Linda Lou Brown Minkler
10-03-1947 to 01-11-2020
Linn County News
Published Jan. 15, 2020
On Jan. 11, 2020, Linda Lou Minkler of Kincaid, Kan., passed away with her husband by her side at Saint Luke’s Hospice House, Kansas City, Mo., after a fierce battle with cancer. She was 72.
Linda was born Oct. 3, 1947, in Fort Scott, Kan., to Gerald “Jerry” and Vera Brown. She attended school in Hume, Mo., and graduated high school in Fulton, Kan.
Linda followed her calling as an educator. She studied at Pittsburg State University earning a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in education. Through her 35-year career, she impacted hundreds of students in several grades. She had a deep love for her students – one of her greatest joys was following them as they grew and flourished.
Linda also served her community. She was an active life member of VFW Auxiliary; held many offices in the Kincaid chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star, serving for several years as secretary; and enjoyed volunteering at the Kincaid Fair and serving on the election board.
She was preceded in death by her parents, sister-in-law Dollie Brown, brother-in-law Lester Stringer, nephew Steve Stringer, and niece Leslie Spitler.
Beloved survivors include husband Jess Minkler; daughter Jennifer Johnson and Bryan and their son Dayton of Cleveland, Mo.; son Mikohl Minkler and Joe Cooper of Irving, Texas; stepson Tony Smith and Chrystal of Iola, Kan.; sister Roberta Stringer of Wichita, Kan.; brother Gary Brown and Voneta of Fulton; niece Sherri Day and Jerry of Wichita; aunt Charlotte Dunavan of Mound City, Kan.; uncle Lloyd Minkler of Garnett, Kan.; and her very best friend, Betty Jo Laflen and Jerry of Moundville, Mo.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020, at the Centerville Community Church in Centerville, Kan. Burial will follow in the Kincaid Cemetery in Kincaid. Family will greet friends from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday at the Feuerborn Family Funeral Service Chapel in Garnett.
Memorial contributions may be made to A.C.A.R.F. or Centerville Community Church and left in care of the funeral home. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.feuerbornfuneral.com.
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 1, 2020 Mary Jo Ernst, age 76, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away at her home Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019. Jo was born in Kansas City, Kan. on Oct. 12, 1943, the daughter of Bert and Tippy Hurst. She had one loving... [More]
Ruby Violet Brenneman, age 81, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, at her home. She was born on June 29, 1938, in La Cygne the daughter of John D. and Violet May Anderson Holman. She graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956. ... [More]
- Richard Scott Craig 10-30-1945 to 02-17-2020
- Jerome Vernon “Jerry” Morgan 05-09-1941 to 01-31-2020
- Robert Dale Pennington 07-18-1937 to 02-16-2020
- David Earl Cummings 09-08-1953 to 02-13-2020
- Sidney A. McKnight Jr. 12-20-1940 to 12-16-2019
- Robert Dale Avery 12-26-1931 to 02-11-2020
- Robert Dean “Bob” King 08-23-1934 to 02-12-2020
- Richard Butts 06-04-1935 to 02-05-2020
At issue is access authority at scrapyard site Parker city leaders tabled a question of roadway authority and access at the council’s monthly meeting last Thursday. At question is the non-platted South Walnut Street south of South Street that... [More]
County discusses other departments needing the software After a long discussion last week that the County Commissioners wanted to see County Attorney James Brun in the county more, he told them this week that he is purchasing Westlaw, an online legal... [More]
Grade 8-12 offerings will enable more certifications, gain extra funding Numerous courses, mainly at Prairie View High, will be renamed or initiated in action taken by the Unified School District 362 board of education at their Feb. 10 monthly meeting.... [More]
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
The Pleasanton basketball teams hosted their Senior-Parent Night against Oswego on Feb. 11. It was a good night for the Jays as both the boys and girls won their respective games. The girls won 34-24 while the boys won their game 69-47. The girls’ game... [More]
The Prairie View girls’ wrestling team traveled to Paola on Feb. 14-15 to compete in the East Regional to determine who would go to the girls’ State Tournament in Salina on Feb. 27. The Buffalos took five wrestlers to the tournament, and two of... [More]
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track