Linn County News
Published June 9, 2021
Dwayne Allen Broyles, 73, Blue Mound, Kan., died on Monday, May 31, 2021, at Olathe Medical Center, Olathe, Kan. Dwayne was born Oct. 16, 1947, to Allen Elbert and Wilma Ferrel (Hull) Broyles. He graduated from Blue Mound High School with the Class of 1965. On Nov. 13, 1966, he married Regina Ball. Dwayne was a passionate life-long farmer, winning the Conservation Award in 1992 and the Bankers Continuation Award in 2017. He was well known for his beautiful vegetable garden. His family and fishing were the joys of his life. Dwayne was a member of the Blue Mound Federated Church.
Dwayne was preceded in death by his father, Allen; one daughter, Lori Sue; one brother, Kevin; and one sister, Phyllis.
Survivors include his wife, Regina; one son, Robert Dwayne Broyles (Treva); two daughters, Lisa Ann Avery (Mike) and Jessica Lynn Ungeheuer (Wesley); his mother, Wilma Broyles; one brother, Terry Broyles (Jackie); two sisters, Beverly Harvey (Raymond) and Barbi Savage (Kenny); sister-in-law, Connie Broyles; brother-in-law, Kenny Wilbert; eight grandsons, Jarod (Maxie) and Tommy Avery, Justin (Ali Russell), Jacob, and Jarret Ungeheuer, Hayden, Trenton, and Ryan Broyles; three granddaughters, Grace Broyles (Trent Latta), and Jordan and Jessa Ungeheuer; two great-grandchildren, Paden Avery and Aliyah Ungeheuer.
A funeral service for Dwayne will be at 2 p.m. on Friday, June 4, 2021, at Blue Mound Federated Church. A visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 3, 2021, at Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial will be in Sunny Slope Cemetery, Blue Mound, Kan. The family suggests contributions to Blue Moon Youth Center, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, PO Box J, Mound City, Kan. 66056.
Friends and family may leave online condolences at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published June 23, 2021 Adeline Joy Weien, infant daughter of Cody Weien and Jennifer Younger of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Sunday June 13, 2021. She was born on Dec. 30, 2020, in Overland Park, Kan. She was preceded in death... [More]
Linn County News Published June 16, 2021 Robert Dale Hopkins, age 71, Prescott, Kan., passed away on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Graveside service will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, June 19, 2021 at the Prescott Cemetery. Contributions are suggested to Disabled... [More]
Linn County News Published June 16, 2021 David R. Jackson, age 81, of rural La Cygne, Kan., passed away suddenly at his home Thursday, June 10, 2021. He had been in ill health the past few months. David was born Aug. 11, 1939, in La Cygne... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Friday, June 11 started off like a typical late spring day but once afternoon hit, it was no typical day. Blue Mound experienced what locals estimated to be 80 to 90 mph straight-line winds, four to six inches of rain in 20 minutes and the ensuing damage created from the quick... [More]
Linn County Commissioner Rick James announced during the meeting of the county commissioners on Monday, June 14 that he had spoken with Larry Goldberg of the Goldberg Group in regards to the $196,000 change order that had been discussed at several meetings. Change Order No.... [More]
Parker city leaders are scheduled to decide at next month’s 7 p.m. July 8 meeting their plan for chip seal maintenance of city streets. At their monthly meeting last Thursday, Mayor Cody Adams said two factors need to be decided prior to next month’s meeting, the... [More]
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
Once again the Linn County high schools had a good track season and each school sent multiple athletes to the State track meet in Wichita. In this article we will look at some of the top high school track athletes from Pleasanton, Prairie View and Jayhawk-Linn. Isaiah Bates... [More]
In Linn County high school sports there are several teams that stand out. The track and wrestling teams usually send multiple people to State. Both Prairie View softball and Jayhawk softball have been very good the past few seasons, and the football teams have had some good years,... [More]
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley