Linn County News
Published Sept. 1, 2021
Ronald Brinson Burton Sr., age 78, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Saturday, Aug. 28, 2021. He was born on Sept. 15, 1942, in Vanceboro, N.C., the son of Willy Thomas and Lilla Mae Hendrix Burton. He proudly served his country in the United States Marine Corps. He was united in marriage to Jessie Williams on Jan. 23, 1965. She preceded him in death on April 22, 1999. He later married Debra Ahart on July 7, 2000. Ron was a journeyman inside wireman by trade. He was a member of the IBEW Local No. 124. He ranched, trained race horses and raised and showed Charolais cattle. He attended the Wall Street Christian Church. He was an airplane pilot and owned his own plane. He was a member of the AQHA, APHA and the Jockey Club Horse Associations.
He was also preceded in death by his parents; a son, Jimmy Epting; two brothers, Bud and Elbert; an infant brother; a sister, Irene; and a great-grandson, Thomas Burton Jr. Ron is survived by a son, Ronald “Buck” Burton Jr. (Donna); a daughter, Pennie Burton; three stepchildren, Crystal Meisenheimer, Priscilla Reed and Kenny Meisenheimer;12 grandchildren, Jimmy Rand, Jennifer, Jessica, Christopher, Nathaniel and Thomas (Raylene), Mackenzie, Cole, Landon, Grant, Peyton and Easton; and 10 great-grandchildren, Noe, Migeul, Talia, Patricia, Olivia, Autumn, Andrew, Breana, Trenity and Kelsey.
Funeral service will be 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, 2021, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial will be in the Curry Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 6-8 p.m. Friday at the Mound City Chapel. Contributions are suggested to Linn County Care to Share, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056.
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Neta Lee Leonard, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. She was born on July 2, 1952, at Lincoln, Kan., the daughter of Dee and Delores Hall Montgomery. Neta was a nurse over the years. She enjoyed doing genealogy,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 George Herbert Eaton, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021. He was born on April 18, 1938, in El Reno, Okla. He graduated from El Reno High School and attended Johnson County Community College obtaining certification... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The sweet smell and feel of a hometown feed store was apparent at the new location of Miller Feed & Farm inside of Stainbrook’s Auto, Farm & Home in La Cygne. Shoppers who need feed for their dogs and cats, goats, horses, cattle and more will find a large selection... [More]
There are some people that seem like they’ve always lived in a community, and Cary and Debbie Coffey are two of those people. But, they’ve only been in Pleasanton since June 2016, and now they’re headed to Virginia in June 2022. “A year ago, the Lord... [More]
An almost six-month process of grant writing, planning and now construction is providing the Pleasanton Lincoln Library a new telehealth room for both job seekers and those wishing to visit with their doctor via computer. Pleasanton Librarian Wendy Morlan said that the grant... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2021 high school football season has concluded, and the three Linn County high school football teams had multiple players make their respective All League football teams. The Prairie View Buffalos had multiple players on this year’s All-Pioneer League team. Colton... [More]
The 2021 volleyball season has concluded, and so it is time for the Linn County News’ All County Volleyball teams. All the girls on the Prairie View, Jayhawk and Pleasanton volleyball teams played their best, but some players stood out in their excellence. These All County... [More]
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com