohl 05-08-1967 to 06-20-2020
- Chase Edward Augur 05-23-2002 to 07-04-2020
- Jimmie Allan Wier 09-24-1936 to 04-11-2020
- Roy Allen Miller 09-28-1941 to 06-13-2020
- H.E. “Gene” Brownback 11-22-1928 to 06-30-2020
- Helen May Benthusen 01-27-1919 to 06-30-2020
- Velma Eileen Crisler 06-21-1936 to 06-24-2020
- LeRoy Turpen, Sr. 01-17-1945 to 06-23-2020
Let’s continue our series on this week in baseball history. We will look at one historic event per day for the upcoming week in baseball. A full list for historic events in baseball for each day can be found at Nationalpastime.com. First African American MLB players... [More]
Following a presentation earlier in the year by Joey McLiney of McLiney and Co. concerning an attempt to lower the city’s interest rate on their bond debt, Kip Hart, representing the company, told the City Council of Mound City Monday night they’d have to raise sewer... [More]
Drought conditions across the state of Kansas prompted the governor to declare drought emergencies, and in preparation for lack of rain, Public Wholesale Water Supply District No. 13 (PWWSD No. 13) representative Kevin Hancock met with the Mound City Council Monday night and... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
The Miami Express 16A softball team, which comprises multiple girls from Linn County and the surrounding areas, traveled to the Field of Dreams Complex in Basehor Linwood to compete in the MO/KAN USSSA Mega State Championship softball tournament. There were a total of 28 teams... [More]
The Miami Express softball teams took part in the Kansas USSSA State Softball Tournament this past weekend. Both the 14U B-team and the 16U team feature girls from Prairie View and Jayhawk-Linn, and both teams did exceptional at the tournament. The 14U team went 5-2 and placed... [More]
- This week in baseball history: June 24-30
- Several local boys’ baseball players compete on USSSA Rage teams out of Garnett
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament