Maretta Nadine Jameson, 85, of Monett, Mo., passed away Wednesday, April 15, 2015, at Bentonview Park Health and Rehabilitation Center in Monett from complications of Alzheimer’s and a stroke.
Maretta was born Aug. 19, 1929, in Kansas City, Mo., the daughter of the late Elmer and Clara (Dunavan) Reinke. She attended Kansas State Teachers College at Pittsburg, Kan., and later Butler County Community College, in El Dorado, Kan. Maretta was employed as a schoolteacher, Sears sales clerk, and retired as a registered nurse from St. Francis Medical Center in Wichita, Kan. She lived in Wichita, Kan., for 60 years at the same residence and resided in Monett, Mo., for her last remaining years. Maretta was also a member of the First United Methodist Church in Monett.
On Jan. 15, 1949 in La Cygne, Kan., Maretta Reinke and Virgil Jameson were united in marriage. To this union, two children were born. Maretta and Virgil were blessed with over 66 years together.
Maretta is survived by her husband, Virgil, of the home; one son, David W. (Dave) Jameson, and wife Cathy, of Monett; one daughter, Rebecca (Becky) Blunt, and husband Daniel, of State College, Pa.; one brother, David Jackson, and wife Rosanne, of La Cygne; one sister, Ann Garrett, and husband Tom, of La Cygne; four grandchildren, David John Jameson, Christopher Jameson, Bonnie Blunt Mulkey and Jaymeson Blunt; as well as six great-grandchildren, Matthew Jameson, Hannah Jameson, Jett Jameson, Johnny Jameson, Jace Jameson and Kaylin Mulkey.
Funeral services were held Saturday, April 18, 2015 at Buchanan Funeral Home with Reverend Paul Lanning officiating. Graveside services followed at the Edna Cemetery in Edna, Kan. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association in care of the funeral home. Arrangements have been entrusted to Buchanan Funeral Home, Monett.
Linn County News Published December 6, 2023 Robert W. VanWinkle, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Friday, Dec. 1, 2023. A service to celebrate Bob’s life will be announced at a later date. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. ... [More]
Linn County News Published December 6, 2023 Jolene Moriconi, 87, of Lawrence, Kan., formerly of Paola, Kan., and Frontenac, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023, at home surrounded by family. She was born May 24, 1936, in Frontenac, Kan., the daughter of... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 6, 2023 Perle David Patrick Jr., age 67, Osawatomie, Kan., passed away Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023. Funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Burial... [More]
- Larry Wayne Miller ~ 01-21-1958 to 11-06-2023
- Vernon Earl McGee ~ 10-07-1945 to 11-07-2023
- Vicki A. Capp ~ 08-08-1954 to 11-06-2023
- Marcia D. Mathes ~ 03-31-1947 to 11-09-2023
- Joyce Elaine Hewitt (née Terry) ~ 03-26-1941 to 11-01-2023
- Edward Lee “Butch” Samyn ~ 11-28-1947 to 11-07-2023
- Gary John Hald ~ 01-19-1946 to 11-02-2023
- Neal DeWayne Peterson ~ 03-05-1946 to 10-03-2023
During the weekly meeting of the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, Dec. 4, Rich Morrell and Charlene Sims with the Linn County Planning Commission each addressed the commissioners in regard to the moratorium and the request to create a committee to work on Section 14. ... [More]
Linn County Clerk David Lamb presented the commissioners with documents to be signed by the commission chair during their weekly meeting on Monday, Dec. 4, in regard to the bond sale last Wednesday to refinance a portion of the original bond for the jail project. Lamb... [More]
Linn County Public Works Director Shaun West noted he had reached out to the fiber installers south of the power plant in reference to questions the commissioners had concerning undone road work. West stated he learned the connection comes into the project from the west and moves... [More]
- Commissioners approve resolution on one-year moratorium on commercial solar farms
- USD 362 to seek more 4-day week info
- Commissioners approve resolution for bond refinance
- Commissioners vote 2-1 for one year moratorium on solar farms
- Linn County Planning and Zoning meeting leads to moratorium request for Commissioners
- Kansas Senator speaks on ills of green energy
- Election canvass held Nov. 20, abstract approved
- Thanksgiving events
The Pleasanton basketball team hosted their home opener against Kansas City Christian (KCC) on Dec. 1. The Jays split the varsity games with the girls falling in their game 20-29 and the boys winning big in their game, 78-44. The girls’ game started well as the Lady... [More]
Sophomore Brea Dawson scored 12 of her game-high 18 points in the fourth quarter, paving the way for Jayhawk Linn’s girls to claim a 43-38 season-opening win at Cass-Midway, Mo., Friday night. Despite a game-high 23 points from junior Braeden Nation, the ‘Hawk boys... [More]
- Prairie View wrestling competes at Steve Leslie Invitational
- 2023 All Linn County high school football team
- Miami teams split season openers
- Jayhawk and Pleasanton football are well represented in the 2023 TRL All League
- Prairie View football has seven players make Pioneer All League
- Prairie View football ends season against Parsons
- Jayhawk 8-2 season mirrors 2022 campaign
- Prairie View routs Baxter Springs in first round of the playoffs
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com