Donald R. (Don) Snow, 61 of Pleasanton, Kan., died at his home on Aug. 22, 2016, after a lengthy battle with lung disease. He was born March 3, 1955, in Fort Scott, Kan., to Robert L. and Dorothy Springer Snow.
He married Karen Wilcox on March 28, 1980 and they were the proud parents to two sons, Joshua and Kane. He was member of the RLDS Church. He started working for Linn County in 1985 and worked there for 27 years, he also worked for P&D Bonding until his health became too bad to continue.
Don had a great love for life and always had a story or joke to tell. He never met a stranger and most all people were "good people" in his eyes. He enjoyed riding motorcycles, spending time with family and friends, and most importantly, his two grandsons.
Don was preceded in death by his parents; his sister, Connie Bray; and a brother, Danny Snow.
He is survived by his wife Karen; his sons, Joshua R. Snow and wife Taylor, along with their two sons Sy and Jax of Pleasanton, and Kane R. Snow and wife Heather of Smith River, Calif.; a brother Robert E. Snow; and several nieces and nephews. In addition, he is also survived by his two best friends Paul Hamilton and Jerry Heiser, who were always there to help in any way they could.
Visitation will be held from 5- 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26, 2016, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. The family suggests contributions to the Pleasanton Community Center. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Mary Elizabeth Stutes, age 93 formerly of Pleasanton, Kan., went to be with the Lord on Dec. 1, 2022. Graveside Service will be held at 11 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022, at the Pleasanton Cemetery. Visitation... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Request options be brought to next meeting During the meeting on Monday, Nov. 28, Linn County Commissioners heard from Landfill Manager Al Doan regarding multiple issues with the Solid Waste Department ranging from the current contract with Arcadia for hauling from... [More]
The Pleasanton City Council reviewed and approved a new trespass policy as provided by City Attorney Burton Harding during the Nov. 28 meeting. The policy sets out parameters for what is considered to be trespassing, as well as appropriate reactions. It notes specifically... [More]
Market Street is a proposed path between La Cygne coal, Wolf Creek nuclear plants Representatives from a Kansas City engineering firm last week presented plans for an Evergy underground conduit-cased fiber optics cable preliminarily proposed to run through La Cygne.... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The 2022 high school football season concluded and it is time for the annual All Linn County football team. The team is decided by stats and watching the boys play. I also try to make the number of boys between schools as even as I can. This season was tough in deciding as... [More]
Ten days prior to their Linn County state border counterparts (including Valentine’s Day opponent Pleasanton), Hume began another promising basketball season Nov. 22 with a split decision at Appleton City. The Lady Hornets outscored their hosts in the first three quarters,... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org