Jerome Vernon “Jerry” Morgan
05-09-1941 to 01-31-2020
Linn County News
Published Feb. 26, 2020
Jerome Vernon “Jerry” Morgan age 78 of Osawatomie, Kan., passed away on Friday Jan. 31, 2020 at his home.
Jerry was born May 9, 1941 in Greeley, Kan. He was the fourth of ten children born to Vernon Lavenger and Dorothy Evelyn (Hoover) Morgan. Jerry graduated with the Class of 1959 from Parker High School. He played Basketball and Football while attending Parker High.
After high school, Jerry started his own trucking business. He then started his career in the concrete business. Jerry did concrete flatwork for over 50 years. Many of those years he spent partnered with his cousin, Larry Morgan. Jerry was known for the meticulous flatwork that he did; he was the best. At the age of 69, Jerry retired but still did odd and end jobs until he was in his 70’s.
In 1962, Jerry married Nancy Stiffler in Miami, Okla. The couple had two children Reina and Jay. They made their home in Baldwin, Kan. The marriage later ended in divorce. Then in January of 1988, Jerry and Kathy Moore were united in marriage in Fontana, Kan. They made their home in the Fontana area. They did not have any children together but Jerry gained two grandchildren Zach and Hope. That marriage later ended in divorce.
In his free time, Jerry farmed and bought and sold cattle. This was a life-long passion of his. He loved going to auctions to find deals. Jerry enjoyed drinking coffee at the local café’s and visiting with friends. Jerry hosted a famous neighborhood BBQ for years at his farm that hundreds of people have attended. He was involved with starting the Parker Historical Society.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Survivors include his children Reina Morgan-Kratzberg of Centerville, Kan., and Jay Morgan of Fort Scott, Kan.; seven grandchildren: Kady Kratzberg, Keith Kratzberg, Jaime Morgan, Jerry Morgan, Jaxson Morgan, Zach Kirkland and Hope Kirkland; five great-grandchildren, two brothers and seven sisters, former wife, Kathy Morgan, along with other family and many friends.
Visitation was held from 6-8 p.m. on Friday Feb. 7, 2020 at the Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home. Cremation followed with burial of ashes at a later date at Whiteford Cemetery, Paola, Kan. Memorials are to Tri-Ko, Inc. sent c/o Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home P.O. Box 430, Osawatomie, Kan., 66064.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Agnes E. Shryer 03-04-1958 to 03-22-2020
- Charles Edward Pollard 11-15-1954 to 03-17-2020
- Paul Travis Jackson 07-09-1939 to 03-22-2020
- Nellie Louise Stratton 06-15-1926 to 03-18-2020
- Susan Renee Parks 11-05-1974 to 03-17-2020
- Nellie Louise Stratton 06-15-1926 to 03-18-2020
- Joyce Eileen Cummings 01-24-1949 to 03-14-2020
- Brenda Carol Meyer 07-28-1957 to 03-05-2020
Governor Laura Kelly issued Executive Order 20-16, a statewide “stay home” order Saturday, March 28 effective through April 19, 2020. According to the press release, the order supersedes all local “stay home” or similar orders prohibiting... [More]
Following a special meeting with the commissioners and county health officials Wednesday night stating their goal was not to shut the county down, the quickly evolving spread of the virus prompted action from Public Health Officer Dr. Jay Allen, Linn County Health... [More]
Who Should Sign Up for the Registry? Individuals with special medical needs include those who would need assistance with medical or personal care during evacuations and sheltering because of physical or mental impairments. Please sign up for the registery if you or a loved... [More]
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
KSHSAA has officially cancelled all spring sports and all activities for the remainder of the school year. Here is the statement from the KSHSAA website. “The KSHSAA is committed to the safety of our student-participants and the health of our... [More]
rn UPDATE – Wednesday, March 18, 2020 rn The USA Clay Target League thanks all of our athletes, parents, coaches, and sponsors for their patience and understanding in this unprecedented time. rn The League is announcing a Modified 2020 Spring Season that... [More]
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament