Jennifer Paige West, 41, of Dallas, passed away on Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014, in Temple.
Memorial services were Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014, at Sparkman-Hillcrest Funeral Home Chapel. A reception immediately followed the service. Please join the family in celebrating Jennifer’s life by visiting her memorial at www.sparkman-hillcrest.com.
Jennifer was born Sept. 1, 1973, in La Mirada, Calif., to Marci West and Ralph West. She graduated from Alexander Academy of Richardson in 1991. She attended the University of Texas. She later went on to join the Army and served in Iraq. Upon her discharge from the Army, she was employed by Southern Medical as an Ultrasound Technician.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents: Robert and Doris West and Charlie and Betty Brock; and a cousin, Westley Dyer.
Those left to cherish her memories include her mother, Marci West of Garland; father, Ralph West of Addison; brother, Brock West and fiancé Mindy Beth Owen of Dallas; aunts and uncles, Larry and Connie Spillman of Louisburg, Kan., Willis and Joyce West of Cleveland, Mo., Brent West of Blue Mound, Kan., Jan and Dan Dyer of Kansas City, Mo., Ann and Mike Rude of Willard, Mo., and Phillip West of Hutchinson, Kan., Frank Brock of Pensacola, Fla., and Rose Mary Norris of Dallas, Texas; cousins, Kent Spillman of Dallas, Texas, Kim Robb of Lee’s Summit, Mo., Laurie Krawchuk of Lee’s Summit, Mo., Kyle West of Dallas, Texas, Tracie Nation of Mound City, Kan., Courtney West of Springfield, Mo., Kyra Burk of Willard, Mo., Brian West, Blue Mound, Kan., Molly West of Jackson, Miss., Brooke Holan of Willard, Mo., Carissa Wegner of Kansas City and Summer West of Hutchinson, Kan., Susan Norris of Corinth, Texas, Stacy Brock of Pensacola, Fla. and Katrina Brock of Pensacola, Fla.; and a host of additional family and friends.
In lieu of flowers, the family would encourage memorials in Jennifer’s name be made to the SPCA of Texas, 2400 Lone Star Drive, Dallas, Texas 75212.
Linn County News Published February 8, 2022 Gene Linder passed away on Jan. 17, 2023. Born April 11, 1931, Gene lived life to the fullest for all his 91 years. Gene’s first legacy was that of husband to Virginia - devoted to each other for 70 years... [More]
Linn County News Published February 8, 2023 Sonita Arlone Martin, age 79, Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023, at her home. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton... [More]
Linn County News Published January 25, 2023 Randall "Randy" James Rogers, age 72, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023. Funeral service will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Burial... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
2023 Kansas Birding Big Year Contest PRATT – The 2023 Kansas Birding Big Year Contest, hosted by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP), is officially underway! Participation is simple; record the number of unique bird species you see in Kansas from... [More]
Approximately 30 people took advantage of free CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) classes held last Saturday in both Mound City and La Cygne. The classes were sponsored by Linn County Emergency Management and were free to the public. Each class size was limited to 20 and... [More]
Ali Hamilton, director and curator of the Trading Post Museum, spoke to Linn County Commissioners on Monday, Jan. 30, regarding the renaming of a stretch of U.S. Highway 69 in the honor of a Pleasanton veteran who died at Pearl Harbor. A bill was introduced in the Kansas legislature... [More]
- Commissioners receive report on 2022 valuations compliance
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
Pleasanton celebrated their courtwarming this past week and they also celebrated their basketball teams as the boys’ and girls’ varsity teams combined to go 4-0. The Jays played Marmaton Valley on Jan. 24 and then hosted Altoona Midway for their courtwarming on... [More]
Junior Gus Grote continued his double-double onslaught last week as he and his Jayhawk-Linn teammates at home split Three Rivers League decisions. On Jan. 23, the Jayhawks claimed a 46-38 win against Yates Center, a game postponed from Dec. 16, but last Friday, they lost a... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com