Maretta Nadine Jameson, 85, of Monett, Mo., passed away Wednesday, April 15, 2015, at Bentonview Park Health and Rehabilitation Center in Monett from complications of Alzheimer’s and a stroke.
Maretta was born Aug. 19, 1929, in Kansas City, Mo., the daughter of the late Elmer and Clara (Dunavan) Reinke. She attended Kansas State Teachers College at Pittsburg, Kan., and later Butler County Community College, in El Dorado, Kan. Maretta was employed as a schoolteacher, Sears sales clerk, and retired as a registered nurse from St. Francis Medical Center in Wichita, Kan. She lived in Wichita, Kan., for 60 years at the same residence and resided in Monett, Mo., for her last remaining years. Maretta was also a member of the First United Methodist Church in Monett.
On Jan. 15, 1949 in La Cygne, Kan., Maretta Reinke and Virgil Jameson were united in marriage. To this union, two children were born. Maretta and Virgil were blessed with over 66 years together.
Maretta is survived by her husband, Virgil, of the home; one son, David W. (Dave) Jameson, and wife Cathy, of Monett; one daughter, Rebecca (Becky) Blunt, and husband Daniel, of State College, Pa.; one brother, David Jackson, and wife Rosanne, of La Cygne; one sister, Ann Garrett, and husband Tom, of La Cygne; four grandchildren, David John Jameson, Christopher Jameson, Bonnie Blunt Mulkey and Jaymeson Blunt; as well as six great-grandchildren, Matthew Jameson, Hannah Jameson, Jett Jameson, Johnny Jameson, Jace Jameson and Kaylin Mulkey.
Funeral services were held Saturday, April 18, 2015 at Buchanan Funeral Home with Reverend Paul Lanning officiating. Graveside services followed at the Edna Cemetery in Edna, Kan. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association in care of the funeral home. Arrangements have been entrusted to Buchanan Funeral Home, Monett.
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Merle A. Beckman, age 86, Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022. He was born in rural La Cygne, Kan., on Oct. 5, 1935, the son of Charles and Neeva (Neal) Beckman. He graduated from La Cygne Rural High School... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Mary Jo Spencer, age 83, of Mound City, Kan., passed away on Aug. 6, 2022, at Louisburg Healthcare, Louisburg, Kan. She was born Nov. 13, 1938, in Terrell, Texas, to James Downing and Claudie Flower. Mary Jo moved to Lubbock, Texas,... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Larry Sumners, age 68, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Monday, Aug. 1, 2022, at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Laurence A. Sumners was born on Aug. 16, 1953, at McPherson,... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
What was a dream a year ago has come to fruition with a ribbon cutting and open house scheduled for Friday, Aug. 12 at 10 a.m. The Southeastern Technical Academy for Rural Students (STARS) is now a reality located in the former Cox Motor Company building at Laurel and 17th Streets... [More]
With the ribbon cutting and open house of the new STARS Technical Academy in Pleasanton slated for Friday, Aug. 12, the staff and instructors at the school opened up recently about their roles and what the program means to them. Phil Mitchell, who will be teaching Construction... [More]
After sending the Linn County Commissioners an email explaining county real estate compliance with state values, the commissioners visited with Linn County Appraiser Kathy Bridges Monday. After initial conversation on the 2021 final ratio study concerning commercial and residential... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Linn County Fair and Rodeo started this past week with the traditional demolition derby. There were two nights of demo derby action as team derby, modified and figure eight races took place on Aug. 5 while the compact, semi-modified and bone stock took place on the evening... [More]
Linn County has a new competitive softball team, Total Effect Softball, which will be based out of Mound City. Jayhawk-Linn head softball coach Kris Holt started the team and will be the head coach of Total Effect. Holt had multiple reasons on why he wanted to start a competitive... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org