Linn County News
Published March 28, 2018
Ila Marie Elliott, 86, formerly of Mound City, Kan., died on Sunday, March 18, 2018, in Marysville, Ohio. She was born on March 1, 1932, at Prescott, Kan., the daughter of Elmer and Ella Masoner Beckman.
She married Ralph C. Elliott on July 17, 1949, at Paola, Kan. Ila had claimed him about 12 years earlier when on her first day of first grade and his first day of third grade, she stated she was going to marry him. They were married 63 beautiful years. Ila relished her role as a devoted wife and homemaker.
She and Ralph moved around with his Phillips employment, living in Ohio from 1960-1986. When Ralph retired in 1986, he and Ila moved to Hardy, Ark., where they built their dream log home, which they enjoyed for 16 years before moving to Mound City in 2002.
Ila was full of life and enjoyed spending time with her family. She made the best of every situation.
Ila was preceded in death by her parents; her beloved husband Ralph on Feb. 17, 2013; one daughter and her husband, Martha and John Rose; one son and his wife, Randy and Cathy Elliott; and one son-in-law, Bill Rose.
Survivors include one daughter, Pamela Janel Rose; six grandchildren, Stacey, Heidi, Randy Lynn, Janel, Brian and Jesse; 11 great grandchildren, Tyler, Stephanie, Riley, Johnathan, Morgyn, Austin, Kyle, Owen, Will, Ila and Nolan; four great, great grandsons, Christopher, Macaijah, Lafayette and Kyroh, with a fifth great, great grandchild due any day; one brother, Charles Beckman and his wife Sarah; and numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Funeral service was Thursday, March 22, 2018, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial was in Miami Presbyterian Cemetery, Paola.
The family suggests contributions to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Anna Mae Carrel, 98, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Anna was born Nov. 4, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., to Fred M. and Mary C. (Hollister) Smith. She was united in... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
NOTICE: There will be a blood drive at the Catholic Hall in Mound City from 1 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13
In a sentencing hearing set for Friday, Dec. 2, Robert Woody III appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Judge Andrea Purvis, but instead of sentencing being handed down, the defense requested a continuance. Defense counsel Craig Cole noted his client had just brought... [More]
Discussions at Monday’s Linn County Commissioner’s meeting turned to the landfill issue and the fact that, as it currently sits, the landfill is only a year and half out from closing. During Monday’s discussions, Linn County Public Works Administrator Shaun... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View wrestling team traveled to Pleasant Hill on Dec. 2 and 3 to compete in the Steve Leslie Invitational. The boys’ team had three wrestlers place in the top four while the girls’ team had two wrestlers place in the top four. Kimmy Eastwood wrestled... [More]
Pleasanton basketball teams began their season Friday with a split varsity decision at Prairie Village-Kansas City Christian (KCC), the girls winning 39-19 while the boys took a 60-31 loss. Both teams now have two games upcoming at this week’s early-season round-robin... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org