Linn County News
Published May 13, 2020
Nancy Doreen Brindle, age 66, of Kansas City, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Nancy was born February 26, 1954, in Tribune, Kan., the daughter of Gerald D. and B. Doreen (Helm) Mangold.
Nancy graduated with the Greeley County High School Class of 1972. She earned her BA in Education from Fort Hays State University. She earned a Masters of Education Technology from Mid-America Nazarene University in 2005.
Nancy taught school in Plainview, Colo., and Tribune, Pleasanton and Paola schools in Kansas.
On December 23, 1996, Nancy married Chris K. Brindle.
Nancy was the VFW State Teacher of the Year and a finalist for the Kansas Teacher of the Year. She taught piano lessons for many years in Tribune as well as managing the swimming pool.
Nancy was the first woman to coach American football in Australia at the 2002 Down-Under-Bowl.
She was most recently on the Grand Opening Staff of the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center.
Nancy was a member of the Lutheran Church and the VFW Ladies Auxiliary.
Nancy loved every trip to the beach especially Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Daytona Beach; Surfer's Paradise in Australia and Hanauma Bay in Hawaii.
Nancy is survived by her husband Chris K. Brindle of Kansas City, Kan.; three children, Heidi Turner of Kansas City, Kan., Heath Hild and Beth Haney of Shawnee, Kan., Harmony and Jeff Reicks of Silverdale, Wash.; her mother Doreen Mangold of Tribune, Kan.; three siblings: Jerry and Kathy Mangold of Tribune, Kan., Larry Mangold of Bethune, Colo., Judi Mangold of Tribune, Kan.; her father-in-law, C.R. Brindle of Erick, Okla.; 11 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.
Her father; sister, Beverly Walter; and mother-in-law, June Brindle, preceded her in death.
You can donate to the CJD Foundation in Nancy's honor at https://secure.qgiv.com/event/cjdfoundation/account/977283/
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.chapelhill-butler.com for the Brindle family.
The family will hold "Celebration of Life" events for Nancy in the Kansas City area and in Tribune some time after large gathering restrictions are lifted. We hope you will plan to join us.
Published in the Linn County News Karen Joyce Hughes Kidwell, 73, of Linn Valley, Kan. passed away September 10th at her home. She was born Sept. 9, 1948 in Kansas City, Kan. She was a graduate of Shawnee Mission North High School, Bethany Hospital... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Leota Vondell Burris, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021. She was born in Marceline, Mo., on Aug. 30, 1936, the daughter of Thomas B. and Estel A. Watson Adams. She... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Janet (Brown) Maschino, 64, of rural Pleasanton and Parsons, passed away peacefully at 3:13 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, at her daughter’s home in Erie. Janet’s story starts on March... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
New IRS plan in $3.5 trillion spending package opens consumer checking accounts to federal oversight
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Consumers beware as President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package advances through Congress as much of the cost will come from new oversight on personal checking accounts. The oversight... [More]
Former Cox Motor Co. building, potential site for school By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Entering executive session for data relating to partnerships, the Pleasanton City Council spent 50 minutes discussing a partnership... [More]
A hearing at Linn County District Court for 2019-CR-000210, State of Kansas versus Lonnie Shane Martin, was held Friday afternoon for a no go preliminary where Assistant County Attorney Justin Meeks informed District Judge Terri Johnson that the state was withdrawing... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
It’s been a bumpy start to the 2021 season for Jayhawk-Linn’s football team. A roster with 19 underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) among its 32 members missed both their Aug. 27 home jamboree with Pleasanton and Erie because of COVID-19 and its scheduled... [More]
BY ADAM HOLT LINN COUNTY NEWS firstname.lastname@example.org The Prairie View cross country teams traveled to Fort Scott on Sept. 9 to compete in the Fort Scott Invitational. The Buffalos again performed well as the varsity girls won as a team. Head Coach Marcie Caldwell... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com