Duane Robert Kintigh, the third son of Clarence and Nettie (Jurey) Kintigh, was born March 13, 1926, at the Norton Hospital, Norton, Kan. He was named Robert Duane but had always been called by his middle name, Duane. He passed away Sept.19, 2015, at the Brodstone Memorial Hospital in Superior, Neb., at the age of 89 years, 6 months, 16 days.
Growing up, he attended school in Norton, Kan. He served in the Army Air Corp for 18 months. Enroute home on the train to Norton after his discharge from the service, he met his future wife who was returning from a visit to some friends in Iowa. After some time of courting, Duane and Vivian Bouray were married July 20, 1947. They lived in the Hardy, Neb., area and were engaged in farming until retirement. They had five children: their first born son, Robert Duane died in infancy in 1949; Sharon Marie (Bearley) born in 1950 and died in 2014; Michael Ray born in 1951; Debora Ann (Staton) born in 1953; and Roger Linn born in 1954.
They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in July 1997.
He is preceded in death by his parents; wife Vivian in February of 2000; infant son Robert Duane Kintigh; daughter Sharon Bearley; grandson Michael Anthony Kintigh; and brother Clair Kintigh.
He is survived by his children Michael of Fairview, Kan.; daughter Debora Staton and husband Doug of Pleasanton, Kan.; and Roger and wife Jeanine of Webber, Kan.; son-in-law Robert Bearley of Kensington, Kan.; 10 grandchildren, Bobby Bearley and wife Julie, Crystal Bearley and husband Sean Knox, Justin Bearley and wife Lori, Brianne Kintigh, Ryan Kintigh and wife Kayla, Jennifer Umphenour and husband Eric, Sara Russell and husband Luke, Jason Kintigh and wife Melissa, Bryce Kintigh, and Allison Kintigh; 16 great-grandchildren, Aubrey, Ethan and Elijah Bearley, Addison, Emmerson and Jackson Bearley, Braelyn Kintigh, Kori, Kara, and Kali Umphenour, Kyle, Kala, and Kane Russell, Gavin, Zachary and Holley Kintigh; one sister Lula Hix of Phoenix, Ariz., and one brother Cletus Kintigh, Lyons, Kan.; nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends.
Funeral services were held Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015, at Megrue-Price Funeral Home in Superior, Neb., with Pastor David Johnson officiating. After the service the Honor Guard folded and presented the flag to his family.
Music was “Amazing Grace” and “Daddy’s Hands” with Carlita Price as the organist and Stephanie Thayer as the soloist.
Private family inurnment will be held at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery at Superior, Neb.
Memorials are suggested to go to Hardy or Superior Volunteer Fire Departments.
Condolences may be sent to Megrue-Price Funeral Home, 750 N Commercial, Superior, Nebraska 68978 or in care of www.pricefuneralhomes.com.
Megrue-Price Funeral Home of Superior, Nebraska was in charge of the arrangements.
Linn County News Published Sept. 22, 2021 Wilhelmina “Billie” Rose Suddock, age 90, of Wichita, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Home Health & Hospice of Kansas. Rosary... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Sept. 22, 2021 Virgil Elmer Spencer, age 82, Mound City, Kansas passed away Friday, Sept.17, 2021. He was born on August 8, 1939 in rural Mound City, Kan. the son of Elmer Allen and Thelma Barker Spencer. ... [More]
Troy E. Mitchell, age 87, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away in Overland Park, Kan.on Friday, Sept. 17, 2021. Troy was born the son of Jesse James and Naomi Folsom Mitchell on June 23, 1934 in Kansas City, Kan. He married Ruby Venable on October 4, 1951... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
For immediate release: September 22, 2021 On September 21, 2021, The Linn County Sheriff’s Office was given information that a student at Pleasanton USD #344 was bringing a knife to school. Information led Deputies to believe that the student may want to harm others.... [More]
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org After Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend spoke on School Resource Officer (SRO) activity, County Commissioner Jim Johnson commented at their Monday meeting that the commissioners needed to clear... [More]
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Continuing their discussion concerning annexation at their Monday meeting, the City Council spoke of Pleasanton resident Kimberly Campbell’s request for voluntary annexation... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@yahoo.com After losing their first three games, including by 30-6 at Uniontown last Friday, Pleasanton’s Blu-Jays will be looking to score first when they host Troy at 7 p.m. this Friday in a non-district matchup. “We... [More]
LINN COUNTY NEWS firstname.lastname@example.org The Prairie View football team continues to perform at a high level as they hosted Parsons on Sept. 17. The Buffalos took control of the game early on both sides of the ball, which led to an eventual 38-14 victory.... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com