Linn County News
Published Dec. 14, 2022
Amelia SueAnn Cox passed away on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022, after battling AMKL (Acute MegaKaryoblastic Leukemia). She was born on April 7, 2019, in Overland Park, Kan., the daughter of Kyle and Chelsie Cox.
Words cannot express what a wonderful child Millie was, how many people she touched in a positive way, and that her life was not defined by AMKL. Millie was someone who made everyone feel like someone. She had a mad, mean mug, with the silliest laugh ever. Even though she was sick, she was so happy. She loved in a big way, and when she loved you, she let you know it. She and her sister Ayverie were the best of friends. The two did everything together. Ayverie could make her sister laugh like no one else.
Amelia found peace and joy in listening to music. She took pleasure in the “little things” of life: working on her Daddy’s Bronco and riding in it to get ice cream, Christmas lights, motorcycles, peanut butter, being outdoors, water, balloons, bubbles, jumping on the trampoline, and her eight year old English Bulldog, Maxy Boy. Millie had a love for shoes. The staff at Children’s Mercy knew this for sure as Millie would take numerous pairs of shoes to the hospital with her when going for treatments. She would also always be sure to tell everyone “I like your shoes!” Her favorite food was a McDonald’s Happy Meal with chicken nuggets, sweet and sour sauce, fries, blue milk and of course the toy. She was the funniest, sassiest, bossy and caring little girl. She was a light to all who knew her. Besides Ayverie, she had a special relationship with all her grandparents, and was always most comfortable when Mom was around especially during a little snuggle time.
Millie is survived by her Mom and Dad, Chelsie and Kyle; sister Ayverie; great maternal grandmother, Pat Irvin; great maternal grandparents, Kevin and Debby Cuthbertson; maternal grandparents Stacie and Jeremy Nash (MoMo and Pop Pop Jeremy); maternal grandparents, Earl Irvin and Carla Helms (Papa Gearl and Grandma Keek); paternal grandparents, Allen and Tammie Cox (Pop Pop Allen, and MeMaw); aunts and uncles, Nathan Bechtelheimer, Levi Cox, Rachelle (Trey) Caraway, Ashlie (Justin) Browning, Kristyn Rogers, Nikki (Matt) Helms, and Erin (Joe) Smith; cousins, Randall Wayne Caraway, Austin Caraway, Kadence Rogers, Spencer Rogers, Dodge Browning, Brayden Browning, Kennasyn Bechtelheimer, Marshall Smith and Thomas Smith.
A Celebration of Life will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022, at the First Baptist Church of Parker. A reception will follow at 12 p.m. in the La Cygne Community Building. Contributions are suggested to Kyle and Chelsie Cox. The funds collected will be used at Children’s Mercy Hospital. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum, Chehalis, Wash., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed March 5, 2023. Memorial service arrangements will be announced at a later date by the Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel. ... [More]
Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Lewis Michael Wilson, age 70, Pleasanton, Kan., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed Sunday March 5, 2022. Memorial service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, March 16, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.... [More]
Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janet Dean Robinson Staton, age 84, Cleveland, Mo., passed away Wednesday, March 8, 2023. Funeral service will be held 1 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton... [More]
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
- Louise Shattuck ~ 11-28-1933 to 03-06-2023
- Larry Ray Thompson ~ 03-30-1949 to 02-28-2023
- Harper Darleane Marie McCowin ~ 11-26-2022 to 02-24-2023
- Maribelle L. “Mary” Wiles ~ 03-27-1943 to 02-21-2023
- James Dean Allen ~ 08-10-1951 to 02-26-2023
- Janet Jolene Reed ~ 04-09-1963 to 02-20-2023
Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
During the tail-end discussion amongst commissioners at Monday’s meeting regarding wage increases, Commissioner Jason Hightower noted a plan presented by County Clerk David Lamb for a $1 per hour across the board raise rather than a percentage based raise, which some county... [More]
County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
Commissioner Danny McCullough opened a discussion on the Pleasanton Senior Meals site during the March 13 meeting with a slideshow of photos he had taken of various issues in the current site. The photos showed a variety of issues that McCullough said he took from the viewpoint... [More]
Parker leaders consider truck route
Parker city leaders may consider a future action to establish a legal truck route within the city. Tim Griffin, past councilman, broached the topic at last Thursday’s monthly council meeting in asking for a follow-up to his truck-route question from the January council... [More]
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
- USD 362 selects new leader
- Preliminary study on landfill completed
- SPECIAL: Republicans hold convention for appointment of county attorney
- Lawsuit resulting from sexual abuse by SRO is settled by county
- Commission endorses museum grant application
- Pleasanton discusses airport taxes, inter-local dispatching agreements
- COVID mRNA shots circulate at least 28 days after injection
Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
The Jayhawk Wrestling Club went to the kid’s State wrestling tournament this past weekend, March 10-12, in Topeka. The team did very well taking seven wrestlers and five placing in the competition. Maggie Earnest, 8U Girls 70, placed second and scored 20 team points.... [More]
Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
The Linn County Twisters wrestling team took 13 wrestlers to the kid’s State wrestling tournament in Topeka March 10-12. The Twisters had five of their 13 wrestlers place in the tournament. Taryn Mills, HS Girls 130, was eliminated after two matches in the tournament.... [More]
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
- SPECIAL: WE HAVE PHOTOS!
- Jayhawk wrestling wins TRL dual tournament
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com