Angilee L. Dennis
09-29-1931 to 09-26-2019
Linn County News
Published Oct. 2, 2019
Angilee L. Dennis, age 87, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019. She was born in Norwood, Mo., on Sept. 29, 1931, the daughter of Elzie and Sylvia Owens Smith. She graduated from high school in Mountain Grove, Mo.
On June 16, 1951, she married her childhood friend, Leon Dennis. Leon passed away on March 7, 2011, missing their 60th wedding anniversary by a little over three months.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Elgene Smith.
Angilee retired from Turner School District in 1992. She was a cook and manager of the cafeteria for 27 years. She attended Calvary Baptist Church and volunteered with Harvesters.
Angilee is survived by a daughter, Charlotte Becker and husband John; two sons, Edwin Dennis and Terry Dennis and wife Shirley; six grandchildren; 13 great grandchildren; and four great, great grandchildren.
Funeral service was scheduled at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019, at the Calvary Baptist Church, La Cygne, with burial in the Oak Lawn Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled from 5-7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to Calvary Baptist Church c/o Schneider Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Leslie Dell “L.D.” Murray 10-12-1926 to 05-25-2020
- Doris Louise (Dresker) Phillips 10-03-1922 to 05-15-2020
- Diane Jackson 02-13-1954 to 05-12-2020
- John Russell Baucom 09-04-1953 to 04-24-2020
- Harriet E. Stanley 12-27-1947 to 05-08-2020
- Nancy Doreen Brindle 02-26-1954 to 04-21-2020
- Jason Walker “Jake” McCullough 06-25-1975 to 05-03-2020
- Mary Sue Kepner Fountain 05-26-1934 to 04-18-2020
Holding a special meeting Thursday, May 21, the County Commissioners discussed the Linn County Justice Center and the cost the construction management team River City Construction came up with after receiving electrical bids. After a large increase in electrical bids, the commissioners... [More]
The County Commission and the Local Health Officer of Linn County, Kan., were recently the defendants in a Federal Lawsuit initiated by two Linn County residents and the Kansas Justice Institute, a law firm heavily involved in seeking out publicity through taking on high... [More]
Allen resigns Public Health Officer position By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Following the lockdown of Linn County earlier in March due to COVID-19 and subsequent orders to continue the stay-at-home orders by the governor and local authorities... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
It is prime fishing time so let’s look at the KDWPT fishing reports for Linn County. La Cygne Reservoir Currently channel, blue and flathead catfishing is good at La Cygne. The fish are being caught on sunfish, cut shad, worms, prepared baits and livers.... [More]
The Lady Jays had a rough season last year and only won a couple of games. They were also eliminated in the first round of their regional tournament. However, this season the girls were hoping to make some improvements to put them in a better spot, but they did not get... [More]
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round