Linn County News
Published Oct. 7, 2020
Clifford Lee Howard, age 72, of La Cygne, Kan., died Saturday, Oct. 3, 2020, at his home. Cliff was born Aug. 20, 1948, in Walla Walla, Wash. He was the eldest of three children born to Clifford Marion and Elma Lee (Hazelton) Howard. Cliff grew up in Garland, Kan., where he attended elementary school and Fort Scott High School in Fort Scott, Kan.
At the age of 17, Cliff enlisted into the United States Navy. He was stationed in San Diego, Calif. He served two tours in Vietnam. On June 29, 1968, in Torrance, Calif., Cliff and Alice Marie Ringey were united in marriage. He was honorably discharged in 1969. Together they had three children: Clifford Allen, Treasa and Nathen. They made their home in Linn County.
Cliff was a mechanic, welder and tradesman his whole life. He started working for Johnson Controls, which changed names a couple times before becoming AMCOR. Cliff was a maintenance mechanic for 24 years until retiring in 2010.
In his free time, Cliff enjoyed riding his motorcycle, hunting and fishing. You could always find him tinkering and fabricating. He was a proud veteran. Cliff was a loving husband, father, grandfather and friend.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Judy Brown.
Survivors include his wife of 52 years, Alice, of the home; sons Clifford Allen (Amy) Howard of Kansas City, Mo., and Nathen (Janna) Howard of Louisburg, Kan., and daughter Treasa (Jeff) Weidauer of Le Mars, Iowa; sister Vickie Ramsey of Garland; and six grandchildren, Clifford R. Howard, Kaitlyn (Xavier) Michel, Samantha Weidauer, David (Taylor) Weidauer, Tommy Weidauer and Jackson Howard; along with other family and many friends.
Cliff will be cremated. Memorials are to the Camp Hope sent c/o Camp Hope, P.O. Box 52, Farmington, Mo. 63640.
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Neta Lee Leonard, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. She was born on July 2, 1952, at Lincoln, Kan., the daughter of Dee and Delores Hall Montgomery. Neta was a nurse over the years. She enjoyed doing genealogy,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 George Herbert Eaton, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021. He was born on April 18, 1938, in El Reno, Okla. He graduated from El Reno High School and attended Johnson County Community College obtaining certification... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
City clerk asks in preparation for 2022 mobile home park licenses Broaching whether to contact Linn County or Linn Valley about building-inspector help for upcoming La Cygne mobile home park license renewals dominated the city clerk’s report at the Nov. 17 La... [More]
Defense expects to file motion opposing Dec. 23 Zoom setting A “no return of service” on a subpoena to an alleged crime victim prompted prosecution to request a continuance for a scheduled evidentiary preliminary hearing. At a scheduled half-day go hearing... [More]
Deputy Tanner Ogden joined on a chase initiated by the Garnett Police Department after it crossed county lines on Wednesday, Nov. 24, on the western edge of Linn County. Ogden followed the vehicle, a white van being driven by Daniel R. Evans, on 2200 Road past Iliff then the... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2021 high school football season for the three Linn County schools has concluded, and so it is time to announce the 2021 All County football team. This season was not as successful for the teams as it has been in the past. Both Prairie View and Pleasanton were eliminated... [More]
The 2021 high school football season has concluded, and the three Linn County high school football teams had multiple players make their respective All League football teams. The Prairie View Buffalos had multiple players on this year’s All-Pioneer League team. Colton... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org