Cleo Roselle Correll, 65, of Centerville, Kan., died at 7:55 p.m. Sunday, June 28, 2015, at the Arma Health and Rehabilitation in Arma, Kan. Mrs. Correll was born Aug. 16, 1949, at Girard, Kan., the daughter of Augustine and Cleo Gilbert Mengarelli.
Roselle was a school teacher and homemaker who had been a resident of Centerville since 1999. She was raised in Girard and graduated from Girard High School in 1967. She later attended Ft. Scott Community College and Pittsburg State University and received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education. She taught at the Navaho reservation in Arizona and the University of Utah. She was a para-professional at Prairie View School District in Linn County and served on the after-school program.
She married Dwight Correll Nov. 3, 1981 at Salt Lake City, Utah. Mr. Correll survives at the home. She was a member the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints in Pittsburg.
Survivors include her husband, Dwight of the home; two sons, Nathan (Kimberly) Correll of Houston, Texas and Bryce (Kristen) Correll of Oklahoma City, Okla.; two daughters, Ashli (Quinten) Webber of Westphalia, Kan., and Trista (Nicholas) Bieberle of Iola, Kan.; three sisters, Barbara Babcock of Arma, Beverly Vogel of Topeka, and Rachelle Mengarelli of Arma; two brothers, Gene Mengarelli of Prescott and Jimmie Mengarelli of Girard; and seven grandchildren, Molly and Eleanor Correll, Trowit, Brya, and Rayne Webber, Chloe Correll, and Jax Bieberle.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, July 3, 2015, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1507 S. Rouse, Pittsburg, Kan., with President Andrew Dokos officiating. Burial will be at the Union Cemetery in rural Girard, Kan. Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Bedene Funeral Home at Arma, Kan. The family suggests in lieu of flowers memorials be made to the Roselle Correll Memorial Fund. Donations may be sent to or left at the Bedene Funeral Home, 517 E. Washington, Box 621, Arma, KS 66712.
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Merle A. Beckman, age 86, Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022. He was born in rural La Cygne, Kan., on Oct. 5, 1935, the son of Charles and Neeva (Neal) Beckman. He graduated from La Cygne Rural High School... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Mary Jo Spencer, age 83, of Mound City, Kan., passed away on Aug. 6, 2022, at Louisburg Healthcare, Louisburg, Kan. She was born Nov. 13, 1938, in Terrell, Texas, to James Downing and Claudie Flower. Mary Jo moved to Lubbock, Texas,... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Larry Sumners, age 68, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Monday, Aug. 1, 2022, at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Laurence A. Sumners was born on Aug. 16, 1953, at McPherson,... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
What was a dream a year ago has come to fruition with a ribbon cutting and open house scheduled for Friday, Aug. 12 at 10 a.m. The Southeastern Technical Academy for Rural Students (STARS) is now a reality located in the former Cox Motor Company building at Laurel and 17th Streets... [More]
With the ribbon cutting and open house of the new STARS Technical Academy in Pleasanton slated for Friday, Aug. 12, the staff and instructors at the school opened up recently about their roles and what the program means to them. Phil Mitchell, who will be teaching Construction... [More]
After sending the Linn County Commissioners an email explaining county real estate compliance with state values, the commissioners visited with Linn County Appraiser Kathy Bridges Monday. After initial conversation on the 2021 final ratio study concerning commercial and residential... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Linn County Fair and Rodeo started this past week with the traditional demolition derby. There were two nights of demo derby action as team derby, modified and figure eight races took place on Aug. 5 while the compact, semi-modified and bone stock took place on the evening... [More]
Linn County has a new competitive softball team, Total Effect Softball, which will be based out of Mound City. Jayhawk-Linn head softball coach Kris Holt started the team and will be the head coach of Total Effect. Holt had multiple reasons on why he wanted to start a competitive... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com