Linn County News
Published March 28, 2018
Della F. Wade, aged 91, died peacefully on March 23, 2018, at her home in La Cygne, Kan. Della was born July 22, 1926, in Independence, Mo., the daughter of Edward L. Cohee and Juley A. (Cox) Cohee.
Della graduated from La Cygne High School in the Class of 1944.
She married Roy Wade on July 22, 1946.
Della was preceded in death by her parents; and siblings, half sister Helen Ginsburg, Betty Cohee, Edith Ross and Roberta Johnson, and her brother Bernard Cohee.
Della is survived by her husband Roy M. Wade; her three sons and daughters-in-law, Dennis and Brenda Wade, Darrell and Carrie Wade, and Roger and Jodi Wade; her grandchildren, Carla (Wade) and Artie Snow, Denise (Wade) and Jeff Konitzer, Roy Ray and Heidi Wade, Haley (Wade) and Nathan Eck, Heather (Wade) and Jimmy Holzman, David Wade and Harley Wade; her great grandchildren, Lacy (Snow) and Dalton Stockton, Tanner Snow, Kaleb, Kallie, Kooper and Kelsie Konitzer, Bowen, Jude, Josie and Ren Wade, Alaina and Hayden Eck, and Aharon and Rebecca Holzman.
In addition to raising her own children, Della was a surrogate mother to several in this community.
She had always been actively involved in sports, community activities and events. Della brought spirit and laughter to every conversation. When she meant business, she was always forthright with her opinion and advice; she would never “beat around the bush.” Della loved her country music and knew how to dance to any beat!
Della lived for her family and was strong in her faith. She reached out to others, prayed for them and offered guidance. Della was very proud of her country and honored the red, white and blue – she was a soldier who knew how to survive through anything life offered. She will be a true guardian angel in heaven.
Funeral service will be held 5:30 p.m. Friday March 30, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Visitation will be held 4 p.m. to service time at the chapel. Private family burial will be held at Riverview Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions to Asana Hospice. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.scheniderfunerals.com
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Anna Mae Carrel, 98, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Anna was born Nov. 4, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., to Fred M. and Mary C. (Hollister) Smith. She was united in... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
NOTICE: There will be a blood drive at the Catholic Hall in Mound City from 1 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13
In a sentencing hearing set for Friday, Dec. 2, Robert Woody III appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Judge Andrea Purvis, but instead of sentencing being handed down, the defense requested a continuance. Defense counsel Craig Cole noted his client had just brought... [More]
Discussions at Monday’s Linn County Commissioner’s meeting turned to the landfill issue and the fact that, as it currently sits, the landfill is only a year and half out from closing. During Monday’s discussions, Linn County Public Works Administrator Shaun... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View wrestling team traveled to Pleasant Hill on Dec. 2 and 3 to compete in the Steve Leslie Invitational. The boys’ team had three wrestlers place in the top four while the girls’ team had two wrestlers place in the top four. Kimmy Eastwood wrestled... [More]
Pleasanton basketball teams began their season Friday with a split varsity decision at Prairie Village-Kansas City Christian (KCC), the girls winning 39-19 while the boys took a 60-31 loss. Both teams now have two games upcoming at this week’s early-season round-robin... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com