Linn County News
Published May 20, 2020
Diane Jackson, age 66, Mound City, Kan., passed at home on Tuesday, May 12, 2020, after a lengthy illness. She was born on Feb. 13, 1954, in Garnett, Kan., to Betty Jean (Simpson) Jackson and Byron Dale "Hap" Jackson. She was one of the last graduating classes of Blue Mound High School in 1972.
She was married to Ed Maloney in 1976. The marriage ended in divorce 14 1/2 years later. She has one surviving daughter, Rachel Yvonn Jackson, born March 20, 1991.
Diane always had jobs ranging from babysitting for 10 years when she was married to being a meat wrapper for Butcher Block under two different owners. She worked for Casey's for seven years and was a housekeeper under two different managements at Crystal Care Nursing Home. She worked for Prairie Farms Dried Florals under two different managements until their closing. She worked a short time at the cement plant in Mound City, as well as a brief stint at Wes' Recycling. After that she worked at Mound City Food Fair, and her final job before retirement was at Harlow Oil Co. She had many loves in her life, between her daughter, listening to The Wolf radio station, and making her own arrangements for Memorial Day, as well as harassing all her customers and friends from all walks of life.
She is preceded in death by her parents, Betty and Hap Jackson; and a brother, Dale W. Jackson.
Diane is survived by her daughter, Rachel Yvonn Jackson; sister-in-law Alicia Jackson; three nieces, Gretchen (Les) Magee, Meaghan (Matt) Russell and Caitlin (Zach) Wisely; and many cousins. She was deeply loved and will be sorely missed.
A Celebration of Life will be held from noon-2 p.m. Saturday, May 30, 2020, at the Mound City Amphitheater.
Contributions are suggested to the Diane Jackson Memorial Fund, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Linda Lee Ross 08-30-1941 to 05-28-2020
- Darlene McCoy 02-05-1929 to 05-27-2020
- Leslie Dell “L.D.” Murray 10-12-1926 to 05-25-2020
- Doris Louise (Dresker) Phillips 10-03-1922 to 05-15-2020
- John Russell Baucom 09-04-1953 to 04-24-2020
- Harriet E. Stanley 12-27-1947 to 05-08-2020
- Nancy Doreen Brindle 02-26-1954 to 04-21-2020
- Jason Walker “Jake” McCullough 06-25-1975 to 05-03-2020
Holding a special meeting Thursday, May 21, the County Commissioners discussed the Linn County Justice Center and the cost the construction management team River City Construction came up with after receiving electrical bids. After a large increase in electrical bids, the commissioners... [More]
The County Commission and the Local Health Officer of Linn County, Kan., were recently the defendants in a Federal Lawsuit initiated by two Linn County residents and the Kansas Justice Institute, a law firm heavily involved in seeking out publicity through taking on high... [More]
Allen resigns Public Health Officer position By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Following the lockdown of Linn County earlier in March due to COVID-19 and subsequent orders to continue the stay-at-home orders by the governor and local authorities... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
It is prime fishing time so let’s look at the KDWPT fishing reports for Linn County. La Cygne Reservoir Currently channel, blue and flathead catfishing is good at La Cygne. The fish are being caught on sunfish, cut shad, worms, prepared baits and livers.... [More]
The Lady Jays had a rough season last year and only won a couple of games. They were also eliminated in the first round of their regional tournament. However, this season the girls were hoping to make some improvements to put them in a better spot, but they did not get... [More]
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round