Jennifer Paige West, 41, of Dallas, passed away on Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014, in Temple.
Memorial services were Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014, at Sparkman-Hillcrest Funeral Home Chapel. A reception immediately followed the service. Please join the family in celebrating Jennifer’s life by visiting her memorial at www.sparkman-hillcrest.com.
Jennifer was born Sept. 1, 1973, in La Mirada, Calif., to Marci West and Ralph West. She graduated from Alexander Academy of Richardson in 1991. She attended the University of Texas. She later went on to join the Army and served in Iraq. Upon her discharge from the Army, she was employed by Southern Medical as an Ultrasound Technician.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents: Robert and Doris West and Charlie and Betty Brock; and a cousin, Westley Dyer.
Those left to cherish her memories include her mother, Marci West of Garland; father, Ralph West of Addison; brother, Brock West and fiancé Mindy Beth Owen of Dallas; aunts and uncles, Larry and Connie Spillman of Louisburg, Kan., Willis and Joyce West of Cleveland, Mo., Brent West of Blue Mound, Kan., Jan and Dan Dyer of Kansas City, Mo., Ann and Mike Rude of Willard, Mo., and Phillip West of Hutchinson, Kan., Frank Brock of Pensacola, Fla., and Rose Mary Norris of Dallas, Texas; cousins, Kent Spillman of Dallas, Texas, Kim Robb of Lee’s Summit, Mo., Laurie Krawchuk of Lee’s Summit, Mo., Kyle West of Dallas, Texas, Tracie Nation of Mound City, Kan., Courtney West of Springfield, Mo., Kyra Burk of Willard, Mo., Brian West, Blue Mound, Kan., Molly West of Jackson, Miss., Brooke Holan of Willard, Mo., Carissa Wegner of Kansas City and Summer West of Hutchinson, Kan., Susan Norris of Corinth, Texas, Stacy Brock of Pensacola, Fla. and Katrina Brock of Pensacola, Fla.; and a host of additional family and friends.
In lieu of flowers, the family would encourage memorials in Jennifer’s name be made to the SPCA of Texas, 2400 Lone Star Drive, Dallas, Texas 75212.
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 John William Woodburn, 76, died March 7, 2021 in Baxter Regional Medical Center in Mountain Home, Ark. Graveside services will be held on Saturday, April 24, at 2 p.m. at the Pleasanton Cemetery in Pleasanton, Kan.,... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 Cecil L. Fish, 89, Ottawa, Kan., and former longtime Labette County resident, passed away Thursday, April 8, 2021, at his home. Cecil was born the third child to Cecil Paige and Edna (Nickoley) Fish on Dec. 7, 1931, in... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 William Michael McMillan, age 60, of St. Joseph, Mo., passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. He was born on Aug. 24, 1960, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of William McMillan and Virginia Russell McMillan. He... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 Floyd Arthur Holmes (or Arthur Floyd Holmes, it was never clear which) passed away peacefully at his residence at Grandwood Assisted Living in Grove, Okla., on Feb. 13, 2021, exactly one month after celebrating his... [More]
The Mound City Council met by phone for a special meeting on Tuesday afternoon, April 6, for the purpose of determining whether or not to reopen the discussions on the sale of the city lake. During the course of that meeting, the council voted to go forward with the discussions... [More]
Customers are spared a billing shock La Cygne natural gas customers will not feel the burden of a high February supplier invoice. The unanimous decision by its council followed a 15-minute executive session for legal attorney-client privilege at its regular meeting... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
Prairie View got contributions from many sources in their April 6 softball doubleheader sweep of Iola. Wins of 10-3 and 18-8 over the Fillies raised the Lady Buffalos’ Pioneer League record to 4-0, 5-0 overall, to begin this week. The team will host a non-league twinbill... [More]
The Jayhawk JV golf team did well last week. On April 5 they traveled to Erie and on April 6 they went to Fort Scott for a tournament hosted by Uniontown. In the Erie tournament they only brought three golfers so they could not place as a team, but at the Uniontown tournament... [More]
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming