The Linn County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, May 15, and began their meeting with the approval of the minutes of the last meeting and the approval of claims in the amount of $277,912.37.
Various department heads reported on numbers and projects for their units for the last week, including AMR, Rural Fire, the Linn County Sheriff and Public Works.
Public Works Administrator Shaun West presented resolution 2023-24 on surplus property which commissioners approved on a 3-0 vote.
West then presented a service agreement for equipment with Foley for them to service all equipment every 1,000 hours at a cost of $1,039.72 each time. Commissioners approved the agreement and authorized West to sign it.
Darin Wilson, Linn County Planning and Zoning Administrator, presented the revised zoning and subdivision regulations as provided by attorney Jim Kaup, but noted Kaup is currently in the hospital and unable to attend. (See related article in this edition.)
Jay Allen, Director of the Southeastern Technical Academy for Rural Students or STARS, appeared before commissioners asking for a decision on his request for funding. Commissioners approved his request at 1 mill for 2024. (See related article in this edition.)
Commissioners then approved Resolution 2023-25 declaring surplus property be donated to the STARS program.
Commissioners discussed county buildings and planned usage in the future and set a walk-through for next week during their regular meeting.
LINN VALLEY CITY COUNCIL - Monday, May 22, 2023
The Linn Valley City Council held its bi-monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 22, 2023, with Council President Robert Suppenbach presiding and all council members present. Mayor Cindy Smith was absent due to illness. Joey McLiney, the city’s financial advisor,... [More]
LA CYGNE CITY COUNCIL - Wednesday, May 17, 2023
In addition to a codes officer resignation and a councilman’s code-violation letter grievance, both reports located elsewhere in this edition, La Cygne city leaders passed Ordinance No. 1510 that codifies a May 3 vote to charge a $200 flat fee for repair costs to damaged... [More]
LINN COUNTY COMMISSIONERS - Monday, May 22, 2023
The May 22 meeting of the Linn County Commissioners began with the approval of the minutes of last week’s meeting followed by the approval of claims in the amount of $414,681.39. County Clerk David Lamb noted a need to reschedule the regular meeting on May 29 to Tuesday,... [More]
- PARKER CITY COUNCIL - Thursday, May 11, 2023
- USD 362 SCHOOL BOARD - Monday, May 8, 2023
- LINN COUNTY COMMISSIONERS - Monday, May 8, 2023
- LA CYGNE CITY COUNCIL - Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- MOUND CITY COUNCIL - Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- PRESCOTT CITY COUNCIL - Monday, May 8, 2023
- USD 346 SCHOOL BOARD - Monday, May 8, 2023
- USD 344 SCHOOL BOARD - Monday, May 8, 2023
Health and cancer screening to be held June 3
A health and cancer screening event is planned for 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on June 3 at the Pleasanton United Methodist Church, 751 Main Street. This event will have prostrate and skin cancer screenings, take-home colorectal cancer screening kits, blood pressure readings, tobacco... [More]
Third annual Thunder on the Street set for June 3
This year’s Thunder on the Street event, set for June 3 on Main Street in Pleasanton, promises several activities for all ages. The wall of death is back this year, only under a new company - Ives Brothers Wall of Death and promises tons of gravity defying entertainment.... [More]
Memorial Day events in Linn County
Saturday, May 27 Linn Valley Memorial Day ceremony at the memorial at 10 a.m. Prescott Cemetery Memorial Day ceremony at 10:30 a.m.; a potluck lunch will follow at the Community Building in Prescott with the city providing the meat, drinks and table service.... [More]
- Tanglewood Lakes gates destroyed by crowd
- Tanglewood incident tops commission meeting
- La Cygne codes officer resigns
- SPECIAL: Press release on protest at Tanglewood Lakes
- Click It or Ticket Campaign Reminds Drivers: Buckle Up May 22 - June 4, and Every Day
- SPECIAL: K-152 resurfacing project to begin in late May
- Commissioners approve STARS funding at 1 mill for 2024
- Commercial solar farms top zoning regulation discussions
Prairie View girls win 3A State track meet
The Prairie View track team traveled to Wichita May 26-27 to compete in the 3A State track championship and brought home some hardware to say the least. The girls’ team earned the school’s first State track championship as they scored 41.5 points to win the 3A girls’... [More]
Jayhawk boys bring home multiple medals at State track
The Jayhawk-Linn track team traveled to Wichita on May 26-27 to compete in the 2A State track championship. The Hawks were well represented this year as they sent a total of 13, seven girls and six boys, to State. The boys’ team earned multiple medals at the meet. Gus... [More]
- Jayhawk softball wins Regional, advances to State
- Lady Buffs win Regional track meet
- Pleasanton track qualifies six for State
- Prairie View girls win Pioneer League track meet
- Pleasanton track places fourth in TRL meet
- Jayhawk track places top two at TRL meet
- Prairie View softball 3-0 against Osawatomie and Girard
- Jayhawk softball sweeps Marmaton Valley and splits against Uniontown