Beatrice Marie (West) Foster, age 92, passed away on Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. Bea, as everyone called her, was born April 28, 1922, at Farlinville, Kan., to Howard and Beulah (Holt) West. Bea graduated from Mound City High School in 1940 and moved to Kansas City shortly after graduation to take employment.
On Aug. 12, 1944, she was united in marriage to Clyde Foster. This union was blessed with two daughters, Beverly and Barbara.
Bea worked for Sunshine Biscuit Co. all her life, retiring Jan. 1, 1985. After 1985, she had a part-time employment at Macy’s-Jones Store in Independence Center.
Bea was a member of the 50-year-plus chapter of the East Gate Chapter #367, Independence, Mo., Order of the Eastern Star. She was also a member of the United Methodist Church in Mound City.
Bea enjoyed shopping, flowers, bird watching and bingo.
Bea was preceded in death by her parents, Howard and Beulah West; her husband, Clyde Foster; a brother, Beryle West; a sister, Alma West Cosens; and a grandson, Kevin Allen Winkler.
Bea is survived by her two daughters, Beverly Fogliani of Independence, and Barbara Hays and husband John of Camdenton, Mo.; four grandsons, Mike Fogliani and wife Kim, Keith Fogliani and wife Pam, Jeffery Winkler, and Craig Winkler and wife Paula; one granddaughter, Tania and husband Mike Williams; 11 great grandchildren, Alyssa Fogliani, Anthony, Alex and Ace Fogliani, Ethan Williams, Riley Williams and Sydney Williams, Hannah and Madison Winkler, Kayla Winkler and Trevor Winkler; four great-great-granddaughters, Cara Beckner, Kassie Winkler, Amaya Winkler and Eva Winkler; one brother, Harold West and wife Pat of Mound City; two sisters, Mary Sue Gentrey and husband John of Maurepas, La., and Wanda Dunsworth of Mound City.
Funeral services will be Thursday, Aug. 14, at 10 a.m. at the Schneider Funeral Home Chapel in Mound City. Visitation will take place from 9 a.m. Thursday until the funeral hour. Burial in Woodland Cemetery will follow the service.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Mound City United Methodist Church or Southern Care Hospice, Pittsburg, Kan., in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Friends and family may leave online condolences at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Oct. 27, 2021 Sammy Lee Meyer, affectionately known as "Snuffy", age 67, Mound City, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021. He was born on April 9, 1954, in Paola, Kan., the son of Richard Arnold and Marie June Lockhart... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 27, 2021 William Clark “Gable” McKay of Harrisonville Mo., formerly of Plattsburg, Mo., passed away Tuesday Oct. 19, 2021. He was born on July 26, 1939, and was raised by John and Nola Williams at Mound City,... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 20, 2021 Michael Allen Bishop, age 74 of Grove, Okla., formerly of Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021. He was born the son of Jacob T. and Erma O. Giffin Bishop on Jan. 29, 1947, at Blue Mound, Kan. Mike... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Bond revoked, remanded to custody Daniel Brenneman appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Senior Judge Gunnar Sundby on Monday, Oct. 18, to contest the results of a competency evaluation for Case LN-2020-CR-218, and for a hearing on the revocation of his bond due... [More]
Following news that the former Cox Motor Co. building was going to become the home of the new trade school, the Pleasanton City Council signed an agreement to sell real estate Monday evening at their regular meeting. City Attorney Burton Harding told the council that the city... [More]
City share of federal ARPA funds could help with fiber optics Parker leaders discussed a proposal by Peoples Telecommunications LLC, La Cygne, to bring broadband internet to the city. At the monthly council meeting last Thursday, Cherry Buckley, city clerk, informed... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton volleyball team finished their regular season this past week with games on Oct. 12, Oct. 14 and Oct. 16. On Oct. 12 the Lady Jays faced league foes Chetopa and Marmaton Valley at Chetopa. Pleasanton defeated Chetopa in two sets, 25-22 and 25-22, but lost to Marmaton... [More]
This Prairie View football season has been marked by injury attrition to projected starters among its 19 rostered seniors. Kyle Waterman has missed the entire season with a summer-scrimmage leg injury, and Micah Eastwood’s campaign is now finished because of a collarbone.... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com