John Carl Johnson, 90, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, May 15, 2015, at Prescott Country View. He was born at Linnville, Kan., Oct. 29, 1924, the son of Harley Otis and Pearl May Shaffer Johnson.
He attended school at Linnville and Mound City. He was a Navy Veteran of World War II.
John married Joanna Schmitz Oct. 9, 1948. She preceded him in death May 16, 1989. He later married Sharon Purdy, who also preceded him.
He worked as a farmer and a stockman. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, American Legion Hewitt New Post #249 and the V.F.W.
He was also preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Otis and Perry; two grandsons, Morgan and Matt Johnson; and a great-granddaughter, Natalie Grace Johnson.
John is survived by four sons, Mike Johnson and wife Mary, Steve Johnson and wife Penny, Jim Johnson and wife Pam, and Tim Johnson; two daughters, Johnna Cansler and husband Gary, and Patty Love and husband Bob; sisters, Isabel Read and Viola Campbell; 21 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
Mass of Christian burial will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2015, at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Burial will be in Sacred Heart Cemetery. Rosary was prayed Tuesday at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. The family suggests contributions to St. Jude Children’s Hospital or the American Diabetes Association. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 Charles Robert Patterson, 79, Dwight, Kan., passed away April 16, 2021, at his residence. He was born March 25, 1942, in Amoret, Mo., the son of Claude and Phyllis (Mitchell) Patterson. He married JoAnn Norris on Feb.... [More]
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 Floyd Arthur Holmes (or Arthur Floyd Holmes, it was never clear which) passed away peacefully at his residence at Grandwood Assisted Living in Grove, Okla., on Feb. 13, 2021, exactly one month after celebrating... [More]
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 John William Woodburn, 76, died March 7, 2021 in Baxter Regional Medical Center in Mountain Home, Ark. Graveside services will be held on Saturday, April 24, at 2 p.m. at the Pleasanton Cemetery in Pleasanton, Kan.,... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
REVISED 4/22/2021 - The story of the murder of a Mound City woman, Dawn Rosso, began prior to her throat being cut on Saturday, June 20, 2020 – it actually began when her alleged murderer Dylan Parks-Maki broke her wrist and ribs; To see the full article, check out this... [More]
Following a 10-minute executive session for land acquisition on Monday, Pleasanton City Councilman Jake Mattingley said a representative of Family Dollar/Dollar Tree “chose us because of our location” to build a store. Mattingley said the corporation usually targets... [More]
Pleasanton City Administrator Teresa Whitaker introduced BG Consultants engineer Jason Hoskinson to the City Council Monday night, stating his job would be to “help the city out with the potential development project” and figure out where the engineering firm can... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
The Pleasanton track team hosted their home track meet on April 13. The meet consisted of eight teams and the Jays placed fourth in both the boys and girls. The boys placed fourth with 79 points while the girls placed fourth with 58 points. Jayhawk-Linn won the meet for the... [More]
The Jayhawk-Linn track teams traveled to Pleasanton on April 13 to compete in the Pleasanton Invitational. Both the boys’ and girls’ teams did well as the boys won the meet with 124 points. The girls placed second with 96 points. Uniontown won the meet for... [More]
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming