Linn County News
Published Nov. 11, 2020
Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds, age 92, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Friday Nov. 6, 2020. He was born on Jan. 14, 1928, in Burbank, Calif., the son of Dale and Dorthea Curran Edmonds. He graduated from Blue Mound High School.
T.F. proudly served his country in the Korean War in the United States Army. He was united in marriage to Ida Mae Sarah Moon on July 14, 1956. She preceded him in death on May 15, 1999. He was also preceded in death by his parents; a son, Sam Edmonds; and three sisters, Josephine, Betty and Margaret.
T.F. owned a hardware store and appliance store. He also worked as a farmer, rural letter carrier and truck driver. He was a member of the Blue Mound Federated Church, Masonic Lodge, Scottish Rite, and Mirza Temple. He was in the Shrine Band for twenty years and the Shrine M.G. Club for twenty-five.
T.F. is survived by a son, Roy Edmonds (Corina); a daughter, Shirley Goza (Kirk); eight grandchildren and thirteen great-grandchildren.
Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 13, 2020, at the Blue Mound Federated Church. Burial with Legion Honors in the Sunny Slope Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Masonic and Scottish Rites will be held following visitation at 6:30 p.m. at the Mound City Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to the Mirza Transportation Fund, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, Kan., 66056. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published May 19, 2021 James Franklin "Jim" Newport, age 86, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, May 10, 2021. Graveside service will be held 2 p.m. Friday, May 14, 2021, at the Star Valley Cemetery. Contributions are suggested... [More]
Published in the Linn County News May 5, 2021 Lloyd Eugene McGee, Jr., age 70, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Thursday, March 18, 2021. A graveside memorial service at Fort Scott National Cemetery will be at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.... [More]
Russell Pippin, age 88, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Monday, April 26, 2021. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 1, 2021 at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial will be in the Osawatomie Cemetery.... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
- Adelaide Helen Greene 10-22-1942 to 07-28-2020
Progress of plea negotiations will be considered in Linn County District Court at the next settings for two felony sex-related cases heard May 4 via Zoom videoconference. A plea hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Aug. 17 for Quinten Conor Poole and a no go non-evidentiary... [More]
The Pleasanton Ministerial Alliance has partnered with Harvest House of the city of Severy to provide a food distribution for households in the Pleasanton area on Monday, May 17, on a first-come, first-served basis. “A semi truck bearing more than 900 boxes of food... [More]
Reprinted with the permission WELLSVILLE – A first appearance court hearing had yet to be scheduled today in a battery charge against 5th District State Representative Mark Samsel, a Wellsville Republican, after an incident involving a student that took place... [More]
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
The Pleasanton baseball and softball team traveled to Uniontown on May 6. It was not a good day for both the boys and girls as the baseball team lost their double-header 20-4 and 14-1, and the softball team lost their games 20-10 and 19-7. In the first game for the baseball... [More]
The Jayhawk baseball and softball teams faced league foes Oswego, Crest and Yates Center this past week and a half. They traveled to Oswego on April 26 to face the Indians in a double-header and then hosted Crest on April 29 in a doubleheader. On May 6 they traveled to Yates... [More]
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin