Linn County News
Published Nov. 29, 2017
Debbie Mangold, age 62, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Nov. 22, 2017, at her home after an eight-year battle with frontal temporal dementia. She was born on Jan. 12, 1955, at Paola, Kan., the daughter of B.E. and Mary Allman Baxter.
Debbie grew up in the Fontana, Kan., area and graduated from Prairie View High School in the Class of 1973.
She was united in marriage on May 21, 1973, to Rod Mangold at La Cygne, Kan. They became parents to a son, Eric, and her life was devoted to being the best mother ever. She rarely missed anything Eric participated in.
Debbie and Rod operated Mangold’s Market in Pleasanton for 22 years. Debbie never met a stranger and said what she missed most about the market was the customers.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Bill Baxter; and two brothers-in-law, Gordon Davey and Johnny O’Conner.
Debbie is survived by her husband Rod; a son, Eric and wife Allison; two grandchildren, Jameson and Sutton; five sisters, Mary Lou Davey, Sharon Dickerson, Karen Ohlmeir, Nancy O’Conner and Betty Prothe; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, at the La Cygne United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the Oak Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be held 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 29, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory Pleasanton Chapel.
The family suggests contributions to the University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Sept. 28, 2022 James Randel “Randy” Leach, age 58, Mound City, Kan., passed away Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022. He was born in Iola, Kan., on Jan. 15, 1964, the son of James Paul and Sharon Leigh(Henson) Leach. He attended grade school... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 28, 2022 Kristina Dawn Weers-Colin, 42, of Parker, Kan., passed away Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022, at Advent Health Medical Center, Shawnee, Kan. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, at Bucyrus Cemetery, Bucyrus,... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 28, 2022 Norma Jane Johnson Surbaugh, age 80, of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, Sept., 26, 2022, in Louisburg, Kan. She was born the only child of Norman Everett and Alberta Frances Reed Johnson on Jan. 19, 1942, at the Trinity... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The Linn Valley Council was given a few options to think about for their new water system Monday night. Engineer from BG Consultants Paul Owings said there were a couple aspects of the water project they needed to think about including transmission and distribution lines. He... [More]
Ola May Earnest to be Grand Marshal Pleasanton’s annual celebration of the heritage of their city is set for this coming weekend with one evening and two full days of activities. The annual event kicks off on Friday night with a street dance on Main Street... [More]
Annexation for purposes of patrol, drug deterrence Following a public hearing on Monday, Sept. 26, during their regular council meeting and after hearing from two city residents, the Pleasanton council voted 3-1 to approve the annexation of a one and half mile section... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View cross country team hosted the annual Ramsey Invitational on Sept. 22. The Buffalos ran well at the meet and especially the varsity girls’ team as they placed first. Bree Allen continues to win varsity girls’ cross country races. Here she placed... [More]
The Jayhawk-Linn celebrated Homecoming on Sept. 23 by playing district opponent Northern Heights. The Hawks had no problems with Northern Heights as Jayhawk won 64-8. Almost all the Jayhawk scoring was done in the first quarter. Gus Grote scored on the first play of... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com