Linn County News
Published Jan. 30, 2019
Jeanine I. Lanham, age 73, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, at Country Place Senior Living in Fort Scott, Kan. She was born on Nov. 19, 1945, at Topeka, Kan., the daughter of Arvin and Verdi Woodard Keiser.
She graduated from Highland Park High School in Topeka. She then attended Emporia State University and obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Education.
Jeanine and Eldon Lanham were married on March 25, 1967, at Topeka.
She worked as a teacher for three years in California while Eldon was stationed there serving in the United States Navy. During her working career, she was also employed as a social worker and worked at the Linn County Vet Clinic, Farmers State Bank and F&M Bank. However, she will be remembered most as a homemaker, working with Eldon and raising her boys. Jeanine was a member of the Centerville Community Church.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Justin Keiser; and a sister, Josephine Hennessy.
Jeanine is survived by her husband, Eldon; two sons, Steven Lanham and wife Melinda, and Scot Lanham; a sister, Jackie Watkins; and six grandchildren: Caleb, Nicolas, Rebekah, Grace, Haylee and Cooper.
Memorial service will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019, at the Centerville Community Church. A private family interment will take place at a later date.
The family suggests contributions to Linn County 4-H, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published November 23, 2022 Christina A. Creighton Turner, 84, passed away Nov. 19, 2022. She was born Dec. 8, 1937 in Centerville, Kan., to Eva Shafer and Roy Bowman. On Dec. 18, 1955, she married John Creighton; they had four children together before his... [More]
Linn County News Published November 16, 2022 Edgar Wayne Moon, age 82 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away at his home on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022. He was born the son of Chester and Evelyn (Van Liew) Moon on Aug. 14, 1940, in Lawrence, Kan. Edgar married Betty Talley on... [More]
Linn County News Published November 16, 2022 Timothy Wayne Foxworth, age 62, Mound City, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022. A gathering to celebrate Tim’s life will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory,... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Market Street is a proposed path between La Cygne coal, Wolf Creek nuclear plants Representatives from a Kansas City engineering firm last week presented plans for an Evergy underground conduit-cased fiber optics cable preliminarily proposed to run through La Cygne.... [More]
The Linn County Commissioners recessed their Nov. 21 meeting and opened a meeting of the Board of Canvassers for the purpose of canvassing the Nov. 8 election. With Commissioner Rick James absent, the commissioners opted to appoint Darin Wilson as the third member of the Board... [More]
WICHITA — PBS Kansas Channel 8 honored four veterans and one business that serves veterans at its 8th Annual Veterans Coming Home Salute on Nov. 5, 2022 at the Wichita Marriott. This event honored Kansas veterans who demonstrated outstanding service to their country, fellow... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The 2022 cross country season has concluded and now it is time to recognize some of the top local runners in the sport this season. The Prairie View girls’ cross country team had multiple good runners on it and one great runner. The girls just missed making it to State... [More]
The Pleasanton and Jayhawk-Linn football teams are well represented in the 2022 11-man Three Rivers League All League selections. The Hawks make up 16 selections between first team and honorable mention while the Jays make up 10 selections between first team and honorable mention.... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com