Christopher William Otto
10-22-1980 to 07-11-2019
Linn County News
Published July 17, 2019
Christopher William Otto, age 38, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday, July 11, 2019, near Rawlins, Wyo., as the result of an auto accident. He was born in Fort Scott, Kan., on Oct. 22, 1980, the son of Kenneth and Linda Harlow Otto.
He graduated from Jayhawk-Linn High School in the Class of 1999. He attended Pittsburg State University and later received an Associate’s Degree from Kaw Valley Technical School in Topeka, Kan.
He married Melody McKnight-Gray on Jan. 10, 2009, in Uniontown, Kan.
Most of his working career was spent in landscape management. He worked the last 16 years as an equipment operator for C.S. Carey. He also enjoyed taking care of the cows on the ranch.
Chris loved his family. He was very involved in activities they participated in. He liked to talk Chiefs, Royals and golf with his dad, and staying in touch with friends.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandmother, Ruth Harlow; and his paternal grandmother, Faye Otto.
Chris is survived by his wife, Melody; two sons, Brandon and Trenton Gray; two daughters, Addison and London Otto; father Kenneth Otto and wife Diana; mother Linda Thornton and husband Jerry; a sister, Rachel Benbrook and husband Denym; paternal grandfather Carl Otto; maternal grandfather Frank Harlow; three stepbrothers, Jeff Harlow, Keith Harlow and wife Melissa, and Kyle Harlow; and stepsisters Jayne Ann Conklin and husband Jack, and Dianna Butler; three nieces, Peyton Benbrook, Sawyer Faye Benbrook and Harper McKnight; and one nephew, Hayden McKnight.
Funeral service was scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at the Mound City First Baptist Church with burial in the Curry Cemetery.
Contributions are suggested to the Chris Otto Children's Fund, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com
Linn County News Published July 6, 2022 Leslie (Les) Eugene Krull, 85, of Berryton, died Wednesday, June 29, 2022, at Prairie Winds Senior Living, in Berryton, Kan. He was born June 9, 1937, to Eugene and Roberta “Pauline” (Townsley) Krull at home in Mound City,... [More]
Linn County News Published July 6, 2022 Patrick Wayne Marmon, age 79, Paola, Kan., passed away Wednesday, June 8, 2022. He was born in La Cygne, Kan., on Aug. 26, 1942, the son of Harry and Mamie Wilderson Marmon. He graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the... [More]
Linn County News Published June 29, 2022 Ruth E. Robinson, 100, of Ottawa, formerly of Blue Mound, went to be with the Lord on Saturday, June 25, 2022. Ruth was born on Jan. 17, 1922, to Oscar and Lula (Wray) Dodson at Blanchard, Ok. When she was very young her family moved... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The City of Mound City is holding a grand opening for the new Splash Park this Saturday, July 9. The Splash Park is located just north of the sports complex on Nickell Road and offers kids of all ages a place to cool off and have some fun. There will be food, Dippin’... [More]
The community of La Cygne will hold their Swanfest and Blast in the Park celebration on Saturday July 9, from 6-9 p.m. in the City Park on south end of town. The event will feature food trucks, craft vendors, a cake walk hosted by the Park Board, along with kids’ activities... [More]
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The MFA Oil Foundation has awarded a grant to the Friends of the Library District 2 of Linn County – La Cygne to assist with purchasing reusable lunch containers. The MFA Oil Foundation provides support to nonprofit organizations that are working to... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The weather is hot right now but find a spot with some good shade or a nice breeze, and the fishing can be, too. Here are some of the recent fishing reports from KDWP in Linn County. All the reports were last updated on June 27. La Cygne Lake Fishing at La Cygne Lake looks... [More]
Jayhawk has new classification change for 2022 football BY ADAM HOLT LINN COUNTY NEWS email@example.com High school football season will be here soon and as for one of Linn County’s high school football teams there will be a change to classification. Jayhawk-Linn... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org