Linn County News
Published Nov. 29, 2017
Debbie Mangold, age 62, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Nov. 22, 2017, at her home after an eight-year battle with frontal temporal dementia. She was born on Jan. 12, 1955, at Paola, Kan., the daughter of B.E. and Mary Allman Baxter.
Debbie grew up in the Fontana, Kan., area and graduated from Prairie View High School in the Class of 1973.
She was united in marriage on May 21, 1973, to Rod Mangold at La Cygne, Kan. They became parents to a son, Eric, and her life was devoted to being the best mother ever. She rarely missed anything Eric participated in.
Debbie and Rod operated Mangold’s Market in Pleasanton for 22 years. Debbie never met a stranger and said what she missed most about the market was the customers.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Bill Baxter; and two brothers-in-law, Gordon Davey and Johnny O’Conner.
Debbie is survived by her husband Rod; a son, Eric and wife Allison; two grandchildren, Jameson and Sutton; five sisters, Mary Lou Davey, Sharon Dickerson, Karen Ohlmeir, Nancy O’Conner and Betty Prothe; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, at the La Cygne United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the Oak Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be held 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 29, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory Pleasanton Chapel.
The family suggests contributions to the University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Sept. 29, 2021 Robert Jackson Green, age 87, Mound City, Kan., passed away Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021. He was born on April 23, 1934, in Leeton, Mo., the son of Forrest Jackson and Mabel Jane Campbell Green. He served his country... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 22, 2021 Wilhelmina “Billie” Rose Suddock, age 90, of Wichita, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Home Health & Hospice of Kansas. Rosary... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Sept. 22, 2021 Virgil Elmer Spencer, age 82, Mound City, Kansas passed away Friday, Sept.17, 2021. He was born on August 8, 1939 in rural Mound City, Kan. the son of Elmer Allen and Thelma Barker Spencer. ... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
For immediate release: September 22, 2021 On September 21, 2021, The Linn County Sheriff’s Office was given information that a student at Pleasanton USD #344 was bringing a knife to school. Information led Deputies to believe that the student may want to harm others.... [More]
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org After Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend spoke on School Resource Officer (SRO) activity, County Commissioner Jim Johnson commented at their Monday meeting that the commissioners needed to clear... [More]
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Continuing their discussion concerning annexation at their Monday meeting, the City Council spoke of Pleasanton resident Kimberly Campbell’s request for voluntary annexation... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@yahoo.com After losing their first three games, including by 30-6 at Uniontown last Friday, Pleasanton’s Blu-Jays will be looking to score first when they host Troy at 7 p.m. this Friday in a non-district matchup. “We... [More]
LINN COUNTY NEWS firstname.lastname@example.org The Prairie View football team continues to perform at a high level as they hosted Parsons on Sept. 17. The Buffalos took control of the game early on both sides of the ball, which led to an eventual 38-14 victory.... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com