Billee Rae West Lee, 84, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014. She was born Jan. 14, 1930, at El Dorado Springs, Mo., the daughter of Earl and Alberta Hazelwood West. She graduated from El Dorado Springs High School in the Class of 1948.
She married her high school sweetheart, Fred Lee, on Oct. 17, 1948. This union lasted 65 years. Billee and Fred owned and operated Lee & Thatch Grocery, Appleton City, Mo.; and Food Fair at Mound City and La Cygne. She was a member of La Cygne Christian Church and the Red Hat Society.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
She is survived by three daughters, Karen Lee Ringgenberg and husband Robert, Denise Lee Debrick and husband Kevin, and Gayle Lee Boone and husband Kenny Dan; a brother, Ken West; and eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Funeral service was held Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014, at the La Cygne Christian Church. Burial was in the Oak Lawn Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to La Cygne Christian Church or Alzheimer’s Foundation. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Linn County News Published Feb. 24, 2021 Ruth Jean Rhynerson, age 96, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Friday, Feb. 19, 2021. She was born on Oct. 8, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., the daughter of Walter “Buck” and Ida Simmons Smith. She graduated from Mound City High... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 24, 2021 Danny Matthew Bryant, age 52, born in Harrisonville, Mo., peacefully passed away at his home on Feb. 9, 2021. Danny leaves behind his parents, Judy Ridge (David) of Mound City, Kan., and Denzil Bryant (Penny, preceded) of Clinton,... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 24, 2021 Lester H. Wurtz, Nampa, Idaho, passed away Feb. 19, 2021, at the Veterans Administration Hospital. He married Gloria Victor Wurtz; she passed many years ago. Lester was born Dec. 6, 1929, at Mound City, Kan., the son of Benjamin... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Evergy Extends Disconnect Moratorium Payment plans and financial assistance available for customers KANSAS CITY, Mo., Feb. 24, 2021 – Evergy will extend its moratorium on service disconnections through May 2. This temporary moratorium includes residential... [More]
La Cygne answers remain in flux on gas index price spike City financial emergency resolution is anticipated
The city of La Cygne, and by extension its natural gas customers, will not know right away the ramifications of last week’s free-market price index spike. In anticipation, however, city leaders were expected to pass a resolution to declare La Cygne’s state of financial... [More]
A special condemnation hearing was held prior to the Pleasanton City Council meeting Tuesday, Feb. 16, to discuss a house owned by Dennis McCarty at 709 Center St. City Codes Officer Sandy Atkisson passed out pictures of the house to the council and said nothing has been done... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
The Prairie View girls’ wrestling team traveled to Anderson County on Feb. 19 to compete in the Girls’ Division II Sub-State tournament. The Buffalos brought four girls to the tournament and the team tied for 15th with Tonganoxie with 25 team points. Baldwin won... [More]
The Jayhawk wrestling team traveled to 3-1A Sub-State competition at Marion on Feb. 20. The Hawks took four wrestlers to the competition and Corbin White was the lone Jayhawk to advance to the State tournament in Hays. As a team Jayhawk tied for 15th with Uniontown... [More]
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming
- 2020 Linn County Fair and Rodeo queen candidates