Duane Robert Kintigh, the third son of Clarence and Nettie (Jurey) Kintigh, was born March 13, 1926, at the Norton Hospital, Norton, Kan. He was named Robert Duane but had always been called by his middle name, Duane. He passed away Sept.19, 2015, at the Brodstone Memorial Hospital in Superior, Neb., at the age of 89 years, 6 months, 16 days.
Growing up, he attended school in Norton, Kan. He served in the Army Air Corp for 18 months. Enroute home on the train to Norton after his discharge from the service, he met his future wife who was returning from a visit to some friends in Iowa. After some time of courting, Duane and Vivian Bouray were married July 20, 1947. They lived in the Hardy, Neb., area and were engaged in farming until retirement. They had five children: their first born son, Robert Duane died in infancy in 1949; Sharon Marie (Bearley) born in 1950 and died in 2014; Michael Ray born in 1951; Debora Ann (Staton) born in 1953; and Roger Linn born in 1954.
They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in July 1997.
He is preceded in death by his parents; wife Vivian in February of 2000; infant son Robert Duane Kintigh; daughter Sharon Bearley; grandson Michael Anthony Kintigh; and brother Clair Kintigh.
He is survived by his children Michael of Fairview, Kan.; daughter Debora Staton and husband Doug of Pleasanton, Kan.; and Roger and wife Jeanine of Webber, Kan.; son-in-law Robert Bearley of Kensington, Kan.; 10 grandchildren, Bobby Bearley and wife Julie, Crystal Bearley and husband Sean Knox, Justin Bearley and wife Lori, Brianne Kintigh, Ryan Kintigh and wife Kayla, Jennifer Umphenour and husband Eric, Sara Russell and husband Luke, Jason Kintigh and wife Melissa, Bryce Kintigh, and Allison Kintigh; 16 great-grandchildren, Aubrey, Ethan and Elijah Bearley, Addison, Emmerson and Jackson Bearley, Braelyn Kintigh, Kori, Kara, and Kali Umphenour, Kyle, Kala, and Kane Russell, Gavin, Zachary and Holley Kintigh; one sister Lula Hix of Phoenix, Ariz., and one brother Cletus Kintigh, Lyons, Kan.; nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends.
Funeral services were held Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015, at Megrue-Price Funeral Home in Superior, Neb., with Pastor David Johnson officiating. After the service the Honor Guard folded and presented the flag to his family.
Music was “Amazing Grace” and “Daddy’s Hands” with Carlita Price as the organist and Stephanie Thayer as the soloist.
Private family inurnment will be held at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery at Superior, Neb.
Memorials are suggested to go to Hardy or Superior Volunteer Fire Departments.
Condolences may be sent to Megrue-Price Funeral Home, 750 N Commercial, Superior, Nebraska 68978 or in care of www.pricefuneralhomes.com.
Megrue-Price Funeral Home of Superior, Nebraska was in charge of the arrangements.
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Larry Sumners, age 68, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Monday, Aug. 1, 2022, at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Laurence A. Sumners was born on Aug. 16, 1953, at McPherson,... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 It is with great sadness to announce the passing of Michael Ekkehard Reinsch, a beloved brother, father, uncle and grandfather. Michael passed away on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at Augusta University Medical Center. Michael... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Rosetta May Beard, age 99, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022. Graveside funeral service will be 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 8, at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, La Cygne, Kan. Memorial contributions are suggested... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Following the governor’s recent approval of legislation created to show when taxing entities are increasing mill levies, additional costs to taxpayers are coming to the forefront, despite some holding taxes to the same level using revenue neutral rates. Kansaspolicy.org... [More]
Following opening statements at Monday’s Pleasanton City Council meeting, public speaker Mike Higgins took the podium and told the council that he was talking to former Olive’s Hope building owner Brandon McGinnis concerning the sale of the building to a family that... [More]
Two of the county departments geared toward public safety are now under new direction. Missy Lancaster took over the Linn County Health Department as well as the position of Public Health Officer in November of last year and has made a few changes to the department since... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
Linn County has a new competitive softball team, Total Effect Softball, which will be based out of Mound City. Jayhawk-Linn head softball coach Kris Holt started the team and will be the head coach of Total Effect. Holt had multiple reasons on why he wanted to start a competitive... [More]
Fishing has slowed down since the last reports on June 27, but fish are still being caught and can be even better in the coming weeks with some cooler weather and more rain. All the reports were last updated on July 18. La Cygne Lake Catfish, largemouth and crappie are the... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com