Linn County News
Published Aug. 1, 2018
Dorothy C. Baston Troth, 88, of Pittsburg, Kan., formerly of Pleasanton, died Thursday, July 26, 2018, at Via Christi Village in Pittsburg. Dorothy was born Aug. 12, 1929, in Farlinville, Kan., to Floyd and Estella (Holt) Baston. She attended grade school at Walnut Grove and graduated from Mound City High School in 1947.
On Dec. 24, 1946, she married William Kenneth Troth. They lived in Mound City until moving to Pleasanton in 1953 where she raised her family.
Dorothy worked at Smith Rexall Drug Store and then for nine years at Craw-Kan Telephone before the office closed. In her later years she worked at Pleasanton School in the lunch room.
Dorothy was a member of the First Christian Church in Pleasanton and attended the First Christian Church in Pittsburg for the last four years. Dorothy enjoyed making quilts and knitting. She and Kenneth and the family sold fireworks for 55 years in Pleasanton.
Dorothy was preceded in death by her husband of 67 years Kenneth Troth on Jan. 7, 2014; her parents; one daughter, Phyllis Elaine Troth; five brothers, Lavern, Russell, Charles, Chester and Leslie Baston.
Survivors include one son and his wife, Mike and Pauline Troth of Pittsburg; one daughter and her husband, Regina and Edwin Reed of Nevada, Mo.; four grandchildren, Matthew Troth and wife Marissa, and Melissa Bugni and husband Chad, all of Pittsburg, and Ashley Reed and Haley Reed, both of Nevada; six great grandchildren, Bryce, Chase and Nolan Bugni and Magnolia and Marigold Troth, all of Pittsburg, and Aiden Reed of Nevada; one sister, Ione Pearson of Indiana; and her brother-in-law, Raimond Troth of Mound City, Kan.
Funeral service was held on Monday, July 30, 2018, at the Pleasanton First Christian Church.
The family suggests contributions to either the First Christian Church of Pleasanton or the First Christian Church of Pittsburg in care of the funeral home, PO Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Neta Lee Leonard, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. She was born on July 2, 1952, at Lincoln, Kan., the daughter of Dee and Delores Hall Montgomery. Neta was a nurse over the years. She enjoyed doing genealogy,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 George Herbert Eaton, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021. He was born on April 18, 1938, in El Reno, Okla. He graduated from El Reno High School and attended Johnson County Community College obtaining certification... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
City clerk asks in preparation for 2022 mobile home park licenses Broaching whether to contact Linn County or Linn Valley about building-inspector help for upcoming La Cygne mobile home park license renewals dominated the city clerk’s report at the Nov. 17 La... [More]
Defense expects to file motion opposing Dec. 23 Zoom setting A “no return of service” on a subpoena to an alleged crime victim prompted prosecution to request a continuance for a scheduled evidentiary preliminary hearing. At a scheduled half-day go hearing... [More]
Deputy Tanner Ogden joined on a chase initiated by the Garnett Police Department after it crossed county lines on Wednesday, Nov. 24, on the western edge of Linn County. Ogden followed the vehicle, a white van being driven by Daniel R. Evans, on 2200 Road past Iliff then the... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2021 high school football season for the three Linn County schools has concluded, and so it is time to announce the 2021 All County football team. This season was not as successful for the teams as it has been in the past. Both Prairie View and Pleasanton were eliminated... [More]
The 2021 high school football season has concluded, and the three Linn County high school football teams had multiple players make their respective All League football teams. The Prairie View Buffalos had multiple players on this year’s All-Pioneer League team. Colton... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org