Anthony “Tony” Hubert Taylor
01-23- 2002 to 7-13-2019
Linn County News
Published July 17, 2019
Anthony (Tony) Hubert Taylor went to be with the Lord Saturday July 13, 2019, at Ascension Via Christi Hospital. Tony was born Jan. 23, 2002, to Russell Taylor and Sue Cress. He was the youngest of three children.
Tony attended Pittsburg schools and was about to start his senior year this fall. He enjoyed working for Chatters and was looking forward to church camp with his friends from South Broadway Baptist Church. Tony was an honor roll student with a heart for kids. He worked hard and aspired to be a cardiologist so he could help other kids like him. He enjoyed playing with his nieces and nephews and would go out of his way to make time for them.
He is preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, Hubert Adam Taylor Jr., of Pleasanton; and his maternal grandmother, Dorothy Marie Asmus, of Marion.
His memory lives on in his father, Russell Taylor; mother Sue Cress; stepfather Brandon Cress; grandmothers Sharon Akins, Jackie Taylor and Janet Cress; sisters Brittany Smith, Lauren Henson and Montana Cress; and brother Hunter Cress, as well as several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins. Tony was much loved and will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
Funeral services will be held at South Broadway Baptist Church, 1322 S. Broadway, Pittsburg, Kan., at 11a.m. Thursday, July 18. Counselors from PHS will be available at the church for anyone wishing to participate in an open mic night at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 17.
We will be starting a Tony Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund to be maintained by the church. Please send any donations to South Broadway Baptist Church and reference Tony Taylor Scholarship Fund in the memo. We appreciate all the love, hugs, prayers and support. Tony would be humbled and grateful to see all the lives he has impacted.
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 Cecil L. Fish, 89, Ottawa, Kan., and former longtime Labette County resident, passed away Thursday, April 8, 2021, at his home. Cecil was born the third child to Cecil Paige and Edna (Nickoley) Fish on Dec. 7, 1931, in... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 William Michael McMillan, age 60, of St. Joseph, Mo., passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. He was born on Aug. 24, 1960, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of William McMillan and Virginia Russell McMillan. He... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 Vivian Lucile Bright, age 93, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. She was born in La Cygne, Kan., on April 4, 1928, the daughter of Raymond and Leona Dodge Vail. Vivian graduated from... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
The Mound City Council met by phone for a special meeting on Tuesday afternoon, April 6, for the purpose of determining whether or not to reopen the discussions on the sale of the city lake. During the course of that meeting, the council voted to go forward with the discussions... [More]
Customers are spared a billing shock La Cygne natural gas customers will not feel the burden of a high February supplier invoice. The unanimous decision by its council followed a 15-minute executive session for legal attorney-client privilege at its regular meeting... [More]
New possibilities discussed Linn County Fire Chief Doug Barlet reported to the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, April 12, that he had discussed their request for possible changes to the burn ban policy, and the board had voted 7-0 to make no changes; however, they... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
Prairie View got contributions from many sources in their April 6 softball doubleheader sweep of Iola. Wins of 10-3 and 18-8 over the Fillies raised the Lady Buffalos’ Pioneer League record to 4-0, 5-0 overall, to begin this week. The team will host a non-league twinbill... [More]
The Jayhawk JV golf team did well last week. On April 5 they traveled to Erie and on April 6 they went to Fort Scott for a tournament hosted by Uniontown. In the Erie tournament they only brought three golfers so they could not place as a team, but at the Uniontown tournament... [More]
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming