On November 01, 2022, at 11:35pm a call was received at the Linn County Sheriff’s 911 Center. The caller stated that they were southbound on US 69 near Pleasanton, Kansas, and a subject in a vehicle near them began shooting at their vehicle. The shots fired struck the vehicle the caller was in, disabling the vehicle which was occupied by several persons.
The suspected shooter was in a vehicle occupied by two persons. The suspected shooter exited the vehicle and ran into Pleasanton on foot. Linn County Sheriff’s Deputies and Pleasanton PD were dispatched to the scene. Law Enforcement began to search for the suspect as occupants of both vehicles were interviewed. Due to the nature of the call multiple Sheriff’s Deputies were called out to assist in the search.
On November 02, 2022, at 1:24am the suspected shooter was located near Dollar General in Pleasanton and taken into custody without incident. The suspected shooters gun was recovered.
The suspect was transported to the Linn County Jail where he is awaiting formal charges. The driver of the vehicle the suspected shooter was in was arrested as well and is awaiting formal charges.
All suspects are presumed innocent until adjudicated in a court of law.
Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
During the tail-end discussion amongst commissioners at Monday’s meeting regarding wage increases, Commissioner Jason Hightower noted a plan presented by County Clerk David Lamb for a $1 per hour across the board raise rather than a percentage based raise, which some county... [More]
County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
Commissioner Danny McCullough opened a discussion on the Pleasanton Senior Meals site during the March 13 meeting with a slideshow of photos he had taken of various issues in the current site. The photos showed a variety of issues that McCullough said he took from the viewpoint... [More]
Parker leaders consider truck route
Parker city leaders may consider a future action to establish a legal truck route within the city. Tim Griffin, past councilman, broached the topic at last Thursday’s monthly council meeting in asking for a follow-up to his truck-route question from the January council... [More]
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
- USD 362 selects new leader
- Preliminary study on landfill completed
- SPECIAL: Republicans hold convention for appointment of county attorney
- Lawsuit resulting from sexual abuse by SRO is settled by county
- Commission endorses museum grant application
- Pleasanton discusses airport taxes, inter-local dispatching agreements
- COVID mRNA shots circulate at least 28 days after injection
Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
The Jayhawk Wrestling Club went to the kid’s State wrestling tournament this past weekend, March 10-12, in Topeka. The team did very well taking seven wrestlers and five placing in the competition. Maggie Earnest, 8U Girls 70, placed second and scored 20 team points.... [More]
Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
The Linn County Twisters wrestling team took 13 wrestlers to the kid’s State wrestling tournament in Topeka March 10-12. The Twisters had five of their 13 wrestlers place in the tournament. Taryn Mills, HS Girls 130, was eliminated after two matches in the tournament.... [More]
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
- SPECIAL: WE HAVE PHOTOS!
- Jayhawk wrestling wins TRL dual tournament
Maynerd’s opens in Mound City
On Saturday, March 11, Raymond and Melayna Johnson, Mound City, opened their newest business venture, Maynerd’s, a food truck that will be located in the open area next door to their antique-flea market shop, 517 Vintage, on the south side of Main Street, that location... [More]
New Life Being Brought to Historical Park
Over the past few months, those traveling down Main Street in Mound City may have noticed new activity at the Mound City Historical Park. Last summer, the historical society was revived, and new efforts implemented in restoring all of the existing structures of the park. Work... [More]
Pleasanton students compete in Kansas Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge
The USD 344 school board was invited to attend a Kansas Entrepreneurship Challenge (KEC) Tuesday in Pleasanton at the Community Center. High School Principal Sarah Conley said the venture is sponsored by the Linn County Economic Development Board and others and explained the... [More]
- The Gym set to open March 4 in Pleasanton
- Adventure Packs from Audubon Society coming to Linn County libraries
- Rural Parker boy uses birthday to aid shelter dogs
- PVHS students to assist on honor flight
- Cookees Drive-In sports new look
- Seven Bridges Microgreens and virtual range opens in Pleasanton
- 115 year old steam engine tractor moved from Trading Post Museum
- Food dyes and behavior, part 3 - Looking beyond at what we can change