Linn County News
Published Dec. 23, 2020
Charlotte L. Querry Grimes, age 70, Garnett, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2020. She was born Nov. 6, 1950, in Ottawa, Kan., the daughter of Clyde and Willa Brumley Querry. She graduated from Parker High School with the Class of 1968. She worked as a janitor for Kansas City Power and Light before retirement. Charlotte was united in marriage to Michael Grimes on June 13, 1997. He preceded her in death on March 2, 2009. She was also preceded in death by her father, Clyde; and two brothers, Rick and Nick Querry.
She was Master of the Cadmus Grange and served as Kansas State Grange Lecturer; a member of Missouri Cattle Women’s Association; and the American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed spending time with her sisters; traveling, antiquing, and going to flea markets. She liked to play cards and was a member of the Canasta Club. Charlotte is survived by a son, Rocky Allen (Tabitha); three daughters, Kristie Jo Clearwater (John), Kerry Akes (James), and Jamie Schomaker (Ron); her mother, Willa Querry; a brother, Bruce Querry; four sisters, Nancy White, Peggy Querry, Connie Kettler, and Shelly Mesecke; and eight grandchildren, Austin, Cole, Tommy, Samantha, Trent, Cody, Ella and Case.
Funeral service was Dec. 22, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel followed by burial in the Cadmus Cemetery. Contributions are suggested to Heritage Park, c/o Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, Kan. 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Dec. 8, 2021 Lawrence “Burt” Burton Holt, 80, of Lenexa, Kan., passed away on Dec. 1, 2021. Burt is survived by his wife, Sandra, and stepson, Curtis (Shelli); son, Dalton (Sherri), grandson, Tyler, and granddaughter,... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 8, 2021 Patricia Pauline (Holt) Ratliff, 79, of Cameron, Mo., passed away Nov. 24, 2021. She was born Aug. 3, 1942, in Kansas City, Kan. She married Clifton Ray Ratliff on March 17, 2001, in Turney, Mo. Patricia is... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Going through bills at their Monday County Commission meeting, the commissioners approved two claims in the amount of $14,409.41 and $318,935.17 but questioned a bill in the amount of $7,500 paid last week to Debrick Truck Line of Paola for shipping an MRAP (Mine-Resistant Ambush... [More]
Republican candidate for state treasurer, state Sen. Caryn Tyson of rural Parker has received national recognition as legislator of the year for her leadership and work on Property Tax Transparency, Senate Bill (SB) 13. Tyson researched and led an effort in Kansas to stop automatic... [More]
Former Pleasanton City Council member Ginger Neal-Cox, 203 E. Fourth St., appeared before the Pleasanton Council Monday evening to inform them of an aggressive dog that bit her daughter in November and asked that the aggressive dog ordinance be stiffened. She said that on Nov.... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton basketball teams started their season on Dec. 3 with a home game against Kansas City Christian (KCC). The girls fed off a good defensive performance to win their game 36-18. KCC was too much for the boys, however, as they lost their game 70-35. The girls’... [More]
Jayhawk-Linn basketball teams lost competitive games in their season openers Friday at Cass-Midway, Mo. How each varsity team reached its final verdict, however, came from a different angle. Down by as many as 12 points halfway through the second quarter, the Lady Jayhawks... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com