Linn County News
Published Sept. 23, 2020
Bonnie Jean Millard-Studdard, age 84, of Louisburg, Kan., departed this life on Sept. 19, 2020, at Olathe Hospice House in Olathe, Kan. Bonnie was born Nov. 11, 1935, at Worland, Mo., the daughter of Harvey and Montie Millard. In August 1936, the family moved to a farm southeast of Pleasanton, Kan. They lived there the next seven years, where she attended first and second grades at Fairview School. In November 1943 the family moved to another farm east of Pleasanton. She then attended Eureka School. Both were one-room schools. While in the seventh grade the family moved back to Worland, where she graduated from the eighth grade. She enjoyed riding the school bus to Hume, Mo., for her freshman year. Thus, she ended her education. She loved school and always wanted to be a teacher. She began to learn to care for babies at the age of 10, when her youngest brother was born. She loved children and cared for many besides her own.
She married Austin Studdard on Aug. 23, 1952, at Butler, Mo. To this union eight children were born. She attended Assembly of God churches. Bonnie taught Sunday school and children’s church for many years. She also sang solo in church. Her favorite hymn was “Follow Me.” She truly loved music. Bonnie’s favorite pastime was reading stories about people that did or could have happened. She also liked to travel the United States and had been to 27 states. Bonnie worked at the Blair House restaurant in Louisburg for 13 years and ran the Louisburg Laundromat for 10 years before retiring in 1999.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; one daughter, Bonnie Kay Wilkins; two grandsons, Roy Brown and Jered Corben; three sisters, LaBerta Johnson, Mary Wurtz and Eva Gail Burch; and two brothers, James Millard and George Millard.
Bonnie is survived by three daughters, Betty Leach, Beverly Baldwin of Canon City, Colo., and Joyce Studdard of Ottawa, Kan.; four sons, David Studdard of Batesville, Ark., Steven Studdard of Paola, Kan., Clifford Studdard of Louisburg and Kenneth Studdard of Louisburg; 11 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren; one sister, Delma Brooks of San Diego, Calif.; one brother, Delbert Millard of St. Paul, Kan.; and a host of nieces and nephews.
Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the Chapel. Burial will follow at the Woodfin Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to Bonnie Studdard Memorial or Pleasanton Assembly of God Church. These may be sent in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, Kan. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum, Chehalis, Wash., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed March 5, 2023. Memorial service arrangements will be announced at a later date by the Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel. ... [More]
Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Lewis Michael Wilson, age 70, Pleasanton, Kan., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed Sunday March 5, 2022. Memorial service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, March 16, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.... [More]
Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janet Dean Robinson Staton, age 84, Cleveland, Mo., passed away Wednesday, March 8, 2023. Funeral service will be held 1 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton... [More]
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
- Louise Shattuck ~ 11-28-1933 to 03-06-2023
- Larry Ray Thompson ~ 03-30-1949 to 02-28-2023
- Harper Darleane Marie McCowin ~ 11-26-2022 to 02-24-2023
- Maribelle L. “Mary” Wiles ~ 03-27-1943 to 02-21-2023
- James Dean Allen ~ 08-10-1951 to 02-26-2023
- Janet Jolene Reed ~ 04-09-1963 to 02-20-2023
Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
During the tail-end discussion amongst commissioners at Monday’s meeting regarding wage increases, Commissioner Jason Hightower noted a plan presented by County Clerk David Lamb for a $1 per hour across the board raise rather than a percentage based raise, which some county... [More]
County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
Commissioner Danny McCullough opened a discussion on the Pleasanton Senior Meals site during the March 13 meeting with a slideshow of photos he had taken of various issues in the current site. The photos showed a variety of issues that McCullough said he took from the viewpoint... [More]
Parker leaders consider truck route
Parker city leaders may consider a future action to establish a legal truck route within the city. Tim Griffin, past councilman, broached the topic at last Thursday’s monthly council meeting in asking for a follow-up to his truck-route question from the January council... [More]
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
- USD 362 selects new leader
- Preliminary study on landfill completed
- SPECIAL: Republicans hold convention for appointment of county attorney
- Lawsuit resulting from sexual abuse by SRO is settled by county
- Commission endorses museum grant application
- Pleasanton discusses airport taxes, inter-local dispatching agreements
- COVID mRNA shots circulate at least 28 days after injection
Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
The Jayhawk Wrestling Club went to the kid’s State wrestling tournament this past weekend, March 10-12, in Topeka. The team did very well taking seven wrestlers and five placing in the competition. Maggie Earnest, 8U Girls 70, placed second and scored 20 team points.... [More]
Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
The Linn County Twisters wrestling team took 13 wrestlers to the kid’s State wrestling tournament in Topeka March 10-12. The Twisters had five of their 13 wrestlers place in the tournament. Taryn Mills, HS Girls 130, was eliminated after two matches in the tournament.... [More]
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
- SPECIAL: WE HAVE PHOTOS!
- Jayhawk wrestling wins TRL dual tournament
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com