Linn County News
Published Dec. 23, 2020
Glenn H. Kerr, age 78, of Parker, Kansas, passed away on Thursday, Dec. 17, 2020, at St. Luke’s on the Plaza.
He was born on May 18, 1942, in Garnett, Kan. Glenn was the first of seven children born to Harland and Lillian (Troth) Kerr. He grew up on a farm west of Parker, where he helped his dad on the farm from a very early age. As a teenager, he also helped local farmers in the hay field in the summertime. Glenn graduated from Parker High School with the Class of 1960. Following high school Glenn worked at ANCO Cheese for several years.
On Aug. 5, 1967, Glenn was united in marriage to Linda L. Hosier. They were blessed with five children. They made their home in Lawrence, Kan., until 1993, when they moved to a farm north of Parker. After he was married, Glenn still helped his dad on weekends when he could. Glenn loved the farm throughout his life; they bought their first farm in 1973. He worked for Hallmark Cards in Lawrence for over 35 years and farmed on the weekend. In 2005, health complications required Glenn to give up his row crops. It was very hard for him to give up that part of his life, he and Linda then began raising cattle. Glenn enjoyed watching his sons play sports, coaching their little league teams and going to his daughter’s school concerts. His grandchildren were “Popple’s” pride and joy. Glenn loved horseback riding and quail hunting, and just being outdoors on the farm. He was a big KU fan. Glenn was a member of the Beagle United Methodist Church, PBF (Parker, Beagle, Fontana) Church Board, lifetime member of the Parker Historical Society, and was on the Parker Library Board for eight years.
Glenn was preceded in death by his parents; father and mother-in-law; sister, Katherine Dick; and his infant son, Wesley.
He is survived by his wife, Linda, of the home; son, John of Lawrence, Kan.; daughter, Brenda of Florida; son, Kevin and wife, Jennifer of Lawrence, and son, Brett of California; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three brothers, Charles and wife, Debbie of Iola, Kan.; James of Garnett; and Roger and wife, Kim of Osawatomie, Kan.; and two sisters, Judy Grantham and husband, Bob of Moore, Okla.; and Carol Brownell and husband, David of Beeville, Texas.
Graveside funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2020, at the Parker Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Beagle United Methodist Church and left in care of the funeral home. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.feuerbornfuneral.com.
Linn County News Published Jan. 27, 2021 John William Frazee, age 90, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021. He was born on March 1, 1930, in Hickman Mills, Mo., the son of John M. and Beulah M. Tull Frazee. He worked as a very accomplished... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 27, 2021 Shirley Naoma Bennett 85, of Bolivar, Mo., peacefully passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021, at CMH in Bolivar, Mo. She leaves behind her husband of 60 years, John W. Bennett; three children, Gary R. Bennett (Paula) of... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 27, 2021 Wayne Dean Clay, age 69, DeSoto, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021. Graveside funeral service will be 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 23, at the Pleasanton Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 1 p.m. until... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) plans to start work on a sidewalk project at Pleasanton on Tuesday, Jan. 19, weather permitting. New sidewalks will be constructed at the following locations: *Ash Street, from 15th Street north to West 10th Street. *West 10th... [More]
Says his position is part-time; hires paralegal Newly elected County Attorney Burton Harding told commissioners it had been a “whirlwind first week,” and noted that with over 200 cases set for this week alone he is working on clearing up some of the load.... [More]
The Silver Haired Legislature elections will be held on March 17, 2021. Linn County currently has no representative. The East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging is seeking individuals who are age 60 and over in Linn County to run for this position. Information on the role and... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
The Jayhawk wrestling team traveled to Uniontown on Jan. 12 to compete in a six team dual for the Three Rivers League championship. The six teams involved in the dual were Three Rivers’ members Jayhawk-Linn, Southeast Cherokee and Uniontown. The three other teams Burden... [More]
The Pleasanton girls’ basketball team traveled to Jayhawk-Linn on Jan. 12 to face the Lady Hawks in league competition. Both teams battled in a low scoring game but it was the Lady Jays who came out on top, 32-25. The game started with Pleasanton having an 11-4 first... [More]
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming
- 2020 Linn County Fair and Rodeo queen candidates