Linn County News
Published Aug. 8, 2018
Christopher John Allen, age 48, of Jasper, Ind., passed away at 10:25 a.m. on Wednesday, July 25, 2018, at home. Chris was born in Eureka, Kan., on Feb. 19, 1970, to J.L. and Sadie (Howard) Allen.
He married Melissa Bass on May 24, 1997, at the First Christian Church in Pittsburg, Kan.
He received a B.S. degree in wood technology from Pittsburg State University in Kansas.
He was the owner and operator of Creative Storage in Ireland, Ind.
Chris was an active member of Redemption Christian Church in Jasper, where he served on their security team. He previously served as a Cub Scout Leader for Pack 130 and a Boy Scout Leader for Troop 185 in Jasper, and also served as a facilitator for Financial Peace University.
He enjoyed scuba diving and flying Ultralight planes, was an accomplished woodworker and a car fanatic, and Halloween was his favorite holiday. He was a stay at home dad for 12 years and was devoted to his family.
Surviving are his wife Melissa Allen of Jasper; one daughter, Chloe Allen, and one son, Kyle Allen, both at home; his father and stepmother, J.L. and Shirley Allen, Pleasanton; two sisters, Nicole Murphy (Steven), Lee’s Summit, Mo., and Megan Brixey (Chris), Lee’s Summit; and one brother, Jay Allen (Tana), Pleasanton.
Preceding him in death was his mother, Sadie Allen.
Rev. Chuck Russell conducted a Celebration of Life on Tuesday, Aug. 7, at the Cheney Witt Chapel. Burial followed in the Evergreen Cemetery.
Memorials are suggested to the Redemption Christian Church and may be left in care of the Cheney Witt Chapel, PO Box 347, 201 S. Main, Ft. Scott, KS 66701. Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online guestbook at cheneywitt.com.
Linn County News Published Oct. 11, 2023 Victor Gene, "Vic" Clark, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away Monday, Oct. 2, 2023. Graveside service will be 10 am Friday, Oct. 6, 2023, at the Woodland Cemetery in Mound City, Kan. Memorial contributions are suggested... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 4, 2023 Vanetta Carol (Hardy) Sabine passed away peacefully at Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Mo., at 5:42 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023. She was born June 27, 1944, in Garnett, Kan., to William Orland and Ella Bernice “Margaret”... [More]
Linn County News Published September 20, 2023 Daniel Glen Needham took the long way home on Sept. 6, 2023, after fighting a long battle against cancer. We are sure he had to stop along the way and check out all the new fishing holes and visit with everyone he met... [More]
- Phyllis Irene Best ~ 04-24-1948 to 09-14-2023
- Jean Frances Patterson ~ 06-27-1937 to 09-11-2023
- Roland Jerome “Jerry” Rowe ~ 01-18-1928 to 09-12-2023
- Cammie Lee Hines ~ 06-19-1962 to 09-03-2023
- Helen Yvonne Bruce ~ 08-16-1930 to 09-07-2023
- Delbert Alan Cannon ~ 01-28-1958 to 09-09-2023
- Wayne Barber Ellis ~ 06-20-1944 to 09-07-2023
- Mary Dolores Warta ~ 02-03-1929 to 09-08-2023
Information was recently disseminated via Facebook concerning potential ground leases that may come before the Linn County Planning and Zoning Commission; the information was part of an online petition to try to stop solar fields. With that, solar companies answered several questions... [More]
Letter from KDWP discussed during meeting During the public comment segment of the commissioner’s weekly meeting on Monday, several people in the audience again spoke regarding the current zoning regulations for commercial solar farms. Public comment... [More]
Move solves one of three financial issues Monday night’s Unified School District 362 approval at a special meeting of the sale of a vocational-education construction house in La Cygne has solved what appeared to be an impending financial concern. However, two... [More]
- La Cygne passes past-debated action items
- Commercial solar panels top Planning and Zoning Commission meeting
- Commissioners put attorney on retainer for solar matters
- Parker to use ARPA funds for cam installment
- Boil Water Advisory Issued for City of Pleasanton, Linn County
- County to seek Queens Road sloughing solutions
- Desludging award headlines La Cygne actions
- Armed suicidal subject, shots fired
The Prairie View football team hosted Burlington on Sept. 22 for their Homecoming game. Homecoming is so much better with a win and the Buffalos provided that as they fought their way to a 44-19 victory. One of the things that won this game for the Buffalos were big runs by... [More]
The Pleasanton cross country team traveled to Prairie View to compete in the Humboldt Invitational on Sept. 19 and then the Ramsey Invitational at Prairie View on Sept. 21. Both junior high and high school runners competed for the Jays at the Humboldt Invitational. Kei-Mahni... [More]
- Jayhawk Linn routs Uniontown in home opener
- Pleasanton volleyball has a busy week
- Prairie View cross country performs well at Wellsville
- Pleasanton football routs Northeast Arma
- Big Buffalo rally falls just short
- Jayhawk football dominates first two games
- Jays survive typical first game hiccups
- Prairie View football falls to Parsons to open the season
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org