Linn County News
Published Aug. 30, 2017
Robert Dean "Weenie" Schoenhals, age 56, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Aug. 22, 2017, as the result of an automobile accident. He was born on Sept. 28, 1960, at Miami, Okla., the son of J. Don and Helen Loletta "Pete" Dickson Schoenhals.
He graduated from Miami High School in the Class of 1978. He married Shelli Cox on July 17, 1982.
Dean had an entrepreneurial spirit. He owned and operated North Side Auto, and worked at several other jobs. Dean's real passion was providing great food, superior service and a friendly atmosphere to the people of Pleasanton and people from near and far as well. He did this while owning and operating Northside BBQ, Dean's Pub and Grub and the Back Door Saloon.
Dean loved his family and enjoyed spending time with friends and riding his motorcycle.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
He is survived by his wife Shelli; four children, Jaisha Murillo and Rafael, Trae Schoenhals and Becca, Rance Schoenhals, and Shaila Schoenhals and Nathan; two sisters, Dona Wyrick and Connie Shaffer; and four grandchildren, Gabriel, Amaris, Lynndee and Maxximus.
Visitation will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017, at the Schneider Funeral Home, Pleasanton Chapel. A motorcycle ride in memory of Dean will be held after the visitation. A Celebration of Life will be held later that evening from 7-10:30 p.m. at the Van Lerberg Ranch, 22348 Valley Road, La Cygne, Kan. Please feel free to bring a covered dish or snacks.
The family suggests contributions to the Pleasanton United Methodist Church, Grady's Kids or Care to Share. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 John William Woodburn, 76, died March 7, 2021 in Baxter Regional Medical Center in Mountain Home, Ark. Graveside services will be held on Saturday, April 24, at 2 p.m. at the Pleasanton Cemetery in Pleasanton, Kan.,... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 Cecil L. Fish, 89, Ottawa, Kan., and former longtime Labette County resident, passed away Thursday, April 8, 2021, at his home. Cecil was born the third child to Cecil Paige and Edna (Nickoley) Fish on Dec. 7, 1931, in... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 William Michael McMillan, age 60, of St. Joseph, Mo., passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. He was born on Aug. 24, 1960, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of William McMillan and Virginia Russell McMillan. He... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Linn County News Published April 21, 2021 Floyd Arthur Holmes (or Arthur Floyd Holmes, it was never clear which) passed away peacefully at his residence at Grandwood Assisted Living in Grove, Okla., on Feb. 13, 2021, exactly one month after celebrating his... [More]
The Mound City Council met by phone for a special meeting on Tuesday afternoon, April 6, for the purpose of determining whether or not to reopen the discussions on the sale of the city lake. During the course of that meeting, the council voted to go forward with the discussions... [More]
Customers are spared a billing shock La Cygne natural gas customers will not feel the burden of a high February supplier invoice. The unanimous decision by its council followed a 15-minute executive session for legal attorney-client privilege at its regular meeting... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
Prairie View got contributions from many sources in their April 6 softball doubleheader sweep of Iola. Wins of 10-3 and 18-8 over the Fillies raised the Lady Buffalos’ Pioneer League record to 4-0, 5-0 overall, to begin this week. The team will host a non-league twinbill... [More]
The Jayhawk JV golf team did well last week. On April 5 they traveled to Erie and on April 6 they went to Fort Scott for a tournament hosted by Uniontown. In the Erie tournament they only brought three golfers so they could not place as a team, but at the Uniontown tournament... [More]
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming