James “Jim” Darren Nichols, age 53, of Parker, Kan., died Friday, Nov. 27, 2015 at his home.
Jim was born May 18, 1962, in Ottawa, Kan., the second child of five born to Jack and Donnie Mae (Schmoe) Nichols. He grew up in Richmond, Kan., where he attended grade school and Central Heights High School.
Jim was united in marriage to Penny Criqui; the marriage later ended in divorce.
Jim was the proud father of three daughters Toni, Ashlee and Kylee.
On May 29, 1998, Jim was united in marriage to Carol Ann Coureton in Mound City, Kan. They made their home in Parker, Kan.
In the early 1980s Jim moved to Ottawa, Kan., where he was employed by Main Street Refinishing. He worked there for more than 20 years. He later went to work for Estes Casket Company in Osawatomie, Kan., for over five years until the company closed its doors. He then went to work for M.A.E. Resources working as a pumper in the oil fields.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his brother Lance Nichols; and one sister Teresa Kennedy.
Jim is survived by his wife, Carol, of the home; three daughters Toni (Chris) Wells of Pomona, Kan., Ashlee Nichols of Parker, Kan., and Kylee (Jake) Wilson of Paola, Kan.; two stepsons Bryan (Anne) Fultz of Overland Park, Kan., and Brock Fultz of Fort Scott, Kan.; one sister Kim Powell of Princeton, Kan.; and one brother Justin Nichols of Richmond, Kan.; ten grandchildren; along with many other family members and a lifetime of friends.
Visitation will be Wednesday, Dec. 2, from 6–8 p.m. Services will be at 1 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 3, all at the Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home with burial following at Richmond Cemetery, Richmond, Kan. Memorials: Jim Nichols Memorial Fund may be sent in care of Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home, P.O. Box 430, Osawatomie, KS 66064.
Larry Ray Oliver ~ 07-12-1953 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Larry Ray Oliver, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Funeral service will be at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation... [More]
Buford Wayne “Bud” Lindsey ~ 11-21-1934 to 03-15-2023
Linn County News Published March 22, 2023 Bud Lindsay, age 88 of Prescott, Kan., passed away peacefully at his home Wednesday, March 15, 2023. He was born the son of Esler Roy and Bessie Clara (Deckard) Lindsay at Lebanon, Mo. Bud loved racing, working on old... [More]
Vance Laverne Bruner ~ 07-01-1959 to 03-17-2023
Linn County News Published March 22, 2023 Vance Laverne Bruner, age 63, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, March 17, 2023, at his home. Memorial service will be held 2 p.m. Friday, March 24, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound... [More]
- Curtis Eugene Virgin ~ 09-09-1944 to 03-14-2023
- Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
- Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
- Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
- Louise Shattuck ~ 11-28-1933 to 03-06-2023
- Larry Ray Thompson ~ 03-30-1949 to 02-28-2023
SPECIAL: Drug operation ends with six arrests in Miami and Linn counties
MIAMI & LINN COUNTY – On Wednesday morning, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI), the Miami County Sheriff’s Office, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, the Osawatomie Police Department, and the Pleasanton Police Department arrested six individuals... [More]
Linn County Planning & Zoning Commission says no to windmills
After meetings discussing the Linn County Comprehensive Plan and where the county should be as to allowing wind turbines, the Linn County P&Z said no 5-3 to allowing any turbines in the county. P&Z Commission Chair Richard Morrell brought the subject up after several... [More]
Heartland REC introduces possible Linn County solar field
The Linn County Planning & Zoning Commission met Tuesday evening with the first speaker on the agenda recognized from Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative (REC). Tony Washington introduced himself and said Heartland REC is interested in building a solar field in Linn County;... [More]
- County appraiser reports on valuation increases
- One-cent sales tax coming on Pleasanton ballot
- SPECIAL: Pleasanton One-Cent Sales Tax Questions
- Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
- County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
- Parker leaders consider truck route
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
- USD 362 selects new leader
2022-23 All County Boys’ Basketball team
The season for the Linn County high school boys’ basketball teams is over and it’s time for this year’s All County Boys’ Basketball team. This year, there is a first and second team with five players on each team from the three local high schools, Prairie... [More]
2022-23 All County Girls’ Basketball team
The season for the Linn County high school girls’ basketball teams is over and it’s time for this year’s All County Girls’ Basketball team. This year, there is a first and second team with five players on each team from the three local high schools,... [More]
- Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
- Lady Buffs win 1, fall in semifinals
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org