Donna Jean Holdridge, a resident of Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, March 25, 2015, at her home surrounded by her loving family. She was born April 23, 1940, to Gladys and Ephrium Kepley. She graduated from Highland High School in Albuquerque, N.M. She graduated from the School of Cosmetology Albuquerque.
After moving to Fort Scott, Kan., in 1968, she worked 17 years for Mercy Health Systems of Kansas before retiring. She enjoyed spending time with all of her family, watching movies on her computer, and going to the Casino.
Survivors include her husband, Roy Cole Holdridge Jr. of the home; one daughter, “Missie” (Michaele Holdridge) Tillotson and husband Shawn; two sons, Roy Cole Holdridge IV and wife Julie, Redfield, Kan., Ronald E. Holdridge and wife Lora, Fort Scott; three grandsons, Dane Cagle, Kansas City, Mo., Lucas Holdridge, Redfield and Daniel Holdridge, Fort Scott; two granddaughters, Ronaele Cagle, Pleasanton, Kan., and Jennifer Menser-Roberts, Fort Scott; and many great-grandchildren whom she loved and cherished.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Ephrium and Gladys Kepley; two sisters, Carolyn K. Canon and Wilma Gamble; and one daughter, Ronaele Holdridge.
Rev. Anne Williams (The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection) conducted a celebration of her life Saturday, March 28, at the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S. Main St., Fort Scott, Kan. Memorials are suggested to Gentiva Hospice and may be left in the care of Cheney Witt Chapel, PO Box 347, Fort Scott, KS 66701. Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online celebration wall at cheneywitt.com.
Linn County News Published November 30, 2022 Mildred Irene Brandt, age 83, of Miami, Okla., formerly of Parker, Kan., passed away Nov. 21, 2022, at Integris Hospital, Miami, Okla. Irene was born Aug. 6, 1939, in Kansas, the daughter of Otis and Josephine (Ingram) Diehm.... [More]
Linn County News Published November 23, 2022 Christina A. Creighton Turner, 84, passed away Nov. 19, 2022. She was born Dec. 8, 1937 in Centerville, Kan., to Eva Shafer and Roy Bowman. On Dec. 18, 1955, she married John Creighton; they had four children together before his... [More]
Linn County News Published November 16, 2022 Edgar Wayne Moon, age 82 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away at his home on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022. He was born the son of Chester and Evelyn (Van Liew) Moon on Aug. 14, 1940, in Lawrence, Kan. Edgar married Betty Talley on... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Request options be brought to next meeting During the meeting on Monday, Nov. 28, Linn County Commissioners heard from Landfill Manager Al Doan regarding multiple issues with the Solid Waste Department ranging from the current contract with Arcadia for hauling from... [More]
The Pleasanton City Council reviewed and approved a new trespass policy as provided by City Attorney Burton Harding during the Nov. 28 meeting. The policy sets out parameters for what is considered to be trespassing, as well as appropriate reactions. It notes specifically... [More]
Market Street is a proposed path between La Cygne coal, Wolf Creek nuclear plants Representatives from a Kansas City engineering firm last week presented plans for an Evergy underground conduit-cased fiber optics cable preliminarily proposed to run through La Cygne.... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The 2022 high school football season concluded and it is time for the annual All Linn County football team. The team is decided by stats and watching the boys play. I also try to make the number of boys between schools as even as I can. This season was tough in deciding as... [More]
Ten days prior to their Linn County state border counterparts (including Valentine’s Day opponent Pleasanton), Hume began another promising basketball season Nov. 22 with a split decision at Appleton City. The Lady Hornets outscored their hosts in the first three quarters,... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org