Frances Marie Pruitt
08-29-1936 to 11-04-2019
Linn County News
Published Nov. 6, 2019
Frances Marie Pruitt, age 83, a resident of Fort Scott, passed away Monday, Nov. 4, 2019, at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1936, in Fulton, Kan., the daughter of James Henry White and Beulah Marie Snider White.
She graduated from the Fort Scott High School with the Class of 1954. Following high school, Frances worked for the Western Insurance Co. and later for Citizens Bank.
She married Gary David Pruitt on Oct. 27, 1956, at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Fulton.
Frances was a devoted wife and mother. She worked hard to provide for her family’s needs. She enjoyed sewing and made many of her children’s clothes. In addition to raising her children, Frances also worked as a cook at various schools and sold Avon for over 40 years. She also liked to crochet, knit and cross-stitch. She attended the Fulton United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her seven children, Urvy Pruitt and wife Linda of Fort Scott, Roger Pruitt and wife Nancy of Fulton, Brenda Foerschler and husband Jerry of Harrisonville, Mo., Ronnie Pruitt and wife Barb of Hume, Mo., Connie Johnston and husband Bill of Kincaid, Kan., Terry Pruitt and wife Tammy of Fort Scott, and Sherry Yarick and husband Mariott of Hume. Also surviving are 19 grandchildren and 37 great grandchildren with three more on the way, and numerous nieces and nephews.
Her husband, Gary, preceded her in death on May 15, 1988. She was also preceded in death by her parents and a grandson.
Rev. Chuck Russell will conduct funeral services at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at the Cheney Witt Chapel. Burial will follow in the St. Michael’s Cemetery at Fulton. The family will receive friends from 5-7 p.m. Friday at the Cheney Witt Chapel.
Memorials are suggested to Care to Share and may be left in care of the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S. Main, P.O. Box 347, Fort Scott, KS 66701. Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online guestbook at cheneywitt.com.
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Neta Lee Leonard, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. She was born on July 2, 1952, at Lincoln, Kan., the daughter of Dee and Delores Hall Montgomery. Neta was a nurse over the years. She enjoyed doing genealogy,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 George Herbert Eaton, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021. He was born on April 18, 1938, in El Reno, Okla. He graduated from El Reno High School and attended Johnson County Community College obtaining certification... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
City clerk asks in preparation for 2022 mobile home park licenses Broaching whether to contact Linn County or Linn Valley about building-inspector help for upcoming La Cygne mobile home park license renewals dominated the city clerk’s report at the Nov. 17 La... [More]
Defense expects to file motion opposing Dec. 23 Zoom setting A “no return of service” on a subpoena to an alleged crime victim prompted prosecution to request a continuance for a scheduled evidentiary preliminary hearing. At a scheduled half-day go hearing... [More]
Deputy Tanner Ogden joined on a chase initiated by the Garnett Police Department after it crossed county lines on Wednesday, Nov. 24, on the western edge of Linn County. Ogden followed the vehicle, a white van being driven by Daniel R. Evans, on 2200 Road past Iliff then the... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2021 high school football season for the three Linn County schools has concluded, and so it is time to announce the 2021 All County football team. This season was not as successful for the teams as it has been in the past. Both Prairie View and Pleasanton were eliminated... [More]
The 2021 high school football season has concluded, and the three Linn County high school football teams had multiple players make their respective All League football teams. The Prairie View Buffalos had multiple players on this year’s All-Pioneer League team. Colton... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com