Linn County News
Published June 1,2022
Marjorie Irene Rowe, age 88, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Thursday, May 26, 2022, surrounded by family. She was born in Elsie, Colo., on Dec. 3, 1933, the daughter of Walter W. and Ida J. Simmons Smith. She was united in marriage to Charles Rowe on Dec. 23, 1950, in the Methodist Church in Mound City, Kan. She graduated from Mound City High School as the valedictorian in the Class of 1951.
Marjorie enjoyed sewing, quilting, and camping. She was a member of the Ooh's and Aah's Camping Club. She worked at Bendix Corporation. Marjorie assisted her husband in the dairy and farming operation. She worked at Braemore Sewing Factory and used the talent gained there to make many coats for many people. Later, Marjorie and her husband owned and operated Rowe Trucking, Pleasanton Car Wash, and Linn County Ambulance.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Richard Smith; and two sisters, Ruth Rhynerson and Viola Burke. Marjorie is survived by her husband, Charles; three sons, Walter Rowe (Sandy), Warren Rowe, and Ward Rowe; a daughter Linda Holt (Roger); three brothers, Alfred Smith, Kenneth Smith, and Robert Smith; five grandchildren, Angela, Mackenzie, Jace, Clinton, and Emily, six great-grandchildren, Russell, Elijah, Brad, Jaxon, Taylor, and Jake, three step-grandchildren, Janese, Tammy, and Ricky; twelve step-great-grandchildren and three step-great-great-grandchildren.
Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 1, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be in the Battlefield Cemetery. Visitation was held from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 31, 2022, at the Pleasanton Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to a church of choice or Olive's Hope Animal Rescue. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published July 6, 2022 Leslie (Les) Eugene Krull, 85, of Berryton, died Wednesday, June 29, 2022, at Prairie Winds Senior Living, in Berryton, Kan. He was born June 9, 1937, to Eugene and Roberta “Pauline” (Townsley) Krull at home in Mound City,... [More]
Linn County News Published July 6, 2022 Patrick Wayne Marmon, age 79, Paola, Kan., passed away Wednesday, June 8, 2022. He was born in La Cygne, Kan., on Aug. 26, 1942, the son of Harry and Mamie Wilderson Marmon. He graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the... [More]
Linn County News Published June 29, 2022 Ruth E. Robinson, 100, of Ottawa, formerly of Blue Mound, went to be with the Lord on Saturday, June 25, 2022. Ruth was born on Jan. 17, 1922, to Oscar and Lula (Wray) Dodson at Blanchard, Ok. When she was very young her family moved... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The City of Blue Mound will hold their annual Independence Day celebration this coming Saturday, July 2. The event will kick off at 7 a.m. with registration for the 5K Race which begins at 7:30 a.m. followed by the 1 mile Fun Run at 8:30 a.m. The event organizers... [More]
Makes first appearance in court Following the robbery of the Silver Creek Pharmacy in La Cygne on Wednesday, June 22, law enforcement officers from across the county worked together to track down the suspect. Robert Woody III was arrested in Pleasanton later... [More]
Pleasanton Postmaster Mark Willard will be officially retiring on Thursday, June 30, at the close of business. Willard began his career with the United States Postal Service in May 1995 as a carrier and clerk at the Girard, Kan. post office. From there he moved to Walnut,... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
Prairie View High School has announced Michelle Haupt as the head coach of the softball program, pending Board of Education approval. Coach Haupt has served as the assistant softball coach at Prairie View since 2019, head coach at West Franklin High School for two seasons and... [More]
KSHSAA implemented new NFHS wrestling weight classes during their June executive board meeting. The decision to implement new weight classes was due partly because some of the border States such as Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Iowa implemented weight class changes... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org