Linn County News
Published Aug. 5, 2020
Elynor Ann (Watson) Miller died peacefully in her home in Overland Park, Aug. 2, 2020. Born Aug. 28, 1924, in Bloomington, Ill., she lived with her sisters, Bettie Jean (Radabuagh) and Jan (Hons), and parents Lynn (Rip) and Leona (Moms, Abbey) Watson.
Elynor married Raymond (Ray) Herbert Miller (deceased, Aug. 2, 2002) Dec. 21, 1946, upon his return from Naval duty in World War II. Being a lifetime member of Beta Sigma Phi (BSP), as well as Quilter’s Guilds at her churches and the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) for over 70 years, kept her active.
Living in Battle Creek, Mich.; Houlton, Maine, and Marquette, Mich., the family loved the winter settings, with two children born in each state. Moving to Park Forest, Ill., Elynor worked as a loving homemaker and secretary for Wilson Sporting Goods.
Moving to Overland Park, Kan., Elynor kept busy with church work at Faith Lutheran, quilting, DAR and BSP. A short stint in Marshall, Texas, saw the family move back to Olathe, Kan. Elynor worked at Kemper Insurance moving up to lead secretary in her division. She always fancied taking the stairs to aid her fitness, convincing fellow employees to do the same.
Retirement was enjoyed at Sugar Valley outside of Mound City, Kan., where they quickly integrated into the community aiding any way they could. Elynor participated in many community activities including the fair and quilting as well as work with the Historical Society. They enjoyed the serene pace of life and fondly remembered all of their friends.
She is survived by three of her four children, Margaret (Peggy) Ann Peryam (Kenneth F. Peryam, deceased), Rebecca (Becky) Leona Meyer (Karl F. Meyer), and Lynn Edward Miller (Caren A. Miller); as well as nine grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by Ray; daughter Patricia (Trish) Jean Provo; Trish’s husband Roland; and sisters BJ and Jan and their husbands.
Cremation will be followed by internment next to her husband at Oaklawn Memorial Gardens. Services are Thursday, Aug. 6, Johnson County Funeral Chapel. The service will be available online at the funeral website, under her obituary page. Elynor requested donations to the American Heart Association as a memorial.
Linn County News Published Jan. 27, 2021 John William Frazee, age 90, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021. He was born on March 1, 1930, in Hickman Mills, Mo., the son of John M. and Beulah M. Tull Frazee. He worked as a very accomplished... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 27, 2021 Shirley Naoma Bennett 85, of Bolivar, Mo., peacefully passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021, at CMH in Bolivar, Mo. She leaves behind her husband of 60 years, John W. Bennett; three children, Gary R. Bennett (Paula) of... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 27, 2021 Wayne Dean Clay, age 69, DeSoto, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021. Graveside funeral service will be 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 23, at the Pleasanton Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 1 p.m. until... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
- Adelaide Helen Greene 10-22-1942 to 07-28-2020
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) plans to start work on a sidewalk project at Pleasanton on Tuesday, Jan. 19, weather permitting. New sidewalks will be constructed at the following locations: *Ash Street, from 15th Street north to West 10th Street. *West 10th... [More]
Says his position is part-time; hires paralegal Newly elected County Attorney Burton Harding told commissioners it had been a “whirlwind first week,” and noted that with over 200 cases set for this week alone he is working on clearing up some of the load.... [More]
The Silver Haired Legislature elections will be held on March 17, 2021. Linn County currently has no representative. The East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging is seeking individuals who are age 60 and over in Linn County to run for this position. Information on the role and... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
The Jayhawk wrestling team traveled to Uniontown on Jan. 12 to compete in a six team dual for the Three Rivers League championship. The six teams involved in the dual were Three Rivers’ members Jayhawk-Linn, Southeast Cherokee and Uniontown. The three other teams Burden... [More]
The Pleasanton girls’ basketball team traveled to Jayhawk-Linn on Jan. 12 to face the Lady Hawks in league competition. Both teams battled in a low scoring game but it was the Lady Jays who came out on top, 32-25. The game started with Pleasanton having an 11-4 first... [More]
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming
- 2020 Linn County Fair and Rodeo queen candidates