Cecil Ray Taylor
12-14-1936 to 02-04-2020
Linn County News
Published Feb. 12, 2020
Cecil Ray Taylor, 83, died peacefully on
Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2020, at Olathe Medical Center, Olathe, Kan. Ray was born on Dec. 14, 1936, in Keytesville, Mo., to Cecil Earl Taylor and Minnie Grace Gotterman Taylor. He was one of six children. He attended Keytesville High School.
Ray married Virginia Evelyn Martin on Dec. 18, 1955. They recently celebrated 64 years of marriage.
Early in Ray’s vocational career he worked at a clay pigeon factory in Kansas City. Later he drove a propane delivery truck. He finished his career with two decades at Chemtech Chemical as a truck driver and warehouse inventory specialist.
Ray and Virginia welcomed three children into their home. His children remember him as a good and faithful man – faithful to his family, to Virginia, to the Lord, to his church. He possessed a quiet strength that drew admiration and respect from all who knew him. Ray was as genuine and authentic a man as you would ever want to meet. Ray enjoyed watching the Chiefs and the Royals. Hunting and fishing were also a source of great enjoyment.
Ray was preceded in death by his parents and brothers and sisters.
Ray is survived by his wife, Virginia, of the home; son David and wife Linda Taylor; daughter Terry and husband Joe Perkins; and daughter Cathy and husband Bob Kidder. Ray is also survived by his nine grandchildren, Laura, Sarah, Rachell, Nikki, Bryan, Melissa, Christina, Adam and Taylor; and 13 great grandchildren.
Funeral service was Saturday, Feb. 8, at Lifebridge Baptist Church, Kansas City, Mo. A graveside service was Saturday afternoon at White Chapel Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Lifebridge Baptist Church, 3710 N. Holmes Road, Kansas City, Mo.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Gerald Russell “Jerry” Miller 02-15-1938 to 03-29-2020
- Lyle L. Potts 12-17-1940 to 03-20-2020
- Agnes E. Shryer 03-04-1958 to 03-22-2020
- Charles Edward Pollard 11-15-1954 to 03-17-2020
- Paul Travis Jackson 07-09-1939 to 03-22-2020
- Nellie Louise Stratton 06-15-1926 to 03-18-2020
- Susan Renee Parks 11-05-1974 to 03-17-2020
- Nellie Louise Stratton 06-15-1926 to 03-18-2020
SPECIAL: Governor Kelly issues Executive Order to help meet surging demand for unemployment benefits for workers affected by COVID-19
Executive Order 20-17 will draw down millions in federal stimulus dollars to cope with record demand Today Governor Laura Kelly signed Executive Order 20-17 to ensure Kansas can draw down millions in federal dollars under the federal CARES Act. The federal... [More]
TOPEKA – People who attended the Kansas East Jurisdiction’s 2020 Ministers and Workers Conference at the Miracle Temple Church of God in Christ located at 2106 Quindaro Blvd, Kansas City, KS, 66104 from March 16-22, may have been exposed to the novel... [More]
TOPEKA, KS - Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the DNC has approved the following changes to the Kansas Democratic Party’s 2020 Primary Election schedule to ensure a safe and fair electoral process. To best protect the safety of all Kansas Democrats... [More]
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
KSHSAA has officially cancelled all spring sports and all activities for the remainder of the school year. Here is the statement from the KSHSAA website. “The KSHSAA is committed to the safety of our student-participants and the health of our... [More]
rn UPDATE – Wednesday, March 18, 2020 rn The USA Clay Target League thanks all of our athletes, parents, coaches, and sponsors for their patience and understanding in this unprecedented time. rn The League is announcing a Modified 2020 Spring Season that... [More]
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season