Donna Jean Holdridge, a resident of Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, March 25, 2015, at her home surrounded by her loving family. She was born April 23, 1940, to Gladys and Ephrium Kepley. She graduated from Highland High School in Albuquerque, N.M. She graduated from the School of Cosmetology Albuquerque.
After moving to Fort Scott, Kan., in 1968, she worked 17 years for Mercy Health Systems of Kansas before retiring. She enjoyed spending time with all of her family, watching movies on her computer, and going to the Casino.
Survivors include her husband, Roy Cole Holdridge Jr. of the home; one daughter, “Missie” (Michaele Holdridge) Tillotson and husband Shawn; two sons, Roy Cole Holdridge IV and wife Julie, Redfield, Kan., Ronald E. Holdridge and wife Lora, Fort Scott; three grandsons, Dane Cagle, Kansas City, Mo., Lucas Holdridge, Redfield and Daniel Holdridge, Fort Scott; two granddaughters, Ronaele Cagle, Pleasanton, Kan., and Jennifer Menser-Roberts, Fort Scott; and many great-grandchildren whom she loved and cherished.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Ephrium and Gladys Kepley; two sisters, Carolyn K. Canon and Wilma Gamble; and one daughter, Ronaele Holdridge.
Rev. Anne Williams (The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection) conducted a celebration of her life Saturday, March 28, at the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S. Main St., Fort Scott, Kan. Memorials are suggested to Gentiva Hospice and may be left in the care of Cheney Witt Chapel, PO Box 347, Fort Scott, KS 66701. Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online celebration wall at cheneywitt.com.
Linn County News Published December 6, 2023 Robert W. VanWinkle, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Friday, Dec. 1, 2023. A service to celebrate Bob’s life will be announced at a later date. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. ... [More]
Linn County News Published December 6, 2023 Jolene Moriconi, 87, of Lawrence, Kan., formerly of Paola, Kan., and Frontenac, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023, at home surrounded by family. She was born May 24, 1936, in Frontenac, Kan., the daughter of... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 6, 2023 Perle David Patrick Jr., age 67, Osawatomie, Kan., passed away Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023. Funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Burial... [More]
- Larry Wayne Miller ~ 01-21-1958 to 11-06-2023
- Vernon Earl McGee ~ 10-07-1945 to 11-07-2023
- Vicki A. Capp ~ 08-08-1954 to 11-06-2023
- Marcia D. Mathes ~ 03-31-1947 to 11-09-2023
- Joyce Elaine Hewitt (née Terry) ~ 03-26-1941 to 11-01-2023
- Edward Lee “Butch” Samyn ~ 11-28-1947 to 11-07-2023
- Gary John Hald ~ 01-19-1946 to 11-02-2023
- Neal DeWayne Peterson ~ 03-05-1946 to 10-03-2023
During the weekly meeting of the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, Dec. 4, Rich Morrell and Charlene Sims with the Linn County Planning Commission each addressed the commissioners in regard to the moratorium and the request to create a committee to work on Section 14. ... [More]
Linn County Clerk David Lamb presented the commissioners with documents to be signed by the commission chair during their weekly meeting on Monday, Dec. 4, in regard to the bond sale last Wednesday to refinance a portion of the original bond for the jail project. Lamb... [More]
Linn County Public Works Director Shaun West noted he had reached out to the fiber installers south of the power plant in reference to questions the commissioners had concerning undone road work. West stated he learned the connection comes into the project from the west and moves... [More]
- Commissioners approve resolution on one-year moratorium on commercial solar farms
- USD 362 to seek more 4-day week info
- Commissioners approve resolution for bond refinance
- Commissioners vote 2-1 for one year moratorium on solar farms
- Linn County Planning and Zoning meeting leads to moratorium request for Commissioners
- Kansas Senator speaks on ills of green energy
- Election canvass held Nov. 20, abstract approved
- Thanksgiving events
The Pleasanton basketball team hosted their home opener against Kansas City Christian (KCC) on Dec. 1. The Jays split the varsity games with the girls falling in their game 20-29 and the boys winning big in their game, 78-44. The girls’ game started well as the Lady... [More]
Sophomore Brea Dawson scored 12 of her game-high 18 points in the fourth quarter, paving the way for Jayhawk Linn’s girls to claim a 43-38 season-opening win at Cass-Midway, Mo., Friday night. Despite a game-high 23 points from junior Braeden Nation, the ‘Hawk boys... [More]
- Prairie View wrestling competes at Steve Leslie Invitational
- 2023 All Linn County high school football team
- Miami teams split season openers
- Jayhawk and Pleasanton football are well represented in the 2023 TRL All League
- Prairie View football has seven players make Pioneer All League
- Prairie View football ends season against Parsons
- Jayhawk 8-2 season mirrors 2022 campaign
- Prairie View routs Baxter Springs in first round of the playoffs
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com