Charles A. “Charlie” Conley, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, Nov. 21, 2016, at the Prescott Country View.
He was born in Fort Scott, Kan., on Oct. 20, 1947, the son of Earl E. and Anna Mae Stoeckle Conley.
He was a graduate of Pleasanton High School. He served his country in the United States Army during the Vietnam War and was stationed in Germany.
Charlie then went to work as a sprinkler fitter. During his working career he had many business interests which included: Conley Sprinkler, Conley Sales, and farming and ranching.
He was a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Mound City, Linn County Economic Development Committee, Kansas Calvary, Prescott State Bank Board, Sprinkler Fitters Union Local No. 669 and the National Fire Protection Association.
Charlie enjoyed K.U. basketball, playing cards and taking trips to the casino. He enjoyed many things but he had a true love for his family and other children. He always had the time to visit or help someone in need.
He was preceded in death by his parents. Charlie is survived by his wife Linda; two sons, Charlie Conley Jr. and wife Candie, and Brandon Conley and wife Wendy; daughter Tina Wiebelhaus and husband Mike; stepson Frank Meister and wife Catherine; two brothers, Kenny Conley and wife Linda, and Stephen Conley and wife Malinda; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two step grandchildren.
Mass of Christian Burial was held Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Burial was in Sacred Heart Cemetery. Rosary was prayed Monday, Nov. 28, at the Schneider Funeral Home Pleasanton Chapel with visitation following.
The family suggests contributions to the Alzheimers or Diabetes foundations. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Published in the Linn County News Karen Joyce Hughes Kidwell, 73, of Linn Valley, Kan. passed away September 10th at her home. She was born Sept. 9, 1948 in Kansas City, Kan. She was a graduate of Shawnee Mission North High School, Bethany Hospital... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Leota Vondell Burris, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021. She was born in Marceline, Mo., on Aug. 30, 1936, the daughter of Thomas B. and Estel A. Watson Adams. She... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Janet (Brown) Maschino, 64, of rural Pleasanton and Parsons, passed away peacefully at 3:13 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, at her daughter’s home in Erie. Janet’s story starts on March... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
New IRS plan in $3.5 trillion spending package opens consumer checking accounts to federal oversight
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Consumers beware as President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package advances through Congress as much of the cost will come from new oversight on personal checking accounts. The oversight... [More]
Former Cox Motor Co. building, potential site for school By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Entering executive session for data relating to partnerships, the Pleasanton City Council spent 50 minutes discussing a partnership... [More]
A hearing at Linn County District Court for 2019-CR-000210, State of Kansas versus Lonnie Shane Martin, was held Friday afternoon for a no go preliminary where Assistant County Attorney Justin Meeks informed District Judge Terri Johnson that the state was withdrawing... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
It’s been a bumpy start to the 2021 season for Jayhawk-Linn’s football team. A roster with 19 underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) among its 32 members missed both their Aug. 27 home jamboree with Pleasanton and Erie because of COVID-19 and its scheduled... [More]
BY ADAM HOLT LINN COUNTY NEWS email@example.com The Prairie View cross country teams traveled to Fort Scott on Sept. 9 to compete in the Fort Scott Invitational. The Buffalos again performed well as the varsity girls won as a team. Head Coach Marcie Caldwell... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org