Novella Bogan-Finwick, 98 years, 3 months and 13 days, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2015, at Prescott Country View. She was born Oct. 1, 1916, at Jericho Springs, Mo., the daughter of Loy and Velma Finwick Boston. She graduated from Jericho Springs High School.
She was preceded in death by two husbands, Carl Bogan and Elmer Finwick. She was also preceded in death by a son, Gerald Bogan; two great-grandsons, Bret Loy and Brett Landon Bogan; and nine siblings.
Novella owned and operated Bogan’s Cafe from 1955 until 1982. She then was a cook at the Hume School before retiring at the age of 70.
Novella is survived by a son, Larry Bogan and wife Harriet; daughters, Joyce Cannon and husband Marion, and Janice Koehn and husband Ronnie; a daughter-in-law, Sharon Bogan; two sisters, Nellie Dale and Rosalie Darnall; 11 grandchildren; 41 great-grandchildren; and 21 great-great-grandchildren.
Funeral service was held Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, at the Hume Christian Church. Burial was in the Hume Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to the Hume Cemetery. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Hume Chapel.
Linn County News Published Aug. 11, 2021 Ellen Y. Brenner, age 70, Pleasanton, Kansas passed away Monday, August 2, 2021. A gathering to celebrate the life of Ellen Brenner will be announced at a later date. Online condolences... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 4, 2021 Lela Aleane Sharp, age 100, of Fontana, Kan., passed away Wednesday, July 28, 2021, at her home. Funeral services were held Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021, at Dengel and Son Mortuary, 305 N. Pearl St., Paola, Kan., 66071, with... [More]
Linn County News Published July 28, 2021 James Allen Johnson, age 72, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Saturday, July 24, 2021, at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., after a brief illness. Allen was born on July 7, 1949, at Moran, Kan.,... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Discussing that city employees were able to keep the pool open for the season, City Administrator Teresa Whitaker at the Pleasanton City Council’s Monday meeting said they think they’ve finally figured out that the problem at the pool is in the filter causing an air... [More]
Angel Cushing of the city of Allen, a concerned citizen, spoke before the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, Aug. 2, asking them to adopt a resolution that opts the county out of Freedom’s Frontier and the National Heritage Area. Cushing went on to explain that Senate... [More]
City to discount water bills by $30 this month Following what was described as an organized calling effort by the public to complain about brown water, the Pleasanton City Council addressed the problem and possible fixes at their meeting on Monday. City Superintendent Casey... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2020 Olympics in Tokyo is underway, and everyone is enjoying cheering on Team USA and watching sports they only watch once every four years. One of the primary things we do when engaged in the Olympics is keep track of the medal count. We want our country to have the most... [More]
Kyle Carstens, a Fontana native and 2006 Prairie View graduate, is ready to compete in the Linn County Fair and Rodeo’s Outlaw Truck & Tractor Pull taking place on the evening of Aug. 8. Carstens just recently started competing with tractors in pulling events but... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team