Linn County News
Published Nov. 16, 2016
Francies Campbell, age 88, Prescott, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016, at Prescott Country View. She was born near Hepler, Kan., on March 23, 1928, the daughter of John and Mary Olive Wilcox Henderson. She graduated from Pleasanton High School.
Francies married Hugh Dale Campbell on Feb. 10, 1950, at Pittsburg, Kan. He preceded her in death on March 26, 1989.
She worked as office manager at the Fort Scott Sales Company for many years with her husband. She was also a rancher who took part in the daily operations of running cattle. She was a woman who loved being outdoors, whether it was working in the yard, horseback riding or fishing. She was also a talented homemaker who enjoyed cooking and baking.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son Clifford Campbell; and a sister Emery Henderson.
Francies is survived by her daughter Cheryl Basore and husband, Ronnie; a sister Sylvia Woodall and husband, David; and nine grandchildren Sherry, Lindsay, Rene, Thomas, Kimberly, Lucas, Carlee, Cale and Cole; and 12 great-grandchildren.
Funeral service was Monday, Nov. 14, 2016, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial was in the Battlefield Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to Prescott Country View. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Oct. 11, 2023 Victor Gene, "Vic" Clark, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away Monday, Oct. 2, 2023. Graveside service will be 10 am Friday, Oct. 6, 2023, at the Woodland Cemetery in Mound City, Kan. Memorial contributions are suggested... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 4, 2023 Vanetta Carol (Hardy) Sabine passed away peacefully at Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Mo., at 5:42 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023. She was born June 27, 1944, in Garnett, Kan., to William Orland and Ella Bernice “Margaret”... [More]
Linn County News Published September 20, 2023 Daniel Glen Needham took the long way home on Sept. 6, 2023, after fighting a long battle against cancer. We are sure he had to stop along the way and check out all the new fishing holes and visit with everyone he met... [More]
- Phyllis Irene Best ~ 04-24-1948 to 09-14-2023
- Jean Frances Patterson ~ 06-27-1937 to 09-11-2023
- Roland Jerome “Jerry” Rowe ~ 01-18-1928 to 09-12-2023
- Cammie Lee Hines ~ 06-19-1962 to 09-03-2023
- Helen Yvonne Bruce ~ 08-16-1930 to 09-07-2023
- Delbert Alan Cannon ~ 01-28-1958 to 09-09-2023
- Wayne Barber Ellis ~ 06-20-1944 to 09-07-2023
- Mary Dolores Warta ~ 02-03-1929 to 09-08-2023
Information was recently disseminated via Facebook concerning potential ground leases that may come before the Linn County Planning and Zoning Commission; the information was part of an online petition to try to stop solar fields. With that, solar companies answered several questions... [More]
Letter from KDWP discussed during meeting During the public comment segment of the commissioner’s weekly meeting on Monday, several people in the audience again spoke regarding the current zoning regulations for commercial solar farms. Public comment... [More]
Move solves one of three financial issues Monday night’s Unified School District 362 approval at a special meeting of the sale of a vocational-education construction house in La Cygne has solved what appeared to be an impending financial concern. However, two... [More]
- La Cygne passes past-debated action items
- Commercial solar panels top Planning and Zoning Commission meeting
- Commissioners put attorney on retainer for solar matters
- Parker to use ARPA funds for cam installment
- Boil Water Advisory Issued for City of Pleasanton, Linn County
- County to seek Queens Road sloughing solutions
- Desludging award headlines La Cygne actions
- Armed suicidal subject, shots fired
The Prairie View football team hosted Burlington on Sept. 22 for their Homecoming game. Homecoming is so much better with a win and the Buffalos provided that as they fought their way to a 44-19 victory. One of the things that won this game for the Buffalos were big runs by... [More]
The Pleasanton cross country team traveled to Prairie View to compete in the Humboldt Invitational on Sept. 19 and then the Ramsey Invitational at Prairie View on Sept. 21. Both junior high and high school runners competed for the Jays at the Humboldt Invitational. Kei-Mahni... [More]
- Jayhawk Linn routs Uniontown in home opener
- Pleasanton volleyball has a busy week
- Prairie View cross country performs well at Wellsville
- Pleasanton football routs Northeast Arma
- Big Buffalo rally falls just short
- Jayhawk football dominates first two games
- Jays survive typical first game hiccups
- Prairie View football falls to Parsons to open the season
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com