Linn County News
Published Sept. 8, 2021
Kevin Leon Wade, age 69, of Anderson, S.C., went to be with his Lord and Savior on Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021.
He was born July 20, 1952, in La Cygne, Kan., and was the son of Evelyn Miller Wade and the late Norman Wade.
Mr. Wade held a bachelor’s degree in plastic technology as well as a degree in seminary. He worked in the family business in Kansas for 17 years and pastored for 10 years in South Carolina. After moving to Anderson, he and his wife were the owners of Concord Produce Market for 21 years, serving the citizens of his community with the best local produce around as well as the best selection of Christmas trees. Mr. Wade loved people, never met a stranger and always enjoyed a good conversation. He was a history buff and sports fan, especially cheering on the Kansas Jayhawks. His family was his pride and joy, and he loved spending as much time as he could with them.
Left to cherish his memory are his loving and devoted wife of 48 years, Daleine Gaylord Wade; mother, Evelyn Wade; children, Stephanie Brougher (Jeremy), Danae Sellers (Nathan), Jenna Wade and Caleb Wade; grandchildren, Jordan Wade, Elliana Brougher, Zane Brougher, Camilla Sellers and Leon Sellers; brother, Mark Wade (Jenise); sister, Roxanne Martin (David); and sister-in-law, Vicki Wade (Greg).
In addition to his father, he was preceded in death by his brother, Greg Wade.
The funeral service was held Sunday, Sept. 5, 2021, in the chapel of The McDougald Funeral Home with Pastor Butch Moore and Rev. Mark Pollard officiating. Burial followed at Memory Gardens in Clemson.
Flowers will be accepted, and memorial contributions may be made to Gateway International Missions, Inc., P.O. Box 667, Taylorsville, N.C. 28681; and Joyce’s Kids Vickery School for the Deaf, Baptist International Outreach, P.O. Box 587, Jefferson City, TN 37760.
Messages of condolence may be left for the family by visiting The McDougald Funeral Home website,www.mcdougaldfuneralhome.com.
Published in the Linn County News Karen Joyce Hughes Kidwell, 73, of Linn Valley, Kan. passed away September 10th at her home. She was born Sept. 9, 1948 in Kansas City, Kan. She was a graduate of Shawnee Mission North High School, Bethany Hospital... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Leota Vondell Burris, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021. She was born in Marceline, Mo., on Aug. 30, 1936, the daughter of Thomas B. and Estel A. Watson Adams. She... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Janet (Brown) Maschino, 64, of rural Pleasanton and Parsons, passed away peacefully at 3:13 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, at her daughter’s home in Erie. Janet’s story starts on March... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
New IRS plan in $3.5 trillion spending package opens consumer checking accounts to federal oversight
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Consumers beware as President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package advances through Congress as much of the cost will come from new oversight on personal checking accounts. The oversight... [More]
Former Cox Motor Co. building, potential site for school By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Entering executive session for data relating to partnerships, the Pleasanton City Council spent 50 minutes discussing a partnership... [More]
A hearing at Linn County District Court for 2019-CR-000210, State of Kansas versus Lonnie Shane Martin, was held Friday afternoon for a no go preliminary where Assistant County Attorney Justin Meeks informed District Judge Terri Johnson that the state was withdrawing... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
It’s been a bumpy start to the 2021 season for Jayhawk-Linn’s football team. A roster with 19 underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) among its 32 members missed both their Aug. 27 home jamboree with Pleasanton and Erie because of COVID-19 and its scheduled... [More]
BY ADAM HOLT LINN COUNTY NEWS email@example.com The Prairie View cross country teams traveled to Fort Scott on Sept. 9 to compete in the Fort Scott Invitational. The Buffalos again performed well as the varsity girls won as a team. Head Coach Marcie Caldwell... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org