Linn County News
Published May 13, 2020
Nancy Doreen Brindle, age 66, of Kansas City, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Nancy was born February 26, 1954, in Tribune, Kan., the daughter of Gerald D. and B. Doreen (Helm) Mangold.
Nancy graduated with the Greeley County High School Class of 1972. She earned her BA in Education from Fort Hays State University. She earned a Masters of Education Technology from Mid-America Nazarene University in 2005.
Nancy taught school in Plainview, Colo., and Tribune, Pleasanton and Paola schools in Kansas.
On December 23, 1996, Nancy married Chris K. Brindle.
Nancy was the VFW State Teacher of the Year and a finalist for the Kansas Teacher of the Year. She taught piano lessons for many years in Tribune as well as managing the swimming pool.
Nancy was the first woman to coach American football in Australia at the 2002 Down-Under-Bowl.
She was most recently on the Grand Opening Staff of the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center.
Nancy was a member of the Lutheran Church and the VFW Ladies Auxiliary.
Nancy loved every trip to the beach especially Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Daytona Beach; Surfer's Paradise in Australia and Hanauma Bay in Hawaii.
Nancy is survived by her husband Chris K. Brindle of Kansas City, Kan.; three children, Heidi Turner of Kansas City, Kan., Heath Hild and Beth Haney of Shawnee, Kan., Harmony and Jeff Reicks of Silverdale, Wash.; her mother Doreen Mangold of Tribune, Kan.; three siblings: Jerry and Kathy Mangold of Tribune, Kan., Larry Mangold of Bethune, Colo., Judi Mangold of Tribune, Kan.; her father-in-law, C.R. Brindle of Erick, Okla.; 11 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.
Her father; sister, Beverly Walter; and mother-in-law, June Brindle, preceded her in death.
You can donate to the CJD Foundation in Nancy's honor at https://secure.qgiv.com/event/cjdfoundation/account/977283/
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.chapelhill-butler.com for the Brindle family.
The family will hold "Celebration of Life" events for Nancy in the Kansas City area and in Tribune some time after large gathering restrictions are lifted. We hope you will plan to join us.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Linda Lee Ross 08-30-1941 to 05-28-2020
- Darlene McCoy 02-05-1929 to 05-27-2020
- Leslie Dell “L.D.” Murray 10-12-1926 to 05-25-2020
- Doris Louise (Dresker) Phillips 10-03-1922 to 05-15-2020
- Diane Jackson 02-13-1954 to 05-12-2020
- John Russell Baucom 09-04-1953 to 04-24-2020
- Harriet E. Stanley 12-27-1947 to 05-08-2020
- Jason Walker “Jake” McCullough 06-25-1975 to 05-03-2020
Holding a special meeting Thursday, May 21, the County Commissioners discussed the Linn County Justice Center and the cost the construction management team River City Construction came up with after receiving electrical bids. After a large increase in electrical bids, the commissioners... [More]
The County Commission and the Local Health Officer of Linn County, Kan., were recently the defendants in a Federal Lawsuit initiated by two Linn County residents and the Kansas Justice Institute, a law firm heavily involved in seeking out publicity through taking on high... [More]
Allen resigns Public Health Officer position By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Following the lockdown of Linn County earlier in March due to COVID-19 and subsequent orders to continue the stay-at-home orders by the governor and local authorities... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
It is prime fishing time so let’s look at the KDWPT fishing reports for Linn County. La Cygne Reservoir Currently channel, blue and flathead catfishing is good at La Cygne. The fish are being caught on sunfish, cut shad, worms, prepared baits and livers.... [More]
The Lady Jays had a rough season last year and only won a couple of games. They were also eliminated in the first round of their regional tournament. However, this season the girls were hoping to make some improvements to put them in a better spot, but they did not get... [More]
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round