Anthony “Tony” Hubert Taylor
01-23- 2002 to 7-13-2019
Linn County News
Published July 17, 2019
Anthony (Tony) Hubert Taylor went to be with the Lord Saturday July 13, 2019, at Ascension Via Christi Hospital. Tony was born Jan. 23, 2002, to Russell Taylor and Sue Cress. He was the youngest of three children.
Tony attended Pittsburg schools and was about to start his senior year this fall. He enjoyed working for Chatters and was looking forward to church camp with his friends from South Broadway Baptist Church. Tony was an honor roll student with a heart for kids. He worked hard and aspired to be a cardiologist so he could help other kids like him. He enjoyed playing with his nieces and nephews and would go out of his way to make time for them.
He is preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, Hubert Adam Taylor Jr., of Pleasanton; and his maternal grandmother, Dorothy Marie Asmus, of Marion.
His memory lives on in his father, Russell Taylor; mother Sue Cress; stepfather Brandon Cress; grandmothers Sharon Akins, Jackie Taylor and Janet Cress; sisters Brittany Smith, Lauren Henson and Montana Cress; and brother Hunter Cress, as well as several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins. Tony was much loved and will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
Funeral services will be held at South Broadway Baptist Church, 1322 S. Broadway, Pittsburg, Kan., at 11a.m. Thursday, July 18. Counselors from PHS will be available at the church for anyone wishing to participate in an open mic night at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 17.
We will be starting a Tony Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund to be maintained by the church. Please send any donations to South Broadway Baptist Church and reference Tony Taylor Scholarship Fund in the memo. We appreciate all the love, hugs, prayers and support. Tony would be humbled and grateful to see all the lives he has impacted.
Linn County News Published Dec. 8, 2021 Lawrence “Burt” Burton Holt, 80, of Lenexa, Kan., passed away on Dec. 1, 2021. Burt is survived by his wife, Sandra, and stepson, Curtis (Shelli); son, Dalton (Sherri), grandson, Tyler, and granddaughter,... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 8, 2021 Patricia Pauline (Holt) Ratliff, 79, of Cameron, Mo., passed away Nov. 24, 2021. She was born Aug. 3, 1942, in Kansas City, Kan. She married Clifton Ray Ratliff on March 17, 2001, in Turney, Mo. Patricia is... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Going through bills at their Monday County Commission meeting, the commissioners approved two claims in the amount of $14,409.41 and $318,935.17 but questioned a bill in the amount of $7,500 paid last week to Debrick Truck Line of Paola for shipping an MRAP (Mine-Resistant Ambush... [More]
Republican candidate for state treasurer, state Sen. Caryn Tyson of rural Parker has received national recognition as legislator of the year for her leadership and work on Property Tax Transparency, Senate Bill (SB) 13. Tyson researched and led an effort in Kansas to stop automatic... [More]
Former Pleasanton City Council member Ginger Neal-Cox, 203 E. Fourth St., appeared before the Pleasanton Council Monday evening to inform them of an aggressive dog that bit her daughter in November and asked that the aggressive dog ordinance be stiffened. She said that on Nov.... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton basketball teams started their season on Dec. 3 with a home game against Kansas City Christian (KCC). The girls fed off a good defensive performance to win their game 36-18. KCC was too much for the boys, however, as they lost their game 70-35. The girls’... [More]
Jayhawk-Linn basketball teams lost competitive games in their season openers Friday at Cass-Midway, Mo. How each varsity team reached its final verdict, however, came from a different angle. Down by as many as 12 points halfway through the second quarter, the Lady Jayhawks... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com