Jerome Vernon “Jerry” Morgan
05-09-1941 to 01-31-2020
Linn County News
Published Feb. 26, 2020
Jerome Vernon “Jerry” Morgan age 78 of Osawatomie, Kan., passed away on Friday Jan. 31, 2020 at his home.
Jerry was born May 9, 1941 in Greeley, Kan. He was the fourth of ten children born to Vernon Lavenger and Dorothy Evelyn (Hoover) Morgan. Jerry graduated with the Class of 1959 from Parker High School. He played Basketball and Football while attending Parker High.
After high school, Jerry started his own trucking business. He then started his career in the concrete business. Jerry did concrete flatwork for over 50 years. Many of those years he spent partnered with his cousin, Larry Morgan. Jerry was known for the meticulous flatwork that he did; he was the best. At the age of 69, Jerry retired but still did odd and end jobs until he was in his 70’s.
In 1962, Jerry married Nancy Stiffler in Miami, Okla. The couple had two children Reina and Jay. They made their home in Baldwin, Kan. The marriage later ended in divorce. Then in January of 1988, Jerry and Kathy Moore were united in marriage in Fontana, Kan. They made their home in the Fontana area. They did not have any children together but Jerry gained two grandchildren Zach and Hope. That marriage later ended in divorce.
In his free time, Jerry farmed and bought and sold cattle. This was a life-long passion of his. He loved going to auctions to find deals. Jerry enjoyed drinking coffee at the local café’s and visiting with friends. Jerry hosted a famous neighborhood BBQ for years at his farm that hundreds of people have attended. He was involved with starting the Parker Historical Society.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Survivors include his children Reina Morgan-Kratzberg of Centerville, Kan., and Jay Morgan of Fort Scott, Kan.; seven grandchildren: Kady Kratzberg, Keith Kratzberg, Jaime Morgan, Jerry Morgan, Jaxson Morgan, Zach Kirkland and Hope Kirkland; five great-grandchildren, two brothers and seven sisters, former wife, Kathy Morgan, along with other family and many friends.
Visitation was held from 6-8 p.m. on Friday Feb. 7, 2020 at the Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home. Cremation followed with burial of ashes at a later date at Whiteford Cemetery, Paola, Kan. Memorials are to Tri-Ko, Inc. sent c/o Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home P.O. Box 430, Osawatomie, Kan., 66064.
Published in the Linn County News Karen Joyce Hughes Kidwell, 73, of Linn Valley, Kan. passed away September 10th at her home. She was born Sept. 9, 1948 in Kansas City, Kan. She was a graduate of Shawnee Mission North High School, Bethany Hospital... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Leota Vondell Burris, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021. She was born in Marceline, Mo., on Aug. 30, 1936, the daughter of Thomas B. and Estel A. Watson Adams. She... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Janet (Brown) Maschino, 64, of rural Pleasanton and Parsons, passed away peacefully at 3:13 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, at her daughter’s home in Erie. Janet’s story starts on March... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
New IRS plan in $3.5 trillion spending package opens consumer checking accounts to federal oversight
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Consumers beware as President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package advances through Congress as much of the cost will come from new oversight on personal checking accounts. The oversight... [More]
Former Cox Motor Co. building, potential site for school By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Entering executive session for data relating to partnerships, the Pleasanton City Council spent 50 minutes discussing a partnership... [More]
A hearing at Linn County District Court for 2019-CR-000210, State of Kansas versus Lonnie Shane Martin, was held Friday afternoon for a no go preliminary where Assistant County Attorney Justin Meeks informed District Judge Terri Johnson that the state was withdrawing... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
It’s been a bumpy start to the 2021 season for Jayhawk-Linn’s football team. A roster with 19 underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) among its 32 members missed both their Aug. 27 home jamboree with Pleasanton and Erie because of COVID-19 and its scheduled... [More]
BY ADAM HOLT LINN COUNTY NEWS firstname.lastname@example.org The Prairie View cross country teams traveled to Fort Scott on Sept. 9 to compete in the Fort Scott Invitational. The Buffalos again performed well as the varsity girls won as a team. Head Coach Marcie Caldwell... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com