LeRoy Junior Artman, age 83, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, July 14, 2014. He was born at Lawrence, Kan., on March 28, 1931, the son of Earl and Ethel Swain Artman.
He was a self-employed heavy equipment operator, farmed and raised cattle. He enjoyed building equipment. One example was a steam engine, which he finished in 1981 after two years of work. He took the engine to many parades and functions.
LeRoy was a member of the Masonic Lodge and the Shrine.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, John and Jack Artman; and his faithful dog, Dee Dee.
He is survived by his companion of many years, Marjorie Wilson; two sons, Antone and Roy Artman; two daughters, Madonna Stauss and Deanna Killingsworth; stepson, Terry Toms; brother, Jerry Artman; five sisters, Betty Seger-Baker, Bonnie Scott, Darlene Hagen, Shirley Chapman and Sharon Henderson; 10 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and three step grandchildren.
Funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be held at 3:30 p.m. at the Wild Horse Cemetery, McLouth, Kan. Visitation will be held from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at the Chapel. The family suggests contributions to the Shriners Children’s Hospitals or the Humane Society. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Oct. 27, 2021 Sammy Lee Meyer, affectionately known as "Snuffy", age 67, Mound City, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021. He was born on April 9, 1954, in Paola, Kan., the son of Richard Arnold and Marie June Lockhart... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 27, 2021 William Clark “Gable” McKay of Harrisonville Mo., formerly of Plattsburg, Mo., passed away Tuesday Oct. 19, 2021. He was born on July 26, 1939, and was raised by John and Nola Williams at Mound City,... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 20, 2021 Michael Allen Bishop, age 74 of Grove, Okla., formerly of Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021. He was born the son of Jacob T. and Erma O. Giffin Bishop on Jan. 29, 1947, at Blue Mound, Kan. Mike... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Bond revoked, remanded to custody Daniel Brenneman appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Senior Judge Gunnar Sundby on Monday, Oct. 18, to contest the results of a competency evaluation for Case LN-2020-CR-218, and for a hearing on the revocation of his bond due... [More]
Following news that the former Cox Motor Co. building was going to become the home of the new trade school, the Pleasanton City Council signed an agreement to sell real estate Monday evening at their regular meeting. City Attorney Burton Harding told the council that the city... [More]
City share of federal ARPA funds could help with fiber optics Parker leaders discussed a proposal by Peoples Telecommunications LLC, La Cygne, to bring broadband internet to the city. At the monthly council meeting last Thursday, Cherry Buckley, city clerk, informed... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton volleyball team finished their regular season this past week with games on Oct. 12, Oct. 14 and Oct. 16. On Oct. 12 the Lady Jays faced league foes Chetopa and Marmaton Valley at Chetopa. Pleasanton defeated Chetopa in two sets, 25-22 and 25-22, but lost to Marmaton... [More]
This Prairie View football season has been marked by injury attrition to projected starters among its 19 rostered seniors. Kyle Waterman has missed the entire season with a summer-scrimmage leg injury, and Micah Eastwood’s campaign is now finished because of a collarbone.... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org