Linn County News
Published May 13, 2020
Nancy Doreen Brindle, age 66, of Kansas City, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Nancy was born February 26, 1954, in Tribune, Kan., the daughter of Gerald D. and B. Doreen (Helm) Mangold.
Nancy graduated with the Greeley County High School Class of 1972. She earned her BA in Education from Fort Hays State University. She earned a Masters of Education Technology from Mid-America Nazarene University in 2005.
Nancy taught school in Plainview, Colo., and Tribune, Pleasanton and Paola schools in Kansas.
On December 23, 1996, Nancy married Chris K. Brindle.
Nancy was the VFW State Teacher of the Year and a finalist for the Kansas Teacher of the Year. She taught piano lessons for many years in Tribune as well as managing the swimming pool.
Nancy was the first woman to coach American football in Australia at the 2002 Down-Under-Bowl.
She was most recently on the Grand Opening Staff of the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center.
Nancy was a member of the Lutheran Church and the VFW Ladies Auxiliary.
Nancy loved every trip to the beach especially Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Daytona Beach; Surfer's Paradise in Australia and Hanauma Bay in Hawaii.
Nancy is survived by her husband Chris K. Brindle of Kansas City, Kan.; three children, Heidi Turner of Kansas City, Kan., Heath Hild and Beth Haney of Shawnee, Kan., Harmony and Jeff Reicks of Silverdale, Wash.; her mother Doreen Mangold of Tribune, Kan.; three siblings: Jerry and Kathy Mangold of Tribune, Kan., Larry Mangold of Bethune, Colo., Judi Mangold of Tribune, Kan.; her father-in-law, C.R. Brindle of Erick, Okla.; 11 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.
Her father; sister, Beverly Walter; and mother-in-law, June Brindle, preceded her in death.
You can donate to the CJD Foundation in Nancy's honor at https://secure.qgiv.com/event/cjdfoundation/account/977283/
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.chapelhill-butler.com for the Brindle family.
The family will hold "Celebration of Life" events for Nancy in the Kansas City area and in Tribune some time after large gathering restrictions are lifted. We hope you will plan to join us.
Linn County News Published Aug. 3, 2022 Patsy Lucille Smith, age 59, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away peacefully in her home, surrounded by family Sunday, July 31, 2022. She was born on June 15, 1963, in Parsons, Kan., the daughter of George William (Bill) and Mary Jo (Jones)... [More]
Linn County News Published August 3, 2022 Fred Ahlemann, age 84, Overland Park, Kan., passed away Friday, July 29, 2022. Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, 2022, at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, Olathe, Kan. Graveside service will be 3 p.m. Saturday,... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 3, 2022 Janet L. Toms, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Wednesday, July 27, 2022. She was born on May 25, 1953, in Paola, Kan., to Kenneth and Fontella Butler Stainbrook. She graduated from Prairie View High School and... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Following the governor’s recent approval of legislation created to show when taxing entities are increasing mill levies, additional costs to taxpayers are coming to the forefront, despite some holding taxes to the same level using revenue neutral rates. Kansaspolicy.org... [More]
Following opening statements at Monday’s Pleasanton City Council meeting, public speaker Mike Higgins took the podium and told the council that he was talking to former Olive’s Hope building owner Brandon McGinnis concerning the sale of the building to a family that... [More]
Two of the county departments geared toward public safety are now under new direction. Missy Lancaster took over the Linn County Health Department as well as the position of Public Health Officer in November of last year and has made a few changes to the department since... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
Linn County has a new competitive softball team, Total Effect Softball, which will be based out of Mound City. Jayhawk-Linn head softball coach Kris Holt started the team and will be the head coach of Total Effect. Holt had multiple reasons on why he wanted to start a competitive... [More]
Fishing has slowed down since the last reports on June 27, but fish are still being caught and can be even better in the coming weeks with some cooler weather and more rain. All the reports were last updated on July 18. La Cygne Lake Catfish, largemouth and crappie are the... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com