Linn County News
Published Feb. 26, 2020
Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo (Cox) Farley, who preceded him in death.
Marion was a graduate of Prescott High School, class of 1951. On Aug. 8, 1954, at the Elm Spring Baptist Church in Elm, Mo., he was united in marriage to Carmin (Carlyle) Farley. Following high school, he attended the Kansas City Bible College, presently Calvary Bible College. Marion accepted the Lord as his savior at age 17. He had been a Sunday school teacher for adult classes and had been a deacon in the past at two different churches. He and his wife Carmin had been to Israel twice, and he loved the Jewish people. Marion was a good father to his daughter, a great grandfather to his grandchildren, and a wonderful husband to his wife.
Marion’s passion was working in sales. He was a sales representative of office products for over 30 years and was recognized as top salesman while employed with Royal Typewriter.
He is survived by his wife Carmin (Carlyle) Farley of the home; daughter Jacki (Farley) Smith of Raytown, Mo.; and grandchildren Amber Smith and Alex Smith.
Comments from fellow employees of LabCorp: “Marion Farley presents a good appearance for our organization, a wonderful person.” “A good father figure.” “Helpful, and kind.” “Totally nice.” “Soft spoken, well mannered.” “Easy to talk to.” “Friendly.” “Is so sweet when he talks about his wife.”
Funeral services were scheduled at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, at the Abundant Life Church, 414 Persels Road, Lee’s Summit, Mo., with Rev. Pat Koontz officiating.
Interment was to take place at 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, at the Elm Spring Cemetery, 570 N.W. 1601st Road, Kingsville, Mo.
Pallbearers named were Jon Barnhill, Andy Stanbridge, Don Roberts, Alex Smith, Clint Carlyle and Tom Brown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are suggested to Samaritan’s Purse, P.O. Box 3000, Boone, N.C. 28607.
Funeral arrangements entrusted to Campbell-Cast Funeral Home, Holden, Mo.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 1, 2020 Mary Jo Ernst, age 76, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away at her home Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019. Jo was born in Kansas City, Kan. on Oct. 12, 1943, the daughter of Bert and Tippy Hurst. She had one loving... [More]
- Agnes E. Shryer 03-04-1958 to 03-22-2020
- Charles Edward Pollard 11-15-1954 to 03-17-2020
- Paul Travis Jackson 07-09-1939 to 03-22-2020
- Nellie Louise Stratton 06-15-1926 to 03-18-2020
- Susan Renee Parks 11-05-1974 to 03-17-2020
- Nellie Louise Stratton 06-15-1926 to 03-18-2020
- Joyce Eileen Cummings 01-24-1949 to 03-14-2020
- Brenda Carol Meyer 07-28-1957 to 03-05-2020
Governor Laura Kelly issued Executive Order 20-16, a statewide “stay home” order Saturday, March 28 effective through April 19, 2020. According to the press release, the order supersedes all local “stay home” or similar orders prohibiting... [More]
Following a special meeting with the commissioners and county health officials Wednesday night stating their goal was not to shut the county down, the quickly evolving spread of the virus prompted action from Public Health Officer Dr. Jay Allen, Linn County Health... [More]
Who Should Sign Up for the Registry? Individuals with special medical needs include those who would need assistance with medical or personal care during evacuations and sheltering because of physical or mental impairments. Please sign up for the registery if you or a loved... [More]
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
KSHSAA has officially cancelled all spring sports and all activities for the remainder of the school year. Here is the statement from the KSHSAA website. “The KSHSAA is committed to the safety of our student-participants and the health of our... [More]
rn UPDATE – Wednesday, March 18, 2020 rn The USA Clay Target League thanks all of our athletes, parents, coaches, and sponsors for their patience and understanding in this unprecedented time. rn The League is announcing a Modified 2020 Spring Season that... [More]
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament