Linn County News
Published Feb. 26, 2020
Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo (Cox) Farley, who preceded him in death.
Marion was a graduate of Prescott High School, class of 1951. On Aug. 8, 1954, at the Elm Spring Baptist Church in Elm, Mo., he was united in marriage to Carmin (Carlyle) Farley. Following high school, he attended the Kansas City Bible College, presently Calvary Bible College. Marion accepted the Lord as his savior at age 17. He had been a Sunday school teacher for adult classes and had been a deacon in the past at two different churches. He and his wife Carmin had been to Israel twice, and he loved the Jewish people. Marion was a good father to his daughter, a great grandfather to his grandchildren, and a wonderful husband to his wife.
Marion’s passion was working in sales. He was a sales representative of office products for over 30 years and was recognized as top salesman while employed with Royal Typewriter.
He is survived by his wife Carmin (Carlyle) Farley of the home; daughter Jacki (Farley) Smith of Raytown, Mo.; and grandchildren Amber Smith and Alex Smith.
Comments from fellow employees of LabCorp: “Marion Farley presents a good appearance for our organization, a wonderful person.” “A good father figure.” “Helpful, and kind.” “Totally nice.” “Soft spoken, well mannered.” “Easy to talk to.” “Friendly.” “Is so sweet when he talks about his wife.”
Funeral services were scheduled at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, at the Abundant Life Church, 414 Persels Road, Lee’s Summit, Mo., with Rev. Pat Koontz officiating.
Interment was to take place at 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, at the Elm Spring Cemetery, 570 N.W. 1601st Road, Kingsville, Mo.
Pallbearers named were Jon Barnhill, Andy Stanbridge, Don Roberts, Alex Smith, Clint Carlyle and Tom Brown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are suggested to Samaritan’s Purse, P.O. Box 3000, Boone, N.C. 28607.
Funeral arrangements entrusted to Campbell-Cast Funeral Home, Holden, Mo.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 1, 2020 Mary Jo Ernst, age 76, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away at her home Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019. Jo was born in Kansas City, Kan. on Oct. 12, 1943, the daughter of Bert and Tippy Hurst. She had one loving... [More]
- Chase Edward Augur 05-23-2002 to 07-04-2020
- Jimmie Allan Wier 09-24-1936 to 04-11-2020
- Roy Allen Miller 09-28-1941 to 06-13-2020
- H.E. “Gene” Brownback 11-22-1928 to 06-30-2020
- Helen May Benthusen 01-27-1919 to 06-30-2020
- Velma Eileen Crisler 06-21-1936 to 06-24-2020
- LeRoy Turpen, Sr. 01-17-1945 to 06-23-2020
- Kathryn A. “Kathy” Parks 05-10-1955 to 06-17-2020
Let’s continue our series on this week in baseball history. We will look at one historic event per day for the upcoming week in baseball. A full list for historic events in baseball for each day can be found at Nationalpastime.com. First African American MLB players... [More]
Following a presentation earlier in the year by Joey McLiney of McLiney and Co. concerning an attempt to lower the city’s interest rate on their bond debt, Kip Hart, representing the company, told the City Council of Mound City Monday night they’d have to raise sewer... [More]
Drought conditions across the state of Kansas prompted the governor to declare drought emergencies, and in preparation for lack of rain, Public Wholesale Water Supply District No. 13 (PWWSD No. 13) representative Kevin Hancock met with the Mound City Council Monday night and... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
The Miami Express 16A softball team, which comprises multiple girls from Linn County and the surrounding areas, traveled to the Field of Dreams Complex in Basehor Linwood to compete in the MO/KAN USSSA Mega State Championship softball tournament. There were a total of 28 teams... [More]
The Miami Express softball teams took part in the Kansas USSSA State Softball Tournament this past weekend. Both the 14U B-team and the 16U team feature girls from Prairie View and Jayhawk-Linn, and both teams did exceptional at the tournament. The 14U team went 5-2 and placed... [More]
- This week in baseball history: June 24-30
- Several local boys’ baseball players compete on USSSA Rage teams out of Garnett
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament