Ardell Hearn, 91, passed away peacefully with her family by her side at home on March 3, 2017, in Parker, Ariz.
She was born one of seven children on May 9, 1925, to Willard and Faye “Pearl” Bush at the family home in Walnut, Mo., along with Myrth “Monty,” Vina Mae, Mavis, Margory, Willard Leon and James.
She married Paul Stark in the 1940s and had five children, Frank, Sherry, Danny, Margie and Johnny Stark.
She later relocated from southern California to Pleasanton, Kan., and remarried Philip Hearn and gained his five children, Jerry Lee, Paulette, Betty, Claudette and Steven Hearn.
She worked hand in hand in their family business, Hearn’s Wrecking Yard in Pleasanton and enjoyed quilting, crocheting, crossword puzzles and her grandchildren. Her favorite pastime was to play the slot machines at the Bluewater Casino in Parker, Ariz.
She is survived by her children, Frank (Sharon) Stark and Sherry Oelrich of Cherry Valley, Calif., Dany (Pam) Stark, Margie Beckham and Johnny (Tami) Stark of Parker, Ariz., Paulette Bennett, Betty Stark and Jerry Lee Hearn of Kansas; along with 22 grandchildren, 41 great-grandchildren and 11 great-great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her parents Willard and Faye Bush; husband Philip Hearn; two brothers, Myrth and Leon Bush; two sisters, Vina Mae Cox and Mavis Smith; two children, Claudette Pennington and Steven Hearn; and four grandchildren, Nina Stark, Randy Morris, Jody Beckham and Jesse Stark.
Arrangements were handled by Parker Funeral Home.
A Celebration of Life was held at Bluewater Casino & Resort, Parker, Ariz., on Saturday, March 11, 2017, honoring her life. A graveside service was to be held at a later date in her hometown of Pleasanton.
Linn County News Published Aug. 17, 2022 Dean Brown, age 91, a resident of Fulton, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, August 10, 2022, at the Olathe Medical Center in Olathe, Kan. He was born Oct. 7, 1930, in Uniontown, Kan., the son of Durward “Duke” Brown and Pearl... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 17, 2022 Arthur Carl Hetzke, age 91, Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug., 10, 2022. He was born on Aug. 5, 1931, in Newton, Kan., the son of Arthur and Elizabeth (Breck) Hetzke. He served his country in the United States Air Force... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 17, 2022 William John Adair, Sr., age 74, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Visitation will be held from... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Two of three rodeo horses were killed or had to be put down following an accident early Saturday morning. Undersheriff Bobby Johnson said that rodeo performer Donald Culpepper, Poulan, Ga., had made a make-shift electric fence for his horses at the Linn County Fairgrounds.... [More]
The city of Parker will be contacting Linn County about concrete surfacing assistance at an intersection that receives heavy truck traffic. At last Thursday’s monthly council meeting, Mayor Cody Adams responded to a patron complaint that asphalt surfacing at the intersection... [More]
Approves a change to the tax incentive program The Pleasanton City Council took several policies and policy changes under consideration at their Aug. 15 meeting. The first of these policies is the Neighborhood Culvert Replacement Program (NCRP) which would grant... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Linn County Farm Bureau Association hosted the annual pedal pull for kids age 4 to 12 at the Linn County fairgrounds on the evening of Aug. 12. Trophies were given to the top three pullers in each age group along with the opportunity to compete in the Kansas State Pedal... [More]
Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks fish biologist Don George once again assisted with hosting the annual fishing derby at the Linn County fairgrounds on the morning of Aug. 13. Like in the past, the derby was divided into three age groups, 4-7, 8-10, and 11-16. Awards... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com