Linn County News
Published May 22, 2019
William "Bill" Fredrick Gilbert Jr., age 78, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at his Pleasanton home.
Graveside service was Friday, May 17, 2019, at the Pleasanton Cemetery.
Contributions are suggested to the William Gilbert Memorial Fund. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum, Chehalis, Wash., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed March 5, 2023. Memorial service arrangements will be announced at a later date by the Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel. ... [More]
Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Lewis Michael Wilson, age 70, Pleasanton, Kan., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed Sunday March 5, 2022. Memorial service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, March 16, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.... [More]
Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janet Dean Robinson Staton, age 84, Cleveland, Mo., passed away Wednesday, March 8, 2023. Funeral service will be held 1 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton... [More]
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
- Louise Shattuck ~ 11-28-1933 to 03-06-2023
- Larry Ray Thompson ~ 03-30-1949 to 02-28-2023
- Harper Darleane Marie McCowin ~ 11-26-2022 to 02-24-2023
- Maribelle L. “Mary” Wiles ~ 03-27-1943 to 02-21-2023
- James Dean Allen ~ 08-10-1951 to 02-26-2023
- Janet Jolene Reed ~ 04-09-1963 to 02-20-2023
Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
During the tail-end discussion amongst commissioners at Monday’s meeting regarding wage increases, Commissioner Jason Hightower noted a plan presented by County Clerk David Lamb for a $1 per hour across the board raise rather than a percentage based raise, which some county... [More]
County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
Commissioner Danny McCullough opened a discussion on the Pleasanton Senior Meals site during the March 13 meeting with a slideshow of photos he had taken of various issues in the current site. The photos showed a variety of issues that McCullough said he took from the viewpoint... [More]
Parker leaders consider truck route
Parker city leaders may consider a future action to establish a legal truck route within the city. Tim Griffin, past councilman, broached the topic at last Thursday’s monthly council meeting in asking for a follow-up to his truck-route question from the January council... [More]
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
- USD 362 selects new leader
- Preliminary study on landfill completed
- SPECIAL: Republicans hold convention for appointment of county attorney
- Lawsuit resulting from sexual abuse by SRO is settled by county
- Commission endorses museum grant application
- Pleasanton discusses airport taxes, inter-local dispatching agreements
- COVID mRNA shots circulate at least 28 days after injection
Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
The Jayhawk Wrestling Club went to the kid’s State wrestling tournament this past weekend, March 10-12, in Topeka. The team did very well taking seven wrestlers and five placing in the competition. Maggie Earnest, 8U Girls 70, placed second and scored 20 team points.... [More]
Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
The Linn County Twisters wrestling team took 13 wrestlers to the kid’s State wrestling tournament in Topeka March 10-12. The Twisters had five of their 13 wrestlers place in the tournament. Taryn Mills, HS Girls 130, was eliminated after two matches in the tournament.... [More]
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
- SPECIAL: WE HAVE PHOTOS!
- Jayhawk wrestling wins TRL dual tournament
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com