Vernon Roger Davis Jr., age 70, of Mound City, Kan., died Tuesday, March 8, 2016, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. Mass of Christian Burial was Saturday, March 12 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Kansas City, Kan. Entombment was in Mt. Calvary Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to the American Cancer Society.
Mr. Davis was born in Blackwater, Mo., and had lived in the Kansas City area most of his life, moving to Mound City in 2012. He was a self-employed plumber and had also done heating and cooling work for the John Krugh Realty Company.
He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Mound City and St. Patrick’s church.
He is survived by children Ronda Stoker (Mike) of Kansas City, Mo., and Kenneth John Davis (Jessica) Manhattan, Kan.; a sister Betty Gerke of Booneville, Mo.; two brothers Steve Wesselman of Centralia, Mo., and Bob Wesselman of Wagoner, Okla.; and seven grandchildren. He is also survived by the mother of his children Kathleen M. Davis of Mound City, Kan., and his companion Janita Clark of Mound City, Kan. Arrangements: Highland Park Funeral Home. (913) 371-0699.
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming