Frances Illene Kettler, age 85, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Monday, Jan. 16, 2017, at the Olathe Medical Center. She was born on March 24, 1931, at Jingo, Kan., the daughter of Harold LeRoy and Ruby Frances Driskell Mendenhall. She graduated from La Cygne High School in the Class of 1949.
Illene married Norman Kettler on March 11, 1951. He preceded her in death on March 9, 2016.
She worked on their dairy farm until becoming a beautician in the mid-1980s. She was a member of the New Lancaster United Methodist Church and the United Methodist Women and EHU, and enjoyed attending the La Cygne Alumni.
She was also preceded in death by a sister, Maxine Maris.
Illene is survived by two sons, Randy Kettler and wife Treva, and Kevin Kettler and wife Connie; a brother, Eugene Mendenhall and wife Loree; and 13 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 20, 2017, at the New Lancaster United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the New Lancaster Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 5- 7 p.m. Thursday at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
The family suggests contributions to La Cygne Alumni, New Lancaster Methodist Church or Prairie View FFA. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Linn County News Published Nov. 29, 2023 Larry Wayne Miller, age 65 of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away, Sunday, Nov. 26, 2023, in Fort Scott, Kan. A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 22, 2023 Vernon Earl McGee, 78, resident of Wichita, Kan., passed away at St. Francis Via Christi Hospital on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023. He was born at home in Goodrich, Kan., on Oct. 7, 1945, to Earl J. McGee and Jennie Irene (Adams)... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 15, 2023 Vicki A. Capp, age 69 of Mapleton, Kan., passed away on Monday, Nov. 6, 2023, at the Olathe Hospice House. She was born the daughter of Frank E. and Claudeane (Shaw) Craig on Aug. 8, 1954, at Fort Lewis, Wash. ... [More]
- Marcia D. Mathes ~ 03-31-1947 to 11-09-2023
- Joyce Elaine Hewitt (née Terry) ~ 03-26-1941 to 11-01-2023
- Edward Lee “Butch” Samyn ~ 11-28-1947 to 11-07-2023
- Gary John Hald ~ 01-19-1946 to 11-02-2023
- Neal DeWayne Peterson ~ 03-05-1946 to 10-03-2023
- Albert Leroy â€œLeeâ€ Wright ~ 11-24-1938 to 10-20-2023
- Ruth Royer Funk Slover ~ 12-11-1937 â€“ 10-26-2023
- James Roger Jagow ~ 12-31-1927 to 10-22-2023
During the Nov. 27 meeting of the Linn County Commissioners, County Counselor Gary Thompson requested a 15-minute executive session for legal matters to review the resolution he had drafted, in response to and to set in place, the moratorium that was decided on by a 2-1 vote... [More]
At the direction of its board of education, Unified School District 362 administration will be seeking information from school districts now utilizing a four-day school week. Hearing at the board’s regular monthly meeting Nov. 21 that most districts using the four-day... [More]
Joey McLiney with McLiney and Co., a division of SAMCO Capital, spoke to commissioners on Monday, Nov. 27, noting they are ready to go public on the sale of the bond refinance that was previously approved by commissioners. McLiney noted that they had been waiting to do so in... [More]
- Commissioners vote 2-1 for one year moratorium on solar farms
- Linn County Planning and Zoning meeting leads to moratorium request for Commissioners
- Kansas Senator speaks on ills of green energy
- Election canvass held Nov. 20, abstract approved
- Thanksgiving events
- Commissioners revisited on possible homeless shelter
- Motorcycle group pulls out of Pleasanton
- Linn Valley council stymied after mayor resigns
The high school football season has concluded and it is time for this year’s All County high school football team. This year there were plenty of good players to choose from as all three local teams, Pleasanton, Jayhawk Linn, and Prairie View, had winning seasons. ... [More]
The start of the competitive basketball season is still more than a week away for the three Linn County schools, but across the Missouri state line, the Miami girls’ squad has already equaled its on-court victory total from last year. Rebuffing a Hermitage second-half... [More]
- Prairie View football has seven players make Pioneer All League
- Prairie View football ends season against Parsons
- Jayhawk 8-2 season mirrors 2022 campaign
- Prairie View routs Baxter Springs in first round of the playoffs
- Allen is 3A State runner-up
- Jays finish season, lose at bi-district
- Champlin competes at 2A State cross country
- Blu-Jays secure winning campaign
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com